FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 498
Page 498 of 580 FirstFirst ... 398448488490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506508548 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 14496

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Thank you Nigel for such a wonderful aircraft haven't flown anything else since I downloaded it. Looking forward to the release of the rest of the packages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-1-12_18-16-53-38.jpg   2019-1-12_18-21-38-919.jpg   2019-1-12_18-17-51-889.jpg   2019-1-12_10-9-33-985.jpg  

Icon25 Maiden Captain Sims C-130 Flight

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice Lockheed C-130E flight from PAFA Fairbanks International Airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks, Alaska to CYDA Dawson City Airport located 8 nautical miles east of Dawson City, Yukon, Canada.

CYDA Dawson City airport is TOTALLY impossible to land UNLESS all of you tell me that Microsoft built that airport in wrong way for FSX.

Airborne on climb to FL190 after my first Captain Sims C-130 take off from PAFA runway 02L for my first payware C-130 flight

Still climbing

Now cruising at FL190

Beautiful three color tone winter sky

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 4 screenshots, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the link: http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...ims-130-flight

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The more you mess with 'fake' paint schemes the more anomalies you find trying to make them work on a different model. Took me ages to find where the left-front tiny bit of Tail fin root was mapped to....once I wanted a black bit there....and it kept on being grey .... but I found it....about as far away from 'logical' as you can get. Really needed to give up on the wing stripes on the underside....the gear doors are all over the place....was bad enough with the wingtips. The datum layers are getting convoluted in the attempt to reverse-engineer the model-map.

Heya Jafo,

Sorry to have been givin you such hard time with repainting our Sabre model. I bow my head in shame. I'm just a bloody amateur, you know.

But hey! Good job on the 'fake' CA-27 conversion! A 'real' one was in the pipeline but never got finished:

Did you know that the photos i used for creating the cockpit textures came from a CAC CA-27 ? (shot and provided by my good friend Warwick Carter)

Despite the texture mapping conundrum (created about 12 years ago, how time flies, huh.. even virtually,have a bit more experience now) i hope you still can get some fun out of creating your 'fake' CA-27. I know i would've loved doing all these colourful AAF liveries !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Heya Jafo,

Sorry to have been givin you such hard time with repainting our Sabre model. I bow my head in shame. I'm just a bloody amateur, you know.

But hey! Good job on the 'fake' CA-27 conversion! A 'real' one was in the pipeline but never got finished:

Did you know that the photos i used for creating the cockpit textures came from a CAC CA-27 ? (shot and provided by my good friend Warwick Carter)

Despite the texture mapping conundrum (created about 12 years ago, how time flies, huh.. even virtually,have a bit more experience now) i hope you still can get some fun out of creating your 'fake' CA-27. I know i would've loved doing all these colourful AAF liveries !

Cheers,
    Jan

Jan....it's no great drama....all part of the fun of messing with what wasn't there. My biggest conundrum is finding datum points to align things....nothing worse than finding one side 5 pixels higher than the other....then correcting it by setting alignments to the air-brake doors only to be not quite convinced they actually are aligned themselves in the model. I kinda make a rod for my own back when doing it at 4096.....so easy to cheat [ignore] at 1024...
    I have 4 real paints 'sorted'....but it's more near-enough-is-good-enough because in reality a 27 is a lot different from an 86....a wee bit more than just the cannon ports...

Here's one I prepared earlier [as they say]....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Tutor at Cranwell

Smokin' …

-A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mB2.jpg   mB1.jpg  

Interesting AC aardvark62, whose model is that.

(For some reason when I try to reply with the previous message in quote it won't show up).
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Hi Joe.

It's the MonoBi Tundra, part of the abd MonoBi package from French VFR (freeware)

Real hoot to fly! - and the rest of the package is also rather interesting.

Gary.

Duo of 30's

Hi,

2 screens from a movie showing aerobatics abilities of these planes to be posted soon.

2 famous squadrons of the 1st world war: "Cigognes (Storks)" and "La mort qui fauche (the death which mows)".

JMC

OK...so now I'm trying to get an 86 look like a 27 .... slowly chasing up relevant notes and details to be a little more like the Avon. Taking forever, of course...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image9.jpg  

Found a walk-around that was invaluable .... managed to get all the texts and details as right as can be - considering it's an 86 ... but needless to say the note font was too big at 8 point.... had to be 7 instead... all the notes are correct enough...they change from plane to plane anyway, it seems. Hardest part was compensating for the model's external power port location, but I'm pretty happy with it....just the right side to do that's different to the left... and a 4096 paint kit might yet eventuate. [kill for a native ver of this 2004 though]...
    The paint's a fake [just for fun] - but I'll be reworking the 4 real ones once the details are done...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image40.jpg  

Something I haven't done in a long time... flying!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Nice shots Ted.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Found a walk-around that was invaluable .... managed to get all the texts and details as right as can be - considering it's an 86 ... but needless to say the note font was too big at 8 point.... had to be 7 instead... all the notes are correct enough...they change from plane to plane anyway, it seems. Hardest part was compensating for the model's external power port location, but I'm pretty happy with it....just the right side to do that's different to the left... and a 4096 paint kit might yet eventuate. [kill for a native ver of this 2004 though]...
    The paint's a fake [just for fun] - but I'll be reworking the 4 real ones once the details are done...
    These are pretty old (I was at Butterworth late 1970's early 1980's IIRC....KRAFT Syndrome) and the images are not great but they illustrate the overall 'Aluminum Dope' finish that our Avon Sabres wore for most of their service lives.
    You might get some idea of the panels and various access ports as well.

Somewhere buried in three filing cabinets are better detail shots of all the assorted NASA ducts and vents required by the engine swap. I'll look but can't promise.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This is and interesting trio of shots, they came about as full scale mock-ups of what the choices for tail art could have been but never were.
    I can't name the units these could have ended up on but it gives you a few 'might have beens' if you are so inclined (of course you are) Paul.

Scruffy shots but they are around 40+/- years old.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Use the 737 FMS to follow the magenta line?

- you know what you can do with your magenta line mate!

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    This is and interesting trio of shots, they came about as full scale mock-ups of what the choices for tail art could have been but never were.
    I can't name the units these could have ended up on but it gives you a few 'might have beens' if you are so inclined (of course you are) Paul.

Scruffy shots but they are around 40+/- years old.
    More like 60 years...but 956 is a paint I did as 974....one of the one's I'll upload if I ever stop getting anal about rivet counting...

Life's a Beech...

-A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D-17_2.jpg   D-17_1.jpg  

Sigh....started with the cannon....then went to the rear and located the air-brakes....worked forward via the external power panel....all the way forward....and came to the conclusion the cannon were too high..... don't quite have to do the whole lot again....just about a third of it....and while I'm at it will redo the zeus fasteners and rivets [again].... didn't help me that the nose is an 86...not a 27...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image54.jpg  

More like 60 years...but 956 is a paint I did as 974....one of the one's I'll upload if I ever stop getting anal about rivet counting...
    I did mention KRAFT syndrome......
    That nose is a problem, the insert is at least 3" deeper than an F86 and a tapered wedge at that.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Bristol brabazon

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Glider practice...

Early morning jaunt...

Nigel beauty...