FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 466

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Not exactly a Bomber's Moon

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    So....you're on a loose tether in the tail gunner's position of a B-25, the camera's a Nikon D850 using an F1.4 35mm lens.....(?)

Early morning out of Eielson--

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Christmas present for myself:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Phantastic Phantoms! Those paints are great, indeed. Thanks for a wonderful post!

Just as a side note, those intakes are a great, and very quiet, place for taking a short nap late at night. With the engines shut down, naturally
    They're the perfect size for a slender young Marine, and if you make sure your feet are pulled in, you're virtually invisible from the outside.

Thanks again for a wonderful post!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Hmmmm, the background plane is out of focus, but the water is in focus which is further away. Alternative reality?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hmmmm, the background plane is out of focus, but the water is in focus which is further away. Alternative reality?
    Background plane moving relative to the camera? ...

More Phenominal Phantoms!
    I think I'm going into Phantom overload!

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Our Phlyte line at VMFAT-101 had over 32 Phantoms in it's heyday. Granted, they all had the same paint job, and they were all covered in the usual Marine Dirt coating (what in Yuma isn't covered in dust anyway?), as well all the usual Phantom leaks, which attract the dust even more, but they were ours...

Thanks for some great pictures of some really good paints. A little clean for real Marine planes, unless they're at an air show, but hey...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    More Phenominal Phantoms!
    I think I'm going into Phantom overload!

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Our Phlyte line at VMFAT-101 had over 32 Phantoms in it's heyday. Granted, they all had the same paint job, and they were all covered in the usual Marine Dirt coating (what in Yuma isn't covered in dust anyway?), as well all the usual Phantom leaks, which attract the dust even more, but they were ours...

Thanks for some great pictures of some really good paints. A little clean for real Marine planes, unless they're at an air show, but hey...
    Pat☺
    Not all Phantoms weathered

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3920/3...a07925a8_b.jpg
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

LOL!!

VMFA-232. They were my last squadron's "sister" squadron. We called them "Two-Thirty-Stupid". Inter-squadron rivalries and all that. They and VMFA-333, with whom I was stationed my last year in, would rotate their det's to Iwakuni from Beautiful Beaufort by the Sea. 6 months at a shot. From Iwakuni, other side trips to Osan, Clark, and so on, as well.
    When I went to Iwakuni with "Trip-Trash", as they called us, or Trip-Trey as they called themselves, it was 333's last det to Iwa in Phantoms. When we got back, they started transitioning to the F/A-18's, and I was out of a job.
    That picture was probably taken right after 232 got back from, or just before they left for, Iwakuni. Right after the plane recovered from some flight, for sure. The drag chute over the left wing is a give-away. The ordies at the final check area they hit on return do that. They just shut the engines down, as well. The droopy flaps indicate 0 hyd pressure. They got to run through the Iwakuni wash rack as they launched for the return flight. Really nice wash-rack, too. Pressure plate to turn on the huge sprayers, big arcing sprays. Controlled by the aircraft's weight on the pressure plate. The birds almost always got a good thorough wash when they left Iwakuni, and when they got back to Beaufort. And/or before they left on det TO Iwakuni.
    That's why '101's birds tended to be a bit dirty.
    The Sharpshooters never went on det. 101 was where the pilot/RIO teams got their first taste of ACM, and bombing practice, before going to the Fleet. Heavy, heavy flight schedule, very seldom did they have time to hit the wash rack. LOTS of students to run through the syllabus. Maybe when they came out of an Annual, but that's about it. About the only clean parts of a VMFAT-101 plane were the canopy, and the radome. Amazing amount of metal in the Yuma dust. Any external radio or other electronic antennas outside the plane's body usually got a quick wipe as a plane captain went by on daily's, too.

Thanks again. Another little trip down memory lane
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Flying the WOP3 P-51D Mustang at dusk....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wop3 p-51d.jpg  
    Mark

Flight Replica's P-40 out of PASI to PAKT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-12-25_1-54-7-468.jpg   2017-12-25_2-0-30-274.jpg   2017-12-25_1-53-13-279.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Is that a paint you've done or plan to do Zolt?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Is that a paint you've done or plan to do Zolt?

Matt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I'll give it to Zsolt, one of the best in the repainting biz when it comes to weathering! @zsoltquack, do you have the SWS F-4B/Ns?

I should've grabbed those FR P-40s on sale, great model as I explore more WWII mounts to fly.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Those Phantoms get better and better!
    The dirt was just perfect. Only clean parts were the radome and canopy, just like I mentioned. Phantastic.
    Thank you Zsolt! I really appreciate the memories.
    If I see a Phantom parked with the others on the phlite line with a pair of feet sticking out of an intake I will laugh so hard...
    I used to find a bird not on the flight schedule for the next few hours and crawl in for a nap. Perfect size for me.

Thanks again, Zsolt! These pics just get better and better!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post

Just as a side note, those intakes are a great, and very quiet, place for taking a short nap late at night. With the engines shut down, naturally
    They're the perfect size for a slender young Marine, and if you make sure your feet are pulled in, you're virtually invisible from the outside.

Pat☺
    Can't recall much about the Phantoms from your side of pond, but ours (RAF) had a whopping great pitot probe for the ramp system just inside each intake ; you sorta had to slither underneath them to get all the way back there ; and yes , not a bad place for a nap !

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 289