FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 390

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Post-mission FUN

GAME-OVER
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-10-7_21-16-3-679.jpg   2016-10-7_21-17-40-315.jpg   2016-10-7_21-20-12-998.jpg   2016-10-6_23-4-47-401.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Smashing Time,

The castle is AWESOME. Is it FSX default castle or add on scenery?

Regards,

Aharon

Le Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy is FSX is default.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

The Camo works ....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XB-70-Digital-Camo-Hiding.jpg  

Slow movers intercept training mission ( part.2) - Under David's star - ( AS Viper + LHC Trinidad )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Ive allways wondered why the Air Force does not allow colorblind pilots,i looked at the pic before i read the words,saw the plane right away,it stands out to me like any other,,so i asked mom to look,she couldn't see it until i pointed it out,i've always been able to see 'camouflaged" items in books and movies on wwii,even in documentaries ,i've written it off as the show being in black and white,or just not well down..but two neighbors just looked and didn't see the plane either,so im wondering how many non-colorblind folks here can see it right away?..and i mean not after thinking about it,and how many can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The Camo works ....

So this is P3D not FSX but I'm rather pleased with the 'Old National Geographic' print I was after.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Menef, Great shots!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Ive allways wondered why the Air Force does not allow colorblind pilots,i looked at the pic before i read the words,saw the plane right away,it stands out to me like any other,,so i asked mom to look,she couldn't see it until i pointed it out,i've always been able to see 'camouflaged" items in books and movies on wwii,even in documentaries ,i've written it off as the show being in black and white,or just not well down..but two neighbors just looked and didn't see the plane either,so im wondering how many non-colorblind folks here can see it right away?..and i mean not after thinking about it,and how many can't?
    I used to know someone who was a photo intel guy during Vietnam and since he is colorblind he can easily spot camouflage.
    One day, they forced him to fly in the back seat of an F-4 in an effort to find some camouflaged sites at some undisclosed location.
    He already didn't like to fly, but on this trip the pilot was skimming the treetops, jinking and weaving.....and they were being shot at.
    He found what they were looking for, but they weren't happy with all puke, etc. he left in the back seat.
    They never made him do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    What made it easier to spot was the black areas on the delta wing.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Considering the strong colours used it was surprisingly effective.
    Obviously if the black 30.30.30 was a bit lighter and brown it'd work well.
    It ain't SEA .... which was/is one of the better ones...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    not really,well not for me anyway,mom could see the black,and after id pointed out the plane's outline,then she said that she'd seen all the black,but for me,i saw it all right off,and my first thought was,,what camo?..lol..im not saying his plane's paint isn't what it should be or whatever,i'm just saying that as a colorblind person,i saw it,and was refering to that...as a colorblind person,i've always seen the objects.whereas others don't.

as a side note,i'm wearing camo pants today...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Considering the strong colours used it was surprisingly effective.
    Obviously if the black 30.30.30 was a bit lighter and brown it'd work well.
    It ain't SEA .... which was/is one of the better ones...
    I use to walk to school and in my path I'd walk right under this aircraft, (it had white tires), at the old USAF museum since it was at the museum main gate I had to exit from.

I remember the pink B-24, B-29, and the that stubby little jet (Goblin). My favorite playground as a 6 grader! My dad was station at Wright Patterson and lived on base near the museum. Not base housing, but a very small trailer facility housed close to the museum. Very unusual living quarters.

I agree with the color choice, very effective! Reminds me of that photo of the Bf 109 in desert colors that blended well with the desert terrain.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking for other aircraft camo examples, I stumbled upon a Sea Harrier effectively camouflaging as a pond.

My favourite camouflage scheme is Euro-1 though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-10-19_17-55-18-857.jpg   2016-10-19_17-55-39-876.jpg   2016-10-19_17-56-11-8.jpg   2016-10-19_17-56-6-267.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

Looking for other aircraft camo examples, I stumbled upon a Sea Harrier effectively camouflaging as a pond.

And a bloody good job of it, too...
    The SEA camo I was referring to was that on the Thud...but not the ver you showed...never thought that full wrap around made much sense....unless there was a penchant for flying inverted....

Cool Surpirse visit...

...by the commander of the aviation brigade.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails army558.jpg  

No camo....but the way it really was....
    Early paint ver of the 20001 [that still survives, 20207 was lost].
    I still haven't done anything much with the bumps yet...and unfortunately there's no spec.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XB-70-20001-Final2.jpg  

Virtavia's F-105D features "My Karma" as one of the featured aircraft in that package.

The Virtavia F-105 for FS9/FSX is one of their best work IMO.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Agree BB686.. especially with the F-105D updates installed. Don't fly it often but I always enjoy it when I do

ATB
    DaveB

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Agree BB686.. especially with the F-105D updates installed. Don't fly it often but I always enjoy it when I do

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi DaveB! Virtavia Thud is on my whish- list, so could you please give me a link to download those updates? Thank you

Here ya go mate.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20

Scroll down the page until you come to the Alphasim F-104D realism mod. It was made by a group of RW Thud pilots and certainly helps

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 289