FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 367

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

CS 727 parking @ Vienna

Cheers,

Plane spotting at Thessaloniki

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Awesome pics Jeansy!
    Does anyone know how these liveries are applied? Are they vinyl wraps (like they do trucks) or actually painted on! I'm guessing the former, as a paint job would take w a y t o o l o n g !

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1 w/TacPac, FTX Southern Cali (KEDW), REX Texture Direct w/Soft clouds.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Does anyone know how these liveries are applied? Are they vinyl wraps (like they do trucks) or actually painted on! I'm guessing the former, as a paint job would take w a y t o o l o n g !

ChipShop

I would say paint as memory serves me, I recalled most of QANTAS' new paint announcements, wrapping is subject to tearing and peeling if damaged
    Last edited by jeansy; June 18th, 2016 at 21:15.

I strongly doubt any flying plane is ever wrapped. They'll all be painted. Static/display maybe.

Oh! So it's quite a work of art then!
    Yes, just thinking about it peeling vinyl sheets wouldn't be too desirable on a flight would it?
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

ATB
    DaveB

Back seat driver

Views from the rear cockpit in Dino's fantastic T-45. Landing at Pratica di Mare Airbase, Italy.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post

ChipShop
    From a previous life I remember a certain amount of vinyl being applied to service aircraft using the 3M 'system', generally these were smallish information plaques, the largest decal I can recall was the ubiquitous 'Ejector Seat Triangle'.
    Unless they were produced with the 3M materials completely they would fail, I think they fell out of favour as a result, certainly the time required to follow the 3M 'Specification' would have been a problem.
    As for 'special' paint jobs, temporary markings and/or camouflage are often painted using water soluble 'removable' paint.

For a decent result only solvent of chemical based finishes meet industry and service standards.

I imagine an epoxy based 'Two Pack' ('imagine' because its been a while) finish would be the minimum standard today.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Those US Navy Centennial schemes were done with paint - only some of the small markings/logos were applied with adhesive-backed vinyl graphics. There are some warbirds flying today that have some markings applied with vinyl as well - such as the VWOC Corsair, Brant Seghetti's P-51D "Blondie", an SNJ-6 I know of, etc.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

21st Century Spitfire Ted?

ATB
    DaveB

Sea Venom v2

SeaVenomV2

I offer this 'as is'. It was made using a base paint so whatever was wrong with that remains wrong with this. The underwing registrations are the wrong size due to mapping issues with the flying/moving surfaces which distort whatever hits them. I didn't like the distorted look so made them small. The exhaust on the release model looks like it's daylight in there so I've darkened that map. A consequence is that other areas which use the same map are now too dark (gun ports, wheel bays/doors) so if you can't do with this.. delete rivets.dds from the texture.5 folder. With luck.. when DaveQ see's this.. he'll release his version made with the benefit of JensOle's HD PK

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    21st Century Spitfire Ted?

ATB
    DaveB
    IRIS Twister! Digging thru my files looking for an aircraft and found this gem. Hadn't flown it in years.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Coincidentally, Ted, I just pulled that one out of my "hardrive hangar" too, in preparation of flying it again, having just seen some photos of a couple matching examples operating from Duxford in the UK.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Epic!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Coincidentally, Ted, I just pulled that one out of my "hardrive hangar" too, in preparation of flying it again, having just seen some photos of a couple matching examples operating from Duxford in the UK.
    These guys? http://www.twister-aerobatics.co.uk/

Yep, those are the guys, but the planes are looking like this right now (taken yesterday, at Duxford, photo by David Whitworth):

On a similar note, this would be a nice little one to have in FSX, the Isaacs Spitfire (dare I say, it looks even better than the Twister): https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=G-ISAC

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

SeaVenomV2

I offer this 'as is'. It was made using a base paint so whatever was wrong with that remains wrong with this. The underwing registrations are the wrong size due to mapping issues with the flying/moving surfaces which distort whatever hits them. I didn't like the distorted look so made them small. The exhaust on the release model looks like it's daylight in there so I've darkened that map. A consequence is that other areas which use the same map are now too dark (gun ports, wheel bays/doors) so if you can't do with this.. delete rivets.dds from the texture.5 folder. With luck.. when DaveQ see's this.. he'll release his version made with the benefit of JensOle's HD PK

ATB
    DaveB
    You mean this one?

I thought I had - senior moment...!

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sea Venom 467.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks for the Vic Sea Venom Dave B

Dave Q... are you going to release your one to? Jen mentioned it in the Scimitar thread. Hope so.

Matt

Blimey.. what are the chances of you doing XG607 too. Perhaps there's only one photo

Likin' that Dave. Release it if you please
    ATB
    DaveB

Carenado's Beech 350i, just a few quickies.
    FSX.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 289