FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 360

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Great!! Are those liveries available?

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Harvard and ( not=) Texan

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-18_21-48-48-154.jpg   2016-5-18_22-39-29-961.jpg   2016-5-18_23-8-34-257.jpg   2016-5-18_22-58-35-505.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Just a suggestion; I think it would be a good idea if (when a screenshot is posted) the poster could add a line (either above or below the screenshot) - identifying what the aircraft is? Also, the location of the airport (if applicable...i.e. many of the screenshots are inflight). But often the scenery is quite beautiful, such as anything from ORBX! Just a thought. I see a lot of great screenshots posted, but so often I do not know what the aircraft is, or the scenery. Thanks, NC

Dear All, I am joining the suggestion of Navy Chief and very kindly ask for such quick info under Your screeshots. I am a big fan of this Screenshots thread and I start reading the SOH Forum from every day from admiring Your excellent pictures. Even if I am sad about the fact that not all the unique repaints are made available for downloading, but still, the Thread here is a big inspiration for me as regards finding nice and beautiful places and destinations to fly around and visit them during my own flights. The quick info would be very appreciated and helpful for giving some idea where to fly for interesting landscapes or sceneries - as Navy Chief mentioned, just one or two pieces like: "JF Tornado & ORBX KFHR" or "A2A Texan & Drzewiecki EPWA" etc would be enough, but very important to feel the contents of the pics. I would like to express a big thank You in advance for all talented Creators here, who will give some extra info under the screenshots !!!!!!!!!
    With kindest regards !

Occasionally even the default aircraft and scenery can result in a 'pleasing' shot........Friday Harbor and the Ultra Light, nothing more or less.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well....I got sidetracked from Piglet's planes and attempted the impossible.... adding details to an aircraft that is essentially only 3 images...yet is native FSX. Started as messing with AB effects that differentiated between 2 engines...ie...shut one down and only one 'light'/smoke goes out...
    This thing is a Yak-130 ... and it suffered from almost zero 'detail'.... no lines/rivets/etc.
    Now...while trying to reverse engineer from model openings/animations to the 'paint' it is all going pear-shaped when you find symmetry/center-lines aren't even perpendicular to the image.....

It's going to be several 'months of sundays'...

Here's one issue...not the green bit on the fuse....that's the spoiler...I cannot see any logical reason in the paint why it has that grey section inside its boundaries.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Well....I got sidetracked from Piglet's planes and attempted the impossible.... adding details to an aircraft that is essentially only 3 images...yet is native FSX. Started as messing with AB effects that differentiated between 2 engines...ie...shut one down and only one 'light'/smoke goes out...
    This thing is a Yak-130 ... and it suffered from almost zero 'detail'.... no lines/rivets/etc.
    Now...while trying to reverse engineer from model openings/animations to the 'paint' it is all going pear-shaped when you find symmetry/center-lines aren't even perpendicular to the image.....

It's going to be several 'months of sundays'...

Here's one issue...not the green bit on the fuse....that's the spoiler...I cannot see any logical reason in the paint why it has that grey section inside its boundaries.
    It's cool that you're working on the YAK, but an FYI; it doesn't have afterburners, they're just standard run of the mill turbofans. It looks like you've got a lot of work to do there, but the 3D modeling wizards might be able to help you out. I was very excited just to see pics of one of those here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    It's cool that you're working on the YAK, but an FYI; it doesn't have afterburners, they're just standard run of the mill turbofans. It looks like you've got a lot of work to do there, but the 3D modeling wizards might be able to help you out. I was very excited just to see pics of one of those here.
    The burner effects are just for 'bling' ...but can be switched to staged smoke effects [for different throttle] ...
    Yep, it's a fun one... with trial and error to locate animation sections....and map linework accordingly. Still, at 4096 res no matter how badly I do it it'll be better than the effectively blank 1024 ones. Here's the starboard wing [top] pretty much 'right'.... only need to mirror it for the left....rotate 1 degree and scrunch bits that will still be wrong...and the port top will be done.....
    ...oh...the odd text is from the bump map...that I pinched from my Piglet PC-7 ....just so the colours would draw correctly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Just a suggestion; I think it would be a good idea if (when a screenshot is posted) the poster could add a line (either above or below the screenshot) - identifying what the aircraft is? Also, the location of the airport (if applicable...i.e. many of the screenshots are inflight). But often the scenery is quite beautiful, such as anything from ORBX! Just a thought. I see a lot of great screenshots posted, but so often I do not know what the aircraft is, or the scenery. Thanks, NC
    For post.8981 : Freeware scenery Val d'Aosta (Italy) at Simviation : http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...&categoryId=63
    Planes : Alphasim/Virtavia Harvard and A2A Texan

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    For post.8981 : Freeware scenery Val d'Aosta (Italy) at Simviation : http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...&categoryId=63
    Planes : Alphasim/Virtavia Harvard and A2A Texan

That scenery looks nice!!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    That scenery looks nice!!! NC

Gannet cab

Knocked this up for a member at CBFS and thought I'd open it up for anyone else who might want it..

GannetCab

Virtavia Sea King wearing HMS Gannet SAR.. cab 707/XZ920
    ATB
    DaveB

Skysim Mirage IIIR

Changing the default speculars again.....no more plastic shine (IMO)....yay! I'm sure this is wayyy too much.....but I like fiddling...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Wings are done...tail's done....fuse is next....trick is to work out WHY the top section of the canopy frames.....that you'd expect would be mapped to the top view section of the model are actually mapped to the underside....
    The U/C colours wheels etc come from the model directly...and are not painted as such.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yak130-3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Knocked this up for a member at CBFS and thought I'd open it up for anyone else who might want it..

GannetCab

Virtavia Sea King wearing HMS Gannet SAR.. cab 707/XZ920
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave,
    A welcome addition the the SAR fleet👍😉
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Rescue 177

Virtavia Royal Navy Sea King HAR Mk5 XZ920, departs Prestwick Airport on a short mission to help a stricken ferry in the Firth of Clyde.
    Repaint courtesy of DaveB. (Thanks Dave); scenery ORBX FTX EU Scotland.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-5-21_17-16-18-716.jpg   2016-5-21_17-24-56-607.jpg   2016-5-21_17-28-5-117.jpg   2016-5-21_17-53-58-542.jpg  
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Nice looking scenery! Where is it, and is that gate animated? NC

Members who have read this thread: 289