FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 321

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Thanks Ian; glad to be the source for your inspiration!

I remember these aircraft flying over Plymouth most days back in the 1980s, sadly a sight no longer to be seen!

ChipShop
    Oh aye, and I remember them over Torquay and Dartmoor in the '70's :-)

If you were lucky; the occaisional Sea Vixen or even a Shack up from St. Mawgan just to brighten up the scenery.
    Never forget legging it accross Dartmoor with friends and looking DOWN at a pair of Hunters skimming looooow accross Foxtor Mires.

Aaaah, all seems surreal now!

Heady times of eery tors, Westward tv, Ted Tuckerman's tackle shops, maids and scrumpy...

Those were the days - thanks for jogging old memories

Edit: Here's one that should jog a few for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b08JtdrTLiQ
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Gosh!, Yes Nigel; remember that very well; was it Graham Danton; Kenneth McCleod? Or was that BBC?

Gone all misty eyed now! (Sniff)😢
    Nice one Matey👍😄

And yep certainly remember Sea Vixens too. RAF Whirlwinds at Mountbatten; RAF ASR launches in Sutton Harbour..........

There's a couple of clips on YouTube of Plymouth airshow up at Roborough in the late 60s early 70s if you do a search. I was at the last show there as a boy!
    ChipShop👍😄

https://youtu.be/56IgTZz-9jU
    Here you are Nigel; if the link works properly!
    👍😄ChipShop

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Splendid stuff! Isn't it strange how 'drinking songs' sound exactly the same, whatever the language?
    Cheers!🍻😄
    ChipShop

Blog Entries
    Gosh!, Yes Nigel; remember that very well; was it Graham Danton; Kenneth McCleod? Or was that BBC?

Gone all misty eyed now! (Sniff)
    Nice one Matey

And yep certainly remember Sea Vixens too. RAF Whirlwinds at Mountbatten; RAF ASR launches in Sutton Harbour..........

There's a couple of clips on YouTube of Plymouth airshow up at Roborough in the late 60s early 70s if you do a search. I was at the last show there as a boy!
    ChipShop
    That's right; remember meeting Kenneth McCleod and would you believe it - Angela Rippon at Westward studios in the early 70's.

Clive Gunnel seems to ring a bell too - or was that Beeb SW ?

Edit: Ooooooh!!! for a pint of the good stuff at Widdecombe-in-the-moor....
    Last edited by nigel richards; January 7th, 2016 at 05:38.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Cool Business Service Kiwi Style!!

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice early morning business commuter flight from KATL Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport located seven miles south of the central business district of Atlanta, Georgia to KTPA Tampa International Airport six miles west of downtown Tampa, Florida,

Jetway disconnecting from the fully boarded plane

Starting engines after disconnected from pushback tug

Making a quick u-turn to taxi to taxiway E on way to runway 08R

Taxiing on taxiway E to short of runway 08R

Holding short of runway 08R awaiting for take off clearance

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 4 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink to view rest of the flight.

Here is the link: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/...ce-kiwi-style/

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    That's right; remember meeting Kenneth McCleod and would you believe it - Angela Rippon at Westward studios in the early 70's.

Clive Gunnel seems to ring a bell too - or was that Beeb SW ?

Edit: Ooooooh!!! for a pint of the good stuff at Widdecombe-in-the-moor....
    Hey Nige.

No, Your right, Clive was Westward as well, he did his walks and that; then there was Roger Shaw; Stuart Hutchinson; Judy Spiers; Ian Rogers; Ian Stirling to name but a few!
    Oh!, not forgetting Keith Fordyce, presenter of Treasure Hunt, and owner of the Torbay Aircraft Museum!

Last, but not least Gus Honeybun the Rabbit!

ChipShop

Etps

Westland Gazelle of the Empire Test Pilots School; seen over Boscombe Down, with one or two interesting visitors to be seen.
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-7_20-8-55-877.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Hey Nige.

No, Your right, Clive was Westward as well, he did his walks and that; then there was Roger Shaw; Stuart Hutchinson; Judy Spiers; Ian Rogers; Ian Stirling to name but a few!
    Oh!, not forgetting Keith Fordyce, presenter of Treasure Hunt, and owner of the Torbay Aircraft Museum!

Last, but not least Gus Honeybun the Rabbit!

ChipShop
    Gus Honeybun.LOL :-)))...thought I'd forgotten

Crikey, you sure have a sharp memory, my friend :-)

Know of any good freeware scenery for Devon, by any chance?

Always thought Dartmouth would make awesome scenery.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Well to be honest, it's really down to personal preference on that one Nigel;
    I use ORBX FTX Europe scenery with England,Scotland and Wales packages added on, then UK2000 VFR airfields; which I am very happy with! Some others prefer g p satellite imagery VFR style scenery, which looks excellent from a slightly higher altitude, but loses out on its believability if you like flying at low level !
    The other and probably best option would be to move back to the area👍😄, that way you could see it for real!

Oh, and I'd like 4 bunny hops please! Ha,ha,ha!
    ChipShop

Westland Gazelle of the Empire Test Pilots School; seen over Boscombe Down, with one or two interesting visitors to be seen.
    ChipShop
    Poor Old 936! She had a bit of an accident....

All modern aircraft have four dimensions: Length, Width, Height and Polotics. The TSR.2 simply got the first three right

Quote Originally Posted by Firebar View Post

OMG! This helicopter After the accident I just do that.

Just shows that it can and does go horribly wrong sometimes Firebar, even for a test pilot!
    Mind you, they push an aircraft to extremes! (Looks like a very heavy landing, for this one!)
    ChipShop

Just shows that it can and does go horribly wrong sometimes Firebar, even for a test pilot!
    Mind you, they push an aircraft to extremes! (Looks like a very heavy landing, for this one!)
    ChipShop
    She was bounced during EOL practices, the MAA Incident report is available here https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-2-june-2014 basically the large deceleration, movement of the rotor disk and the design of the Gazelles rotor caused the main rotor to hit the tail boom, severing it. The chopped tip of the boom may or may not have become a coffee table.
    All modern aircraft have four dimensions: Length, Width, Height and Polotics. The TSR.2 simply got the first three right

She was bounced during EOL practices, the MAA Incident report is available here https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-2-june-2014 basically the large deceleration, movement of the rotor disk and the design of the Gazelles rotor caused the main rotor to hit the tail boom, severing it. The chopped tip of the boom may or may not have become a coffee table.
    Thanks for the interesting info Firebar!

ChipShop

Homeward bound

Old and new

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot914.jpg   2016-1-9_14-12-8-9.jpg   2016-1-5_14-20-54-784.jpg   2016-1-5_14-20-33-702.jpg  

Wouldn't a native version of this be nice..

ATB
    DaveB

looks pretty sharpe on the outside Dave, might just have to give it a try

cheers ian

Nice shots Erican, but a Typhoon using its airbrake's to match the speed of a lightning, should'nt that be the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    looks pretty sharpe on the outside Dave, might just have to give it a try

cheers ian
    It does doesn't it. That was a straight 'grab' too I have just under 270hrs logged on the VA in the York in FS9 and I enjoyed every hour. Revisiting the model in FSX yesterday to be greeted by a clear view of the runway (no VC) then calling the 2D panel up to see it stretched to buggery (I had a 4:3 aspect monitor back then) was a disappointment but externally, the model still looks pretty darned good. Those are the default prop textures too
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Nice shots Erican, but a Typhoon using its airbrake's to match the speed of a lightning, should'nt that be the other way round
    Probably but have been having problems with my throttle and its a bit sensitive on the JF Eurofighter it was a lot more stable using the airbrake until I get my throttle fixed. Using Formation Flight Toys for FSX and available from <!-- m -->http://mudpond.org/ to enable the JF Lightning as Ai and have found you can run multiple copies to create large formations of aircraft which is good fun to play around with, I have had 16 other aircraft without problems although landing lights and gun effects might need to be temporarily disabled in some aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Probably but have been having problems with my throttle and its a bit sensitive on the JF Eurofighter it was a lot more stable using the airbrake until I get my throttle fixed. Using Formation Flight Toys for FSX and available from <!-- m -->http://mudpond.org/ to enable the JF Lightning as Ai and have found you can run multiple copies to create large formations of aircraft which is good fun to play around with, I have had 16 other aircraft without problems although landing lights and gun effects might need to be temporarily disabled in some aircraft.
    Hey erican2!

I have the formation setup gizmo as well; however, i'm darned if I can get any other aircraft to show alongside mine! I can select the aircraft to fly with me alright; but what other settings should I select to get a close formation?
    When I click connect to fsx, I get a confirmation of my formation; but i'm a bit stuck as to what to do next! Some help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers for now,

ChipShop

Two Jobs In One.

These are for Nigel Richards and T6Flyer!

First two pics are for Nigel; this is the ORBX FTX Eu. England summer scenery.
    Showing Bigbury-on-Sea and Burgh Island; also Dartmouth.
    (Perhaps T-6Flyer could oblige with a couple of shots from his VFR scenery of the same locations?)

Next two shots, for T-6Flyer; just to show that I too have a Harvard as well!
    (I can easily see why you like them so much Martin!)

Ttfn,

ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-1-10_10-3-4-812.jpg   2016-1-10_10-28-5-503.jpg   2016-1-10_11-15-26-408.jpg   2016-1-10_10-36-56-703.jpg   2016-1-10_11-8-40-754.jpg  

New project being worked on at Glowingheat.co.uk

Father of the SR-71, Lockheed A-12 Cygnus.

Taking the runway:

Turning on finals:

Go-around:

Members who have read this thread: 280