FSX Screenshots Here!! - Page 318

Thread: FSX Screenshots Here!!

Home from a wonderful meal at my Sister's and finding nothing on TV (except repeats and Strictly) fired up the Sim and flew over Devon for an hour armed with some in-flight refuelling for myself!

Sandbank at Dawlish

Exeter

Eggesford Airfield in the middle of the screen

The WW2 US Navy Airfield at Winkleigh.

Martin

Really Great Shots Martin! A rather good looking mount as well!
    Hope you didn't over indulge too much
    Seriously considering that scenery for my FSX set up, what's it like closer to the ground? Does the detail tend to get quite a bit fuzzy below say 500ft?
    TTFN,
    ChipShop

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Really Great Shots Martin! A rather good looking mount as well!
    Hope you didn't over indulge too much
    Seriously considering that scenery for my FSX set up, what's it like closer to the ground? Does the detail tend to get quite a bit fuzzy below say 500ft?
    TTFN,
    ChipShop
    Still topping up my glass as and when!

Scenery is fine above 1500' but any lower does lose clarity the lower you go. Don't really notice this in the landing approach as have somehow more important things to think about than the fields rushing by!

But very very pleased with it all. This is where I am staying. No P3D for me. This build will be my final simulator and when the ATA T-6 is released, probably will be spending most of my time with that. Need to practice my short field landings as most airfields/strips in either Devon and Cornwall are a little on the small size.

Downwind 11 for Eggesford

Plymouth Bound Auster Duo

Meteor out of Exeter

Lee Moor 504s

Martin

Few more low levels:

Comanches approaching the Tamar

Tamar Valley Comanche Duo

Sabre following the A30 from Honiton (for some reason the scenery doesn't replicate stock bridges)

Spitfire 11 Approach for go around at Eggesford

Martin

Can you hear her sound?

Best regards, Manfred.

What scenery is this?

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Home from a wonderful meal at my Sister's and finding nothing on TV (except repeats and Strictly) fired up the Sim and flew over Devon for an hour armed with some in-flight refuelling for myself!

Sandbank at Dawlish

Exeter

Eggesford Airfield in the middle of the screen

The WW2 US Navy Airfield at Winkleigh.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    What scenery is this?
    It's the Horizon/Playsims VFR Scenery for Southern England. The trees are the old Shepshed FS2004 that fit their original positions and then also added is the FSX Power Project for the pylons etc.

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/aviatio...-england-p2760

Scenery is currently in their Sales at £9.98 ($14.81). A Bargain........

Martin

Just to show what the scenery is like at low level, earlier this morning (couldn't sleep) went and found all three Cornish Lightnings (Castle Motors, Callington and Lower Tremar) in the Flight Replicas J-3 Cub. Screenshots can't really give a good picture of the flight as the moving image really captures the moment. At times find it very realistic indeed, having flown over this area for over 35 years. Even low and slow, scenery is still sharp when at low speeds (except was too low for the Tremar one!).

Following A38 from Liskeard towards Castle Motors.

Castle Motors Lightning

Callington Lightning

Lower Tremar Lightning

Martin

Christmas gift from euroastar350

Bell222 at KFOD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-26_14-38-24-95.jpg   2015-12-26_14-49-28-773.jpg   2015-12-26_14-49-35-985.jpg   2015-12-26_14-51-29-390.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Bell222 at KFOD
    That's a cool looking model. We're I not in possession of the Cerasim version, l'd be over it like a rash!! Nicely done Eurostar
    Atb
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Can you hear her sound?

OOOHH Yes!

What a cracking model! Does she leave 4 sooty trails behind just like the real C-130?

ChipShop

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    Just to show what the scenery is like at low level, earlier this morning (couldn't sleep) went and found all three Cornish Lightnings (Castle Motors, Callington and Lower Tremar) in the Flight Replicas J-3 Cub. Screenshots can't really give a good picture of the flight as the moving image really captures the moment. At times find it very realistic indeed, having flown over this area for over 35 years. Even low and slow, scenery is still sharp when at low speeds (except was too low for the Tremar one!).

Following A38 from Liskeard towards Castle Motors.

Castle Motors Lightning

Callington Lightning

Lower Tremar Lightning

Martin
    Many thanks for these 'visually descriptive' pics Martin; one picture paints a thousand words and all that!
    ChipShop

'Real Air' PR Spit

PR Spitfire at Exeter and over the Exe estuary.

To Prove a Point.

The 'Binbrook Beauties' are back!

Eaglescott Excursion

Took my favourite Chipmunk for a spin around North Devon today; made a 'Perfect' 3 point landing! (Who's a clever boy then?)
    ChipShop

Used to a Chipmunk based at Eaglescott. Flew it out of a strip at Manstage near Okehampton in June 2004.

Edit: According to G-INF, it is still there. Was WZ882 with the Army Air Corps and now G-BXGP.

Yes, so I'm led to believe. There's at least one Tiger Moth as well isn't there?
    CS

J7W1 NEW Texture, Normalmap version.

J7W1 NEW Texture, Normalmap version. Need the converted model file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-27_21-34-59-41.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    OOOHH Yes!

What a cracking model! Does she leave 4 sooty trails behind just like the real C-130?

ChipShop
    Depending on the thrust, yes....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Bristol Beaufighter

Bristol Beaufighter X

weathered look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-27_19-4-51-887.jpg   2015-12-27_19-3-32-355.jpg   2015-12-27_19-5-58-810.jpg   2015-12-27_19-10-22-904.jpg  

Tried the A2A Cub for the first time today and loved every second of it until had a problem with a .dll file. Tried again this afternoon and same problem, so will ask on their forum tomorrow. Was going to go and find the Playsims/Horizon version of Eaglescott for Chipshop to show the difference from the Orbx scenery and ended up finding that (took a while as was rather hidden), Eggesford, Brentor and then back to Plymouth for tea and medals in the Super Tucano.

Bumbling along at 65kts

Eaglescott - Home of the Devon Air Ambulance

Eggesford

Brentor

Did someone mention the Devon Air Ambulance??

ATB
    DaveB

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Gorgeous shots as usual John

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 287