Sadly, a part of history missing in FSX. Van Nuys Airport

Thread: Sadly, a part of history missing in FSX. Van Nuys Airport

Sadly, a part of history missing in FSX. Van Nuys Airport

One-Six-Right is a must see for anyone interested in GA. I saw it on Hulu then bought the DVD. The story is a history of GA as presented from the "eyes" of KVNY. The video is wonderful.

Glenn

If only you could see it here

I'm hoping FTX/Orbx will do it when they do California.

Patrick

I am hoping for Van Nys and Pearson. I know the Flightzone works but its missing alot...I deleted it from FSX.

Alas and alack, one of those dreary sites that won't allow users from o/s the USA.
    Philistines!
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget to watch "One Six Left: The making of One Six Right"
    "One Six Right" is soooooooooooooo good, it actually chokes me up at times.
    Possibly the best aviation video put out.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteber View Post
    Don't forget to watch "One Six Left: The making of One Six Right"
    "One Six Right" is soooooooooooooo good, it actually chokes me up at times.
    Possibly the best aviation video put out.
    I agree.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

One of the best aviation videos made, can't watch it enough.

What do you mean "missing in FSX" as it's present in mine. Not even vaguely close to the atmosphere or character of the real thing though but I've done many landings on my virtual 16R.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by oldpropfan View Post

Not even vaguely close to the atmosphere or character of the real thing though but I've done many landings on my virtual 16R.

Al
    That's the point I was trying to make. It can definitely be a lot better

Blog Entries
    I thought I had an add-on for that airport? I can remember flying out of it shortly after watching the film. I don't remember who made it, however?

I know a lot of good I am doing.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Alas and alack, one of those dreary sites that won't allow users from o/s the USA.
    Philistines!
    check out utube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sH_crB9xTc they have some of the scenes online if you want to see what you are missing.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

That was a great video. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that they also talked about Miegs Field and how daley destroyed it.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    That was a great video. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that they also talked about Miegs Field and how daley destroyed it.
    To be totally honest, that scene made me tear up a good bit, and I'm not exactly the most sensitive guy around.

Fantastic film, I don't believe I even blinked while watching it the first time.

Thanks for posting the link to this program on Hulu!

I remember seeing this on TV not long after I moved to USA a few years ago, and as I live in Los Angeles it was a double benefit to see it. There is some fantastic footage in there. I'll watch it tonight on the PC linked to the TV to appreciate its full glory!

Cheers again!

Sketchy

Blog Entries
    The bottom line however is that anything and everything that van nuys is and was is completely missing from fsx. generic buildings are used for everything, and the whole place was treated like some cow on a cattle drive.. Even though i dont personally live in Van Nuys, i'm disgusted by it.. Van nuys needs to be done and done right..

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I thought I had an add-on for that airport? I can remember flying out of it shortly after watching the film. I don't remember who made it, however?

I know a lot of good I am doing.
    Just did a search at flightsim.com for "van nuys" and found one FSX scenery, two FS9 sceneries, and an afcad for Van Nuys. Must be something useful in there?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    The bottom line however is that anything and everything that van nuys is and was is completely missing from fsx. generic buildings are used for everything, and the whole place was treated like some cow on a cattle drive.. Even though i dont personally live in Van Nuys, i'm disgusted by it.. Van nuys needs to be done and done right..
    And that shocks you that the default is not very good? You could say that about 90+% of the airports/airfields/airbases in the game. Aside from a nice video and a rich heritage what's so special about KVNY? What's disgusting is the way MS put southwest US ground cover over most of the planet.

Angry Lack of a realistic KVNY....

Agreed, MS did a poor job of rendering airports in both FS9 and FSX....3rd party add-ons are the only way to go!

It's too bad that an airport as important to aviation history as KVNY has not yet been done by a major developer, like Fly Tampa. (KVNY is my home airport. Encore Flight, formerly Hollywood Aviators, is the FBO I use there.) Hopefully that will become a reality. A realistic KBUR would be nice, too!

Also, One-Six Right is absolutely great, and One-Six Left is also excellent!
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy3 View Post
    Also, One-Six Right is absolutely great, and One-Six Left is also excellent!
    I do need to check out "One-Six Left". A lot of the flight scenes in One-Six Right reminded me of the "California Soaring" ride at Disney's California Adventure. great stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0