New Version of MAAM's B-25J

Thread: New Version of MAAM's B-25J

New Version of MAAM's B-25J

Hi guys,

just saw this announcement on MAAMs website.....looks better than ever.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/news/BT_v7_PR/BT_v7_PR.htm

C
    heers
    Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the heads-up ! CD now ordered !

Alastair

No mention of upgrades for those of us with previous versions. Or did I miss it somewhere?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    No mention of upgrades for those of us with previous versions. Or did I miss it somewhere?
    I wondered that as well. Chances are I'll buy a new copy anyway (as it's supporting a worthy cause) but it would be nice if that was a matter of choice rather than necessity.
    Andy

I'm curious to know if there any more information on what has been improved/changed from the prior versions, and if my old computer can handle the newer version. :salute:

--WH

Hi WH,

If you download the new manual:

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhanc...N_USERS_MANUAL

you can see what's been changed. On the face of it the biggest changes are a much improved VC and options for those using widescreen (15:9) monitors. For FSX its a port-over version rather than a new one from scratch.

Beyond that I doubt there's anything fundamental, so I would expect it to perform much the same as Version 6, which is pretty good anyway IMHO.

Alastair

The clickable VC and engine damage modeling have clinched this one for me. Those were two features lacking in the previous version...which was excellent enough regardless. I'll definitely be grabbing the new version, since the money goes to a very worthy aviation cause.
    -Mark

It is my 4th of July present to myself. I did not even check if there is any discount for those of us who owned the earlier version. The money goes to support the real thing. I put enough for four CDs in the tin the last time I was in PA.The clickable VC might have a small impact on FPS but I doubt it will be noticeable. That and the damage modeling for the engines would have been my main reasons to buy it....if just supporting the MAAM museum wasn't enough.Since the included paints still don't include my personal favorite B25 "in the mood" I guess I will have finally paint her myself. After all this is one of the few that participated in the re-enactment of the Doolittle raid multiple times. And I have flown in it Stefan

I have their DC-3 which is great. After reading this article I went over and looked around. I'll be getting their other two over the next month. Real quality and a good cause.

I also saw where there is a free upgrade for previous owners.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    I also saw where there is a free upgrade for previous owners.
    MAAM did provide a free upgrafe from fs2002 to fs2004 which I took but had to buy the DC-3 fs2004 version. Tha's probably what you saw on the free enhancements page.

From comments on their forum of late they are having serious donation problems so I"m guessing if there is any discount it will by necessity be very small.

Having said that, however, full fs2004 VC capability and engine modelling, plus supporting a very good cause is shoving me into yet another donation to this great crew.
    :salute:
    The only question I have is there a way to convert the existing wad of add-ons to this version. They are offering 40 skins in the pack, but I have over 60 on my current version. Oh well I guess I can figure that out at the proper time.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Have you looked at the Avenger package? That also looks excellent.

Not sure who this was pointed to, but I definitely agree. Plius there are -- as usual -- a ton of repaints availale as well.
    Racartron

It is!! :salute:
    Andy

After reading through the new manual, the model appears to be the same( based on close up of the wheels) -- except for upgraded VC bits. So I'm guessing any existing repaints will be usable with the caveat of adding the new vc bmps to them. One can hope.
    Racartron

One of my favourites, but you need the update for it to work (crash to desktop)!:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    MAAM did provide a free upgrafe from fs2002 to fs2004 which I took but had to buy the DC-3 fs2004 version. Tha's probably what you saw on the free enhancements page.

From comments on their forum of late they are having serious donation problems so I"m guessing if there is any discount it will by necessity be very small.

Having said that, however, full fs2004 VC capability and engine modelling, plus supporting a very good cause is shoving me into yet another donation to this great crew.
    :salute:
    The only question I have is there a way to convert the existing wad of add-ons to this version. They are offering 40 skins in the pack, but I have over 60 on my current version. Oh well I guess I can figure that out at the proper time.
    The announcement indicates that all previous skins will work on the new version....so you should be good to go there.

Stefan

Just bought it a little while ago and spent a bit of time installing plus all the extra scenery and stuff so won't try it until tomorrow. Looks very cool. And comes with the update already included.

The original BT was great already....but this new one is definitely worth it if you are a VC jockey like me. I have not had an engine failure yet but I am treating the old girl with respect .... so it may never happen :salute:

The only remaining pop-up you have to use is for the radio stack. Acceptable compromise I think.

Love the removable yokes...they are nice to see in the VC, but in FS they seem to be in the way much more than in a real cockpit.

:ernae:
    Stefan

Members who have read this thread: 0