Flight1 – Cessna Skylane 182 TC released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight1 – Cessna Skylane 182 TC released

Flight1 – Cessna Skylane 182 TC released

Hi there,

Maybe already known but I noticed that the Flight1 Cessna Skylane 182 TC has been, although only for fathers so it seems, released.

Go to this flight1 forum topic for info and download link.
    Anneke

Well, for $50.00........seriously? All I can say is....I'll wait for reviews.

same i am goto wait and see what people say
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I picked it up last night and did a quick test flight. I guess it's been a while (and several computers ago) since I tried using a G1000-equipped plane. My recollection was that glass panels really brought my FPS to their knees. I was surprised to discover that on my current system, the F1 182 has a very light impact. Performance was good - on par with any steam gauge plane I've flown. My sense from a short hop was that this is a very civilized plane. It's new, spotless (except for the inevitable bugs on the windshield) and well-mannered. The engine sounds seem to be simulating an ANR headset, so they're a quiet background hum. And the panel? Good grief, it's a button-twiddler's dream. I could easily see lawn-darting this one into the ground from being so fixated on the wealth of information the twin screens provide. Clearly I'll have to read the manuals to get the full sense of what it's capable of.

All in all, I'm intrigued. It sure is a marked difference from my other weekend purchase - the Classics Hangar Bf 108. Check Checkers and Dischem Specials. That one's definitely a lot lighter on the info and way more work to fly. Sure looks good, though.

Jim says the c182 g1000 system is similar functionality as the F1 Cessna Mustang. In fact, he says the 182 is on par with their Mustang. That thread also mentions that it is easier on PC than the Mustang. If so, I am sure it will be one heck of an add-on.

Unfortunately, I am building a new RC plane. So my FSX budget is limited at the moment. But I will definitely buy it, unless the reviews come up with something unexpected.

I definitely in - before the day is done. As someone noted - that's purty.

Glenn

At $49.95 it's a bit expensive for me right now, i have got to service, insure and tax the car this month.

Agreed. I use to shop at Flight1 all the time but they have bacame the Neiman Marcus of payware. I see they still carry some really dusty planes that went extinct along time ago.

$50? Ouch! :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yeah but remember, Textron takes a percentage royalty on the Cessna products..
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

If the G1000 Functions similar to The Mustang then $50 bucks is a very good price.I'm happy to spend good money on good quality.

I'M IN!!

Patrick

It is definitely worth the $50. I am seriously impressed. I do see a couple very minor things that only someone with some real G1000 time might notice. It does not detract from the quality in any way. It's a very well done product.

Glenn

I picked it up and gave it a good try. I run an overclocked i7 950@4.2GHz with a GTX470 and 6Gb RAM with FSX on an SSD. I find the smoothness of the PMDG JS41 to surpass Flight1's T182T here. Testing in FTX territories with my standard settings for the regions, I noticed some definite stuttering of gameplay, something not experienced in any other addon I have. I got better performance in Aerosoft European locations like EDDH with UTX Europe active. But still not that smooth experience I was hoping for. It is a great simulation of the G1000 and so on, but I felt compelled to take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee. The fps hit was a noticeable 5-10, which may not be an issue per se for some. But the loss of smoothness was my showstopper, particularly as my predominant use for it as GA would be vfr looking at the world passing by out of the windows. The refunded cash will be going towards perhaps the ngx or some scenery. Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    I picked it up and gave it a good try. I run an overclocked i7 950@4.2GHz with a GTX470 and 6Gb RAM with FSX on an SSD. I find the smoothness of the PMDG JS41 to surpass Flight1's T182T here. Testing in FTX territories with my standard settings for the regions, I noticed some definite stuttering of gameplay, something not experienced in any other addon I have. I got better performance in Aerosoft European locations like EDDH with UTX Europe active. But still not that smooth experience I was hoping for. It is a great simulation of the G1000 and so on, but I felt compelled to take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee. The fps hit was a noticeable 5-10, which may not be an issue per se for some. But the loss of smoothness was my showstopper, particularly as my predominant use for it as GA would be vfr looking at the world passing by out of the windows. The refunded cash will be going towards perhaps the ngx or some scenery. Andrew
    Thanks Andrew...I feel better now knowing I am most likely gonna pass on it, and I'm sure my system is lower end compared to yours...so.....thank you

Thank you Andrew for your short preview of this aircraft. Considering my computer is challenged by the default aircraft with the G1000, I will most definitely not consider springing for this one.

Regards, Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Hi there,

Maybe already known but I noticed that the Flight1 Cessna Skylane 182 TC has been, although only for fathers so it seems, released.

Go to this flight1 forum topic for info and download link.
    This photo does it no favors. It looks like FS2002 ware. Any better photos?

Blog Entries
    Looks wonderful, I'm tempted....but I just shelled out $55 for Ifly 737....plus I am not a huge fan of glass. Sometime in the future I'll pick it up.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

I found some better previews here http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.ph...threadID=21565
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Blog Entries
    Although I have no experience of a 182TC in real life, I cant help think that the rudder and aileron response on this are far too sensitive. I fid steering on the ground particularly difficult. Opinions from someone with experience of this types opinion would be appreciated,
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Although I have no experience of a 182TC in real life, I cant help think that the rudder and aileron response on this are far too sensitive. I fid steering on the ground particularly difficult. Opinions from someone with experience of this types opinion would be appreciated,<o></o>Regards, Ian.
    I have to wonder if individual controllers and/or calibration don't have something to do with this. While I don't have any time in this type, I've got a few hours in a 172, and I don't find the F1 182 particularly difficult to taxi. It behaves more or less like all the other Cessnas I've got when on the ground. That said, I've seen a couple of posts about this, so maybe it's a problem with some systems or setups.

Quote Originally Posted by flaminghotsauce View Post
    This photo does it no favors. It looks like FS2002 ware. Any better photos?
    Might go to Simforums, which is Flight1's main forum.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/182t...opic39373.html

The screenshot the OP posted was taken by me, and is compressed several times, hence the poor quality. The link here is for screenies taken by someone who wasn't on the T182T team.
    Best Regards,
    Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
    San Diego, CA

Yoda,How soon will it be available through Flight1 with the manual?

THX

Patrick

C182 at CYVR Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Might go to Simforums, which is Flight1's main forum.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/182t...opic39373.html

The screenshot the OP posted was taken by me, and is compressed several times, hence the poor quality. The link here is for screenies taken by someone who wasn't on the T182T team.
    Attachment 40616

Here's a few higher res shots I took nearing the end of beta...

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Hello,

I bought this plane and I have to say I really like flying it, once I got the hang of the handling it was tame and smooth. I think it's boaderline on the price of it but no regrets yet. I recommend it, very nice to fly. I also think the performance is much better than the Mustang which I also have, my system isn't the best but I can still fly the stang, just sometimes refreshes a little slow. I think the ground handling is a little touchy, but you get used to it.

See ya, Rockitglider :salute:

Members who have read this thread: 5