Milviz F-15E latest paint job
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-15E latest paint job

Milviz F-15E latest paint job

So guys if you thought the old paint was good....how does this measure up?

Dusty MudHen eh?

looking mighty good

[MARQUEE]Looks good. [/MARQUEE]

Here is a real one, just in case you could use another example, a USAF photo taken a few days ago in fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

When will this beauty be released? I have been wanting a MILVIZ mudhen in FSX since their initial pics were released. Are we there yet?

Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We are ramping up testing on the F-15C/E right now with the T-38 testing winding down. I had to take the screens using the VC view since for some reason EZ Dock was not cooperating with me on the external view. I probably just need to create an outside view point. That is why there are no pilot figures in these shots though. Either way can tell the detail in the bump maps and all! I'll add some more to this later, but figured it was worth taking some closer up ones since those were pretty far away. Looks like the Air Force uses the same roll around fire bottles on the flight line we do in the Navy. Who would have thought.

Attachment 40346Attachment 40347
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Videre Vincere Est
    Very nice! Love the bomb under the centerline

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

It will be nice to have the Talon to train in while we wait for this beauty. Without having flown any of your aircraft, Milviz is quickly becoming my favorite FSX developer. Good luck guys.

Granted, I came from the F-16 side so I haven't been privy to a lot of F-15 access. But the ones I have seen, as in the pic wileycoyote posted were of a lighter gray. If there are dark gray ones in the inventory, I've never come across one.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Dag
    Overall colour of the F-15E is grey 36118, the same as the darkest on the F-16. The pics shown remind me of the darker 36081, as used in the European 1 scheme.
    Also, go a bit easier on the dirt around panel lines.

Thanks

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I will look into it.. Being Navy I am not to privy to the Air Force colors, and our Mil handbook for color schemes doesn't cover the F-15 (obviously ). The light gray that we use in the Navy is the 36320. The gray in the screenshots is more closer to the 35237 that we use to paint the top of the H-60's... 36118 would be pretty dark though, almost black. Cause we use the 36081 to paint markings on the exterior of the birds, and that is pretty dark. So the 118 is not to far from that.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

The color used is FS 36118. However, FS is not the RW so the lighting in game isn't lightening it up the way it should. I will maybe look at this further. For the dirt, better to have some than none. It can be adjusted in the paintkit.

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    The color used is FS 36118. However, FS is not the RW so the lighting in game isn't lightening it up the way it should. I will maybe look at this further. For the dirt, better to have some than none. It can be adjusted in the paintkit.
    Roger that. I did not state no dirt, I said go easy on it, for the records.

Perhaps I should have said better to have too much than not enough....

A peek at a real one

another USAF photo taken a few days ago
    might be helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

What base is this Wily?:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

big exercise going on

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    What base is this Wily?:salute:
    [MARQUEE]LOL Eielson AFB near Fairbanks, Alaska [/MARQUEE]
    150 aircraft and thousands of people in Northern Edge 13 June to 24 June. USAF, US NAVY, US MARINES and US ARMY
    http://www.eielson.af.mil/photos/mediagallery.asp for photos (very big)
    Most or all of the F-15E are from Mountain Home AFB (formally based at Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage, Alaska until a few years ago).
    http://www.jber.af.mil/photos/mediagallery.asp photos here

lotsa photos, most very big !! go to the next page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess rather than go with reality, I will have to go with illusion. :salute:

I guess rather than go with reality, I will have to go with illusion. :salute:
    Please ask your artists to check this site for some amazing reference shots.....especially the colour and dirt. Lakenheath 'hens are kept pretty clean.

http://mjaviation.co.uk/Lakenheath.htm

Attachment 40411

I've seen and photographed both dark blue and more grey F-15E's.

I'm under the assumption that these 'lighter' mudhens are F-15E's that have been through Robins AFB, where they are taken apart, rebuilt, tested (I hear the sonic booms almost every day), painted up, and ferried back.

Regards, Diego

There will be a paintkit. You can choose your own colors!

There will be a paintkit. You can choose your own colors!

I will start the F-15E paint work very soon
    (... and certainly keep an eye on the base colors )

Dag: Jeg kan ha behov for din ekspertise :salute:

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

These screen shots do tend to make the plane look too dark, but then that's the way screen shots work sometimes. When looking at the model in-game and close up, the texture work is fantastic and doesn't appear to be as dark.

I do think it would be nice to have a texture set that is much lighter, though....which it appears that Gunnar/Skyhawk18 is going to be doing, from the way his post reads between the lines.

Members who have read this thread: 1