Wilco: Tilt Rotor (Bell Agusta 609)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilco: Tilt Rotor (Bell Agusta 609)

Wilco: Tilt Rotor (Bell Agusta 609)

The DL version seems to be released:
    http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fu...prod_tiltrotor

Has anybody bought it already? Does it have a native FSX model?
    Wilco is one of those companies who are making it very hard to understand if it's a native FSX model or only a compatible FSX aircraft with FS8/9 model.

EDIT:
    "High resolution reflective and chrome textures, dynamic shine, night lighting, bump-mapped detail (FSX only)" ..I guess a native FSX model.

Not really my type of aircraft, but interesting!!! I wonder how the frames are with these gauges and animations and if itīs FSX native. No definite information on this in the text!

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Not really my type of aircraft, but interesting!!! I wonder how the frames are with these gauges and animations and if itīs FSX native. No definite information on this in the text!

Alex
    Compatable tells it all.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    Compatable tells it all.
    If it is a FeelThere product, actually, it doesn't. I was surprised to find that many of the FT updates bringing their products from FS9 to FSX actually included native FSX models. I don't believe bump maps are supported in FS9 models, so if they are present as stated, that implies native FSX (hopefully one of the developers around here can corroborate or say otherwise on that).

It is, unfortunately, a case of waiting to see, when someone gets one and flies it!

Ian P.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    What's the price in dollars? This has been on my list.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

harleyman
    I like the Tilt Rotor,but the sound set I do not like at all...Plus when she started it was pumping black smoke well before the starter was hit and the props even spun ...It seemed to me.......

Some of the screenshots show self-shadowing. That indicates true FSX for sure. I'm just waiting on the performance report (FPS compared to default aircraft).
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Hmm the gauges are looking to me like default gauges (the Garmin with a different background).

http://www.bellagusta.com/air_ba_mainVid.cfm#QTVR

For me the price is a little bit too high for a pure "fun" aircraft, but on the other hand it seems to be extremely cool and a lot of fun... :redf:

I think I would buy this, but it will have to wait until after Christmas and my restraints are broken regarding some of their prior releases. I want to hear what others have to say before purchase... but, if I like what I hear, I will buy this. I like the concept and developers working hard and developing such interesting things should be rewarded.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up guys! I didnt know it was released.

:ernae:

I have waited YEARS for a Bell Agusta.....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Didn't quite escape.
    The funny thing here is that after all the complaints from the US board members that everything was too expensive not too long ago, now the GBĢ has taken a tanking, the Brits now keep looking at things and going "I'm not paying that!" - at Ģ32.22, this one may well be one of those occasions for many.

Ian P.

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    The funny thing here is that after all the complaints from the US board members that everything was too expensive not too long ago, now the GBĢ has taken a tanking, the Brits now keep looking at things and going "I'm not paying that!" - at Ģ32.22, this one may well be one of those occasions for many.

Ian P.

Here here - well said Ian

My kinda Tilt rotor.:ernae: Goes and compliments my MV-22 in da hanger.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    If it is a FeelThere product, actually, it doesn't. I was surprised to find that many of the FT updates bringing their products from FS9 to FSX actually included native FSX models. I don't believe bump maps are supported in FS9 models, so if they are present as stated, that implies native FSX (hopefully one of the developers around here can corroborate or say otherwise on that).

It is, unfortunately, a case of waiting to see, when someone gets one and flies it!

Ian P.
    Bump mapping, self shadowing can only be produced with a pure FSX model, be carefull with images that show self shadowing, some of it can be skill full textures which fake the effect, like we used to do in FS9 etc, a good way to spot this is to look at all the images you can find and see if the shadows all fall the same way in every image, though the Vert stab is a dead give away, texture artists never texture that shadow onto anything so if you see vert stab shadows its 99% chance its a FSx model.

I believe the core developers are Aeroplane Heaven working for/with Feelthere and shipped through Wilco, irrespective of authenticity or RL variants, its certainly an interesting subject matter and the mesh looks very clean and crisp from the screen shots I've seen

Best

Michael

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    I'm just waiting on the performance report (FPS compared to default aircraft).
    Same here! looks cool though :ernae:

No official statement of course, but take it from me that the FSX version is native FSX model, not a FS9 port-over.

:ernae: Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    No official statement of course, but take it from me that the FSX version is native FSX model, not a FS9 port-over.

I 110% concur that the FSX one is native. Imairborne at the moment with lightbloom ticked and no white screen. Will post pic and fps report when complete with landing at MoCats Havanna. Also in fairness why isnt this also posted in the Fs9 thread?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

I remember Bazz saying this would be both FSX pure and FS9 pure.

:d

Just have someone who has it to check the FSX Model folder(s) and see if it has an interior and exterior model set. If 2, then its FSX.

Sure is a beautiful bird...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Just have someone who has it to check the FSX Model folder(s) and see if it has an interior and exterior model set. If 2, then its FSX.
    Bill
    It has ....:d

Just to clear any confusion:

Yes AH developed this for Wilco.
    A bit of a departure for us and I can assure you, also a bit of a challenge!

Rob B. did a fantastic job with the VTOL/VSTOL under harrowing circumstances due to lack of official info and guestimates needed everywhere.

Jerry likewise, trying to get the thing to do what it does when MS has no provision for this type of aeroplane. I am in awe of both guys.

It's FSX dedicated and FS9 dedicated. FS9 has a couple of patches coming to improve some issues which needed a workaround. FSX has so much more available for this sort of project but we've got the FS9 behaving pretty darned good now and rates are excellent on good machines.

It's a blast to fly and a real test of pilot skill.

On good machines (it needs a fairly high spec but then so does FSX) it performs with excellent frame rates, despite carrying a bucketload of detail and features. As usual, a lot is going to depend on one's settings and the state of the vid card and memory.

If you do get it, I can promise a bunch of fun.

bazzar the Fs9 version is missing the USCG paint and im haveing a series Frame issue in comparision to the FSX version. Looking forward to the Fs9 version patches. As to the FSX version im having a blast and fun with her. Thank You

Bazzar, I know I have been pretty hard on AH... especially on that P-38. If this is all it lives up to be in the videos, I applaud you guys. Work like this should be rewarded. People don't often stand up and say "good job thinking out of the box guys."

I will surely hand over a few dollars on principle alone for this product. Might be a little while though, Christmas is kicking my butt... Regardless, this looks to me like a must have bird.

:costumes: When I saw the video, first thing I wondered was whether you might have had something to do with the project.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Tilt has to be viewed as the real thing is viewed, prototype. it gets certification in 2010. A lot of the work has been based on trial and error, the real nightmares coming from the fact that MS FSX (and FS9 for that matter) does not cater for transitional flight profiles so we had to make it work ourselves. With Rob and Jerry, we have a really smooth result. This thing really will go anywhere ( room permitting!) a helicopter will go, land on a carrier, building roof and a moving ship and VSTOL into ridiculously small fields.

BTW the FS9 version does not include Coastguard or Gunship. The sim just won't cope with the extra detail and features they were built for the FSX helicopter/rig missions in mind, in FSX.

The real aircraft is only in prototype form for Executive and Multi-role forms so those are the ones we have done for FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_1007 View Post
    bazzar the Fs9 version is missing the USCG paint and im haveing a series Frame issue in comparision to the FSX version. Looking forward to the Fs9 version patches. As to the FSX version im having a blast and fun with her. Thank You
    Glad you're having fun, that's why she was built. The missions are worth doing once you have a level of confidence in the handling. She does bite if she's not treated right but I don't know of many aeroplanes that give the level of satisfaction this one does when you get it right.:costumes:

Members who have read this thread: 1