Wilco: Tilt Rotor (Bell Agusta 609) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilco: Tilt Rotor (Bell Agusta 609)

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    HeHe, I just back converted the CG paint to Fs9. Good ole DXTBmp. Now i have the best of both sims in the USCG Paint.:ernae:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Ummm...of course, you can always do that...:costumes:

If you back off the alpha (or blank it out) on those spinners they'll look a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    :costumes: When I saw the video, first thing I wondered was whether you might have had something to do with the project.
    Hi Dave,
    Question answered, I think :costumes:

:ernae: , Rob

Didn't quite escape.
    When I saw it flying backwards from the hover, my response was "Hmm... I seem to remember a gauge that does that."

I'm off to check my funds, I think...

Ian P.

Looks like a fine job there Baz
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I was just wondering if this should be a sticky?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

Bill
    Seems we are married at the brain today. I was just thinking the same thing.

Sticky please:friday::ernae:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Bill
    But it's not X-Plane :isadizzy:

Hmm i'm more and more tempted with the Agusta

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    But it's not X-Plane :isadizzy:

LOL.... :costumes:

I second the motion. This is a plane launch. I think it should be a sticky.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Didn't quite escape.
    There's one of these in X-Plane. It was one of the flight models I liked the least, which is a pity, because it's one of the reasons I most wanted to try X-Plane.

Ian P.

MCDesigns

Bill
    ah,...what the heck, it's Christmas after all, LOL :costumes:

gajit
    I have to say that there are so many good products coming up for sale in the next few weeks from the top producers that I would have to see some really great repaints of this one before purchasing.

The site says "frame rate friendly" and Baz says it should run well on a powerful machine. Before I buy, though, I'd like a little more specific performance report. For those of you who have already purchased: if you get "x" average FPS in FSX with the default C172, and you get "x-y" with the 609, what is your "y"? Also, is there a sigificant difference in FPS between the external model and the VC?

Any replies would be helpful (even though FSX is a funny animal and results will vary). Someone with a similar system to mine would be extra helpful. My specs are below:

nVidia nForce 680i SLI DDR2 800 motherboard
    CoolerMaster 700W Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
    SATA 300 500GB Hard Drive
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3
    2 Gigs of 1066MHz RAM
    Vista Home Premium 32bit

HP 22in widescreen monitor at 1680 X 1050
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    ... and Baz says it should run well on a powerful machine.
    Which in my mind means it NEEDS a powerful system to run it, so I guess I'll be waiting till I eventually upgrade till I can get it.

Thing is, some with low end specs actually get decent performance with the Aerosoft F-16, even with such HUGE MDLs, but I just don't feel like risking it (been there, done that).

See my pics, thats taken from my beta testing computer. A AMD 3500 with 2 gigs ram and a 512mb 8500nvidia with REX and FEX. I used Mocat scenery and Jim's. No problem for me avg 25 fluid frames.

Yes I am sorry it is such a lottery when it comes to FSX.

I have to say that I run a dualcore with 2gigs of ram and an 8 series nVidia card at home and I actually get better framerates on that than I do on a couple of our quadcores running 4 gigs. Go figure that...:mixedsmi:

To be honest, the Tilt has a lot of features and options necessary to make the most of VTOL and VSTOL, so it is definitely designed for the bigger rigs. FS9 seems to be behaving well though, especially with the patch components now installed(ready soon).

As a dev, believe me, once you have tasted what is actually achievable with the FSX exporter, it is damned hard to leave stuff out!

New Paint - Fictional, I did it for the sheer hack of it and to match my EC135 real paint for the same organisation...

It works OK and maybe there'll even be the odd "grunt" paint too. After I publish a review.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Great looking scheme Chris. She changes with every paint...

On another note, we are working on the next upgrade, which, apart from fixing a few glitches, will now attempt to replicate the "correct" startup with cross-linked rotors.

We knew this was the way in the real aircraft but as any dev will tell you, coding that up for a variable pitch hub, VTOL/VSTOL turboprop rotorcraft with conventional prop aircraft FD may take a little while!

Anyone who has ever wrestled with engine/prop code for FS will know what I mean... see you all a bit later:costumes:

Hopefully this thread is still being watched by someone. I just bought the bell 609, love it. However it is a frame rate killer for me. I found out by turning off the avionics, (ie the glass cockpit) however, boosts the FR by alot. Is there a way to shut off the center and co-pilot control screen and leave the main one on?

Definitely a bunch of fun. I realise that there is a lack of info about the cockpit, so I let all the speculative stuff ride when I reviewed this plane. In the meantime I am beta-ing nautical stuff and the military paint of the tiltywhatnot makes a GREAT carrier plane. Who needs hooks and arrestor wires, when you have one of these!

The VTOL / VSTOL is real fun - it is a simple plane to fly and I am pretty darn sure that the real world one is as well, despite the lack of info. I look at it this way: all self respecting flying machine makers are making their planes as easy as possible to fly these days. The computers do all the fancy stuff, the pilot just points - and in that, AH / Wilco have succeeded very well.

If you already have the Aerosoft Seahawk for FSX, you might care to try out the "shipyard" and plaster a few nautical landing spots around the world (frigates and things) AND there is a great moving frigate in Aerosoft's Helgoland too - landable!

FUN with a capital fun... er...
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

cobrakev

Tilt Rotor so good but...

I have had this since Febuary when it was version 1.1 I have been waiting for the 1.3 patch to fix several issues with it. Such as lighting. Well 1.3 cam out and I downloaded it and Whoa there is still a lighting problem. When you turn on the cockpit lights the whole back half of the aircraft turns on bright white. This is on the out side. I think this is ogus on the part of the developer that has made a patch for this product. Does nobody test these things any more or are we so hard up for cash that we are willing to just push crap out the door.Attachment 80493

Attachment 80494
    I am using DX10 mode B/C Fsx acualy runs better on my system. I know if I use DX9 this problem would be resoved howver DX10 has been out for somtime now aswell as SP2 for FSX. I think its time for developers to get on board with SP2 and all of its features. But maybee thats just me...:faint:
    Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate
    ASUS Rampage II Extream
    Core I7 965 EE @ 4 GHz AI Overclocked
    Corsair Dominator DDR3 6gb ram
    Corsair HX 1000 W
    EVGA GTX-295 in Single GPU mode
    CM Stacker 830 Full Tower
    WD 160Gb Hard drive (for OS)
    WD Velociraptor 300GB (for FSX)
    WD 1TB (For storage)
    I built this system for FSX...

SOH-CM-2014
    CBris,

That fictional paint scheme is a beauty!

Keep up the fine work Sir.

Bill

Does anyone happen to know what the effect file names are for the tiltrotor? I can tell he built them into the model but I am wonder which files they reference?

I dont care for the current ones & want to swich them out but even after perusing my entire effects folder can not find which ones. I wish he would of used a naming convention that makes it clear which effects are his
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Members who have read this thread: 1