Does CFS2 Load Entirely to Hard Disc or does CD ROM Disc2 Have to Stay in Drive?

Thread: Does CFS2 Load Entirely to Hard Disc or does CD ROM Disc2 Have to Stay in Drive?

Does CFS2 Load Entirely to Hard Disc or does CD ROM Disc2 Have to Stay in Drive?

Have CFS2 loaded, but it keeps asking for Disc 2 when each new fly is loaded. Is this normal? I would have expected game to load entirely to Hard Disc.

Just loaded CFS2 for the first time. Not sure how to approach this. Thinking of just re-loading: it's on a separate disc drive from C:. Any clues/Help anyone, please??

Disc 2 has to stay in your CD drive when you're running the sim. Over the years there have been some "no-CD" cracks available elsewhere on the internet but here at SOH we don't have them, nor do we recommend them or discuss their use.

Running CFS2 Without the CD:

Ok Thanks for the reply: sounds like any attempt togo down this path results in probelems, damage or is very impractical. Any comment on post above about movie/intro?

Well, none of that is true, just so you don't get the wrong ideas about destroying your game or something. The fact is that it is a violation of Microsoft's license agreement to mess with their code which a no CD crack does. We respect their rules and expect members to do the same. That includes discussions on the topic. Not allowed, but you should know why.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icutler: With an addon called Zoneaid, http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/utilitiestools.htm , you can turn off the opening video/intro. You can also add an autopilot to any aircraft that doesn't already have one and make AI flyable as well as other features.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Movie intro

Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    Any comment on post above about movie/intro?
    Icutler

If my memory donīt fails open your cfs2.CFG file with notepad (ALWAYS BACK UP FIRTS). This file is in your CFS2 root directory. Scroll down to LOADSIM= and change 1 to 0. Save and exit.

Discus

Discus, I'm not sure what that does, but it might not be good

To stop the movies

Open the CFS2.cfg file (in the root folder of the game) with Notepad
    1. Change 'ShowLogo=1' to 'ShowLogo=0' stops the intro movie

2. Change 'ShowMovie=1' to 'ShowMovie=0' stops the in campaign movies of the 2 stock campaigns

Close Notepad, answer yes when it asks if you want to save.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

OOPS!!

You are right CK.

My memory failed.

Discus