ETO:Random Magenta/Cyan patches on Terrain Floor: Fixes Please?

Thread: ETO:Random Magenta/Cyan patches on Terrain Floor: Fixes Please?

ETO:Random Magenta/Cyan patches on Terrain Floor: Fixes Please?

Large random coloured patches occuing on terrain in both ETO and 'clean' CFS3 copy.Noticed after recovery from corrupted era files and after Rev 1.4 and 1.4 Hotfix updates.

Anyone have clues on causes and fix,please?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    Large random coloured patches occuing on terrain in both ETO and 'clean' CFS3 copy.Noticed after recovery from corrupted era files and after Rev 1.4 and 1.4 Hotfix updates.

Anyone have clues on causes and fix,please?
    Sounds like your video card is stressed out. You can either reduce your graphics quality settings in cfsconfig.exe, or try some tweaks to get it running better on the current quality settings.
    There is enormous scope to tweak graphics settings - I am amazed how few people post threads about tweaking. Maybe its because most people are a lot better at it than me!

CFS3 agenta patches , Graphics etc

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Sounds like your video card is stressed out. You can either reduce your graphics quality settings in cfsconfig.exe, or try some tweaks to get it running better on the current quality settings.
    There is enormous scope to tweak graphics settings - I am amazed how few people post threads about tweaking. Maybe its because most people are a lot better at it than me!
    Hello Daiwilletti,

Thanks for reply, could well be: put Terrain detail down to 1 and improves it. Possibly solved; just a new, but too small on board Intet chipset/graphics.

Beaut. place over there: could easily live there..

Chees Ian

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    ... I've seen those as well... they kind of look like a ''photo-real'' bit of scenery gone awry...

on the subject of graphics tweaks, I've heard a program called rivatuner can inprove graphics speed by up to 20%,
    i was just wondering if anyone knew if this was true and whether its safe or not!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcz7 View Post
    on the subject of graphics tweaks, I've heard a program called rivatuner can inprove graphics speed by up to 20%,
    i was just wondering if anyone knew if this was true and whether its safe or not!
    Riva Tuner can be very good. It offers access to direct graphics card tweaks which cannot usually be accessed. If your card can handle overclocking, RivaTuner's sytem is easy to use.

I was using it recently on an 8800GT card - but the old Dell system was not supplying enough power to the card to support the overclocking. Hence once the card got hot I started to get visual problems.

I've turned off the overclocking aspect of RivaTuner and just use it for all the other tweaks (mips, AA, AF, etc).

D