Little known Moth family member released: DH-81 Swallow Moth

Thread: Little known Moth family member released: DH-81 Swallow Moth

Little known Moth family member released: DH-81 Swallow Moth

Hi there,

Julian Higgs has been spoiling us flightsimmers with a very pretty little Moth variant: the DH-81/A Swallow Moth. Just downloaded it from Avsim, but also available from BritSim.com.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Original Aircraft New! De Havilland DH-81/A Swallow Moth

Images related to this file:

File Description:
    The de Havilland DH.81 Swallow Moth was aimed at the low cost sporting aircraft market during the Great Depression. It was a single engined two seat low-wing monoplane; only one was built. There was separate tandem seating for two, initially open, but later enclosed with a one-piece hinged cabin top. With this enclosure the aircraft was called the DH.81A The Swallow Moth was first flown by Geoffrey de Havilland on 21 August 1931.Some alteration to the fin followed and the flight testing continued until February 1932. During this time the class B marking E-7 was allocated, but the Swallow Moth never made it to the civil register. Its design influenced later de Havilland aircraft, particularly the 1938 Moth Minor. Built using FSDS V3.0, Model is fully Animated and has Reflective textures. Not Tested in FSX

Filename:de_havilland_dh81_swallow_moth.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:12th June 2011Downloads:3Author:Julian HiggsSize:7950kb

Cheers,
    Maarten

Y'know, I don't believe I've ever heard of one of these. I like it! Downloading as I type. Thanks again Maarten for pointing out!:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Drzook View Post
    Y'know, I don't believe I've ever heard of one of these. I like it! Downloading as I type. Thanks again Maarten for pointing out!:ernae:
    Here is a link to an article on Wikipedia regarding the de Havilland Moth series. It has links to the various types:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Moth

Cheers,
    Maarten

Thanks for the heads-up.

From the screenshots, this seems to be an ancestor of the Chipmunk.

Sascha