Starting eto version 1.0 (only) problems, won't run

Thread: Starting eto version 1.0 (only) problems, won't run

Starting eto version 1.0 (only) problems, won't run

any one got any clues on starting after error 'cfs3 didn't shut sdown pproperly last time.

files appear to be all installed but just doesn't want to run.

Thanks folks!

ETO Starting Problems : Now Resolved : several Issues

Thanks all;

Hairyspin suggested checking program structure, file content and location (lots more complicated): found rogue dual Microsoft games folder, deleted. Read his install instructions: should be easier to find for new starters: invaluable thanks..

Pat_Pattles gave me 1. Run cfs config: match all game copies= ok
    2.Delete uisel.xml from Application Data file; DID the TRICK!
    Deleted friom ETO & CFS3 Clean, to be sure.
    3.Run program from cfs3.exe in main Folder

Found also possible compatabilty issues with multi CFS3 copies on different drives; removed a second clean copy that may have conflicted with the ETO associated copy in C Drive.

Thankyou very much to all concerned: Up and running quickly on a very hard road.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    Thanks all;

Hairyspin suggested checking program structure, file content and location (lots more complicated): found rogue dual Microsoft games folder, deleted. Read his install instructions: should be easier to find for new starters: invaluable thanks..

Pat_Pattles gave me 1. Run cfs config: match all game copies= ok
    2.Delete uisel.xml from Application Data file; DID the TRICK!
    Deleted friom ETO & CFS3 Clean, to be sure.
    3.Run program from cfs3.exe in main Folder

Found also possible compatabilty issues with multi CFS3 copies on different drives; removed a second clean copy that may have conflicted with the ETO associated copy in C Drive.

Thankyou very much to all concerned: Up and running quickly on a very hard road.
    Icutler, you must use the MultiCFS3.exe program I talked about in another thread. That WILL keep all of those installs separate.

It all boils down to what each install is copying to the Application Data folder.

Windows does NOT read each install as separate within the Application Data folder.

Go here: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

Follow the site pathway CFS3/Utilities/Multi Install/MultiCFS3 and click on the yellow dot to download the program.

Simply drop a copy into every install you have, except for your vanilla CFS3 install and ETO. ETO already has the program in its main game folder in Program Files.

If ETO is installed just copy MultiCFS3.exe from there into your other installs instead of getting it from the Martin Wright site.

When you clean out all of your installs, make sure you get everything, including the CFS3 and CFS3-related folders from both your Application Data and My Documents folders.

Remember, the MultiCFS3.exe must be IN each of the CFS3 and CFS3-based main game folders found in Program Files/Microsoft Games, except your vanilla CFS3 install and your ETO install. The vanilla CFS3 is your original, and ETO already has the program in it.

Make sure to install your CFS3 vanilla first, add the two updates, and then fly it once before installing any of the others.

Simply install each sim according to instructions, insert the MultiCFS3.exe to the installs' main game folder, and then run the program before starting the each sim.

One more thing. As you reinstall all of your installs, be mindful that icons will be placed on your desktop for each installation. I create a folder on my desktop for each of my installs, and place each set of icons into a folder named for each install.

I hope this helps.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Members who have read this thread: 0