Shiger Tanaka's Mustang droptanks

Thread: Shiger Tanaka's Mustang droptanks

Shiger Tanaka's Mustang droptanks

I just downloaded Shiger's Mustang Aces pack and can't get the drop tanks to release. In his readme it says to use the / key to release and reattach the tanks but I check the control assignments and assigned the / key to release all drop tanks but they won't release. I then tried my CH Throttle quad which has the 1 and 2 key assigned to releaseing 1 and 2 tanks but still won't work. Any ideas on how to get the drop tanks to release , and reattach?

The / key is the spoiler key by default. He may have tied the drop tanks to the spoiler key so by changing the assignment it will not work. Change it back to spoiler and see if it removes the tanks.

FYI those drop tanks are empty. He never put fuel in them in the Fuel section of the config file.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Do you know about Warwick Carter's freeware P-51D ver 2 for FS9 ? Mike

got em to drop

Well for some reason the / key still doesn't work ,I deleted the key assigment (/) I had for droptanks and made sure the default key again(/) was there but they still won't drop, so I hooked up my CH Throttle Quad and the button I have assigned to spoilers/airbrakes worked every time. Go figure. Thanks for your input , without you telling me about the spoiler key , I'd never had got it working.

Oh ya forgot

I got the Mustang from SOH also, don't know if that the Warwick Carter Mustang or not ,but that makes 4 and thats enough Stangs for me. Thanks for telling me about it though.

One last time

Forgot on last thing ,for some reason the pics of the girls when you retract the gear dissapeared , they were there the first time I flew it but are gone now. Dang they were hotties too, oh well this I can live without.

Icon5 This is what happend when you get old

OK I lied the pics, are there in VC ,I didn't go out far enough on the VC panel to see them, This is my last post on this I think.

Are you sure?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Gotta chime in here ... If you want a high-quality P-51D and freeware for FS2004, forget about the version you have mentioned, no dis-respect to the Japanese developer, Warwick Carter's is the best ... get it at Flightsim ...

Name: p51dver2.zip Size: 13,757,899 Date: 01-04-2007 Downloads: 9,769
    FS2004 Civilian P-51D. A civilian North American P51D Mustang powered by Packard Merlin V-1650-7. Features external model updates, photoreal textures, full working VC with 3D modeled guages, special effects and unique sounds. New to this version are textured all small parts visable in VC for better FSX compatibility, night textures now stay reflective at night, new gauge/needle mappings and parts so night lighting much improved, fixed the corruption in VC parts due to 4mm weld in makemdl, supercharger gauge added, updated .air file and aircraft.cfg, switching the pilot's hat off now switchs to leather flying cap, added a supercharger high blower setting light and a supercharger switch to VC, added mode polys to rudder and prop boss, tailwheel now turns, prop pitch on still blades has much more pitch when moved with pitch lever, sundry texture fixes and hole filling.

[ New Search | Exit Files List ]

Mike :salute:

And the textures that Garry Smith did for version one work on version two with just a little work. V2 has more textures, so ither paste a V2 livery into a V1 package without overwriting, or paste a V1 texture pack into a V2 pack with overwriting.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

thanks but I'am pleased with the way things are

I'am pleased with the way things are ,I downloaded the Warwick Carter Mustangs too but didn't even try the update. I want to keep things simple as I can, and am not even a big Mustang fan (hence my name). all the Mustangs I have are just fine the way they are, really liked the Shiger Stangs better than the Warwick one's ,but I'll keep them all.
    I always liked the Malcom Hood Stang and I got them from SOH.
    So anyway I do thank you so much for the info( or as the Brits say ,the gen) but I'am keeping things the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    or as the Brits say ,the gen
    you're learning, can also be used in cases such as " i'm gen-ing up on the Hurricane" meaning studying it, or in general "gen-ing up" just for reading/study

the wozza-stang is great fun, and i never knew about the Shiger Tanaka ones so i'll have to go look at them, this is why i love this community... we are always a team, one person mentions it and seventy others go take a look, them 70 will find something new and another 70 will go to download and find something... how do we manage to get flight time in sim again?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    how do we manage to get flight time in sim again?
    What is this "flight time" to which you refer, and where can I get some!?:isadizzy:
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

thats exactly what i think Tom, only time i manage to get in sim is to test a repaint then it's just take-off get to about 5000' AGL pause, pan camera, take shots and close...

Members who have read this thread: 0