Where to Find the Start of CFS3/ETO Expansion: Dont worry too much folks?

Thread: Where to Find the Start of CFS3/ETO Expansion: Dont worry too much folks?

Where to Find the Start of CFS3/ETO Expansion: Dont worry too much folks?

Think I might've answered the question; got a starting point with a screen print off: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/cfs...-eto-expansion by Pat Pattles on 4/7/2009.

Also the link to ETO/Sim-Outhouse>3rd party Downloads>Downloads

Just had to use it.

Interested in any more info, leads etc.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    :d
    Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    Think I might've answered the question; got a starting point with a screen print off: www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/cfs-i-ii-iii/cfs3-eto-expansion by Pat Pattles on 4/7/2009.

Also the link to ETO/Sim-Outhouse>3rd party Downloads>Downloads

Just had to use it.

Interested in any more info, leads etc.
    Icutler,

Go here for the downloads. They're big ones:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-sim-outhouse/

Please do not click on the link here. Just copy and paste it into the address bar of your internet browser.

You will need the following files.

CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.20
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.40 Install Pack
    CFS3 ETO Exp Cumulative Update 1/40 Hotfix Install Pack

Note: There is no 1.30 or 1.31. They were included in the 1.40 package, and were thus deleted from the site, as 1.40 rendered them obsolete.

The rest of the items there for ETO are optional, but worth the effort.

Take your time and follow all instructions.

This is also a must: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...llation-guide/

First of all, you need a copy of stock, vanilla (completely updated (3.1 and 3.1a CFS3 updates, found here: http://www.microsoft.com/Games/combatfs3/), and otherwise unmodified) installed normally.

If you are a Vista or Windows 7 user, some modifications will have to be made, but they are fairly simple. See the ETO Installation Guide.

ETO 1.0 is installed first, then ETO 1.20, Then ETO 1.40. The 1.40 Hotfix is last.

If you need any help, please come back here, or the ETO/PTO Forum at Aussiex.

We have a presentation site here, too: http://www.ww2aircombat.com/ Will give you an idea of what all is included.

Good luck and have fun.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

ETO 1.0 + Install Start Problems : "CFS3 din't shut down properly last time .."?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly50 View Post
    :d

Icutler,

Go here for the downloads. They're big ones:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-sim-outhouse/

Please do not click on the link here. Just copy and paste it into the address bar of your internet browser.

You will need the following files.

CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.20
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.40 Install Pack
    CFS3 ETO Exp Cumulative Update 1/40 Hotfix Install Pack

Note: There is no 1.30 or 1.31. They were included in the 1.40 package, and were thus deleted from the site, as 1.40 rendered them obsolete.

The rest of the items there for ETO are optional, but worth the effort.

Take your time and follow all instructions.

This is also a must: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...llation-guide/

First of all, you need a copy of stock, vanilla (completely updated (3.1 and 3.1a CFS3 updates, found here: http://www.microsoft.com/Games/combatfs3/), and otherwise unmodified) installed normally.

If you are a Vista or Windows 7 user, some modifications will have to be made, but they are fairly simple. See the ETO Installation Guide.

ETO 1.0 is installed first, then ETO 1.20, Then ETO 1.40. The 1.40 Hotfix is last.

If you need any help, please come back here, or the ETO/PTO Forum at Aussiex.

We have a presentation site here, too: http://www.ww2aircombat.com/ Will give you an idea of what all is included.

Good luck and have fun.

Many thanks for reply.

Now have starting problems: got just the ETO 1.0 version running as test, and started about 6 times, and then (as now) would not go past the movie without hanging up.

Uninstalled then reinstalled about 3 times. Now is all there, but simply cant get it to run properly. Considerd reloading the zip file; but bit of a waste and I don't think its the problem. But will re-load if needed.

Am running Advanced Care and Gamebooster on XP. Swithching these off doesnt fix it.

Has both Expansion and clean CFS3 game folders installed. Any clues to starting it, please? The trouble started soon after spawn selection, where previously they weren't selected.

How to start it? Thanks.

Run CFS3CONFIG.EXE - it's in your ETO directory. Make sure the screen resolution is the one you want. Use File/Exit when you're finished - if you just click on the red X button any changes are lost.

Then try starting ETO again.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

ETO Hangs up after movie

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Run CFS3CONFIG.EXE - it's in your ETO directory. Make sure the screen resolution is the one you want. Use File/Exit when you're finished - if you just click on the red X button any changes are lost.

Then try starting ETO again.
    Thanks, If you mean the 'standard' cfs3config file in eto, I just clicked on that and checked resolution ok. Could not get red boxes or run anything.

Other clean copy of cfs3 wont load mission files from decktop icon start. Have several cfs3 versions in diffent drives on machine: think its something to do with desktop shortcuts: keep getting "cfs3 didnt shut down properly....", etc each time. Clues please?

With eto start from eto shortcut it just stops, same message. (Initially it ran about 6 times: now no joy)

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Icutler. STOP!

If you have all these installs without having used Martin Wright's MultiCFS3.exe to change the names with regards to you Application Data folder, you are going to have problems.

Each install should have its own folder in Application Data. Each Application Data folder there should have a different name than the rest.

To find Application Data folder, open a browser window on your computer. Look at the top for Tools, then select Folder Options from the menu. Then click the View tab. Look down list for Hidden Files and Folders. Check Show higgen files and folders.

While you're at it, look a little further down the list and UN-check Hide extensions for known file types.

The location of your Application Data folder is here:

in Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\Application Data\Microsoft.

in Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. I think (LOL). I don't have Vista or Win 7, and I can't find my notes atm.

If those CFS3 folder names were never changed, try using the MultiCFS3.exe.

If that doesn't work, you may have to clean it all out and start over.
    Hope this helps.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    ''...did not shut, etc'' ...always say ''no'' and CFS3 will continue to load.

ETO stops

Icutler. STOP!

If you have all these installs without having used Martin Wright's MultiCFS3.exe to change the names with regards to you Application Data folder, you are going to have problems.

Each install should have its own folder in Application Data. Each Application Data folder there should have a different name than the rest.

To find Application Data folder, open a browser window on your computer. Look at the top for Tools, then select Folder Options from the menu. Then click the View tab. Look down list for Hidden Files and Folders. Check Show higgen files and folders.

While you're at it, look a little further down the list and UN-check Hide extensions for known file types.

in Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\Application Data\Microsoft.

in Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. I think (LOL). I don't have Vista or Win 7, and I can't find my notes atm.

Brilliant will check all this now. Just ckd program trouble shooter with a run;got: error report program files\microsoft games\ cfs3 eto expansion\config overridesdw.xml
    Thanks

ETO Install/Star Problems

Icutler. STOP!

Found Application Data OK. Names are different = ok. BUT: the contiane data is the same for both ETO/CFS3 folders (eg: config override version numbers the same) Is this RIGHT? Or can you just have empty (with right names?).

Did find a screwy second Microsoft Games folder, so ditched it. I was also running a second vanilla CFS3 on a separate drive but ditched it, to be sure.

It wouldn't /load mission files either, so there's definitely something with comptabilty/ recognisingn both ETO and CFS3 as the same thing, therefore no go. I have two other CFS3 copiesm with FPower on another drive both starting fine (they don't have individual Application Data Files![must rely on CFS3 one]

Will keep fishing . Your notes AOK.
    Last resort = reload; would you think I'd need to reload the 1.5 Gig zip file?
    Cheers ian

Members who have read this thread: 3