Simshed FSX Grob115E Tutor FREEWARE!

Thread: Simshed FSX Grob115E Tutor FREEWARE!

Simshed FSX Grob115E Tutor FREEWARE!

<TABLE border=0 width="62%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD>Grob Tutor</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%" align=left>The Grob 115E, known by the RAF as the Tutor, is used for Elementary Flying Training by the 14 University Air Squadrons and 12 Air Experience Flights throughout the UK. It is also used by the Central Flying School and for elementary WSO training at the RAF College Cranwell.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Attachment 37696Attachment 37694
    Attachment 37695

Even I missed this release and I do a bit work for the 'shed', this was once going to be payware (unless I am mistaken) a year or two ago, but now it's FREE!

Get it here....
    http://www.simshed.co.uk/tutor-fsx.html

Here is a screenshot from my FSX 'home' RAF Woodvale which just happens to be home to UAS operating this type! It's a nice little model, but I think there might be a texture missing under the stbd wing! Sorry, I did not beta test this little gem, I am sure if it is missing, Brian will be along soon to fix it.

It's only a 15 meg DL with a .exe installer.
    Attachment 37699

SOH-CM-2023
    I agree that its a very nice model, have not noticed the texture problem - will take another look, but, I cannot get it to perform to the published figures by RAF or Grob, nor can I get less than 2000 RPM....makes landing difficult! Anyone else have the same problem. I d/led from BritSim.
    Keith

Keith,

I have tuned the performance a bit as it was underpowered and I'll take a look at the wing, can you put up a shot of what your seeing.

Brian

Hi Brian, here is the wing. The closer I look, I am now thinking it might just be 'plain' plastic or GRP (or whatever they are made of....no panel lines?), apart from the reg. the other wing looks the same.

Attachment 37702

Whoops, I have been away and wondered why it was not a sticky. I check back a couple of pages and saw nothing! You really have to 'live' here to keep up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Hi Brian, here is the wing. The closer I look, I am now thinking it might just be 'plain' plastic or GRP (or whatever they are made of....no panel lines?), apart from the reg. the other wing looks the same.

Attachment 37702

Whoops, I have been away and wondered why it was not a sticky. I check back a couple of pages and saw nothing! You really have to 'live' here to keep up to speed.
    Actually the area aft of the engine cowling looks more like it isn't textured than the wing.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Yes I get the same - an area behind the engine coloured etch prime, so I won't repeat the screenshot. I also assume that there are no markings on the Stbd underside.

I think a bit more than increasing power is needed Brian - it wont rotate until it gets to 80 Kts - surely not quite right, also as said minimum rpm problem also. Maybe not quite as same as a Zlin? Sorry about that as it really is a nice piece of modelling.....
    Am using FSX with recent addition of Acceleration expansion pack.
    Keith

Here is a screenshot from my FSX 'home' RAF Woodvale which just happens to be home to UAS operating this type! It's a nice little model, but I think there might be a texture missing under the stbd wing! Sorry, I did not beta test this little gem, I am sure if it is missing, Brian will be along soon to fix it.

Attachment 37699
    Eee by gum, used to fly the Chipmunks there when I were a lad int Air Cadets !!!

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    Eee by gum, used to fly the Chipmunks there when I were a lad int Air Cadets !!!
    You were lucky, int mah day they glued feathers to wir arms and we hud tae flap like crazy tae git airborn.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Keith,

I'm not seeing the kind of performance that you're reporting.

here's some screenies

Attachment 37739 Attachment 37740
    ground idle and rotation (external view)

Attachment 37741 Attachment 37742
    rotation (internal) and flight idle

Attachment 37743 Attachment 37746
    flat-out at 2000ft and a very slow fly past

And finally

Attachment 37748
    Touch down at 60 kts

The textures have been repaired and the installer file re-uploaded to simshed, wrong texture file was included in the original

Brian

Thanks Brian:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2023
    Brian, thanks for going to the trouble of producing screenshots of performance. I will try again using SP2 instead of my new addition of acceleration to see if thats the problem & will keep you posted. Might be better if I re d/l from your site to get the latest texture files.
    Keith

Thanks Brian, I see there have been about 100 extra D/L's since yesterday, so I guess it was worth putting up here, even if it was a re-post! No need for any more work on this, I'd hate for you to not have enough time for the next 'big one'!:salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Brian, Have re-d/l ed from your site & reloaded still using Acceleration I now agree that rotate & landing easier at similar speeds to your shots. I have taken screenshots at Flat out & 75% throttle on the dial also underside exterior - it now has 4 black circles & a 'mucky' panel behind the engine. Note that Flat out it will give 3000 RPM, but speeds are nowhere near yours for some reason, also if tickover on ground goes below 500 RPM the engine quits.
    Regards
    Keith

Great new addition! Only thing I've noticed externally is that the last 2 of the serial on the tail is different to the main on! Hope they'll be a repaint for the display a/c soon?
    Dave

Attachment 37699
    Where did you get your Woodvale Trev?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Awesome, Ive flown of of these!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Good observation Merlin, we'd all missed that. Just changed it in the download pack

Thanks

Brian

Excuse my ignorance. Are the UKMIL and SIMSHED versions of the GROB two different models?

Members who have read this thread: 0