Dimona X Released

Thread: Dimona X Released

Charter Member 2011
    aye it does look nice, to bad i'm skint
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I'll be getting this but sure hope some N numbers are done for it soon.

Sorry this didn't get a stickie earlier...it has now
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I really like motor gliders and may well get this.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Looks neat, but... too slow lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Charter Member 2012
    Really nicely done, tiny airplane. Good down to 40 kts; easy to drop into tiny grass strips, has a nice glider type speed brake to help. A perfect option for slow tooling around PNW. Haven't tried gliding in it yet, but the effects associated with starting and stopping the motor in flight are pretty cool.

Blog Entries
    How does this compare with the new Katana? Is the quality anywhere near as good? I'm a bit worried that I might end up disapointed if I buy it after the excellent Katana!

Ian.

I just got the greenlight to make a video of this.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    How does this compare with the new Katana? Is the quality anywhere near as good? I'm a bit worried that I might end up disapointed if I buy it after the excellent Katana!

Ian.
    I think Joachim gives a decent comparison of our the design philospies here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...raises-thread/

The Katana focuses on a marvelous visual experience with a solid flight model, while we focused on a solid visual model with the best possible flight experience. To implement latter, and more complex portions of the flight model I created a test flight that Joachim performed in a real Dimona. This was recorded with a forward facing camera that was used to perform an empirical analysis of the aircraft's static and dynamic stability and control response. After that was used to create a base, we tuned and tuned and tuned until he could fly the Dimona in real life and in the sim on the same day and be happy with the comparison.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I think Joachim gives a decent comparison of our the design philospies here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...raises-thread/

The Katana focuses on a marvelous visual experience with a solid flight model, while we focused on a solid visual model with the best possible flight experience. To implement latter, and more complex portions of the flight model I created a test flight that Joachim performed in a real Dimona. This was recorded with a forward facing camera that was used to perform an empirical analysis of the aircraft's static and dynamic stability and control response. After that was used to create a base, we tuned and tuned and tuned until he could fly the Dimona in real life and in the sim on the same day and be happy with the comparison.
    Thanks John,
    it looks like I may have to get this as well. My Credit card is taking a real hammering latly!
    Cody, I'm looking forward to the video.

Regards,
    Ian.

I actually find the flight dynamics of this bird to be quite wonderful, and I spoke with Joachim about it. You also get the ability to be a glider and motorized plane when you wish. All around a very interesting aircraft with a damn hot flight model in my opinion. Joachim's gliders are another example of an excellent flight model.

Thanks IanHenry!

It is a very wonderful little plane, it is nice to shut of the engine and just glide for awhile. The Motored Discus had this feature too but it was quite difficult to taxi on the ground Like others have said, don't expect to go anywhere fast. Climb is around 43kts and powered cruise around 60-65.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is definitely a keeper! It should be said, that despite the fact that the Katana is at least 20 knots faster, I am having much greater enjoyment with this than the Katana, and this is not because of tech. issues. If you are on the fence about this aircraft, go for it! The best feature, is that in cruise, the nose angle is very low, perhaps even below 0 degrees, so you get an incredible view of the scenery. :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/