For Mothers' Day

Thread: For Mothers' Day

For Mothers' Day

Moms are truly special~

In honor of Mothers' Day, please share some of the best motherly advice given to you by your Mom.
    Feel free to also share some funny anectdotes or stories!

One thing my Mom used to tell me was: "Don't make that face or it will stay that way!"
    Whew! I'm glad she was wrong on that one, because I used to make funny faces a lot, especially when teasing my sister....

Icon5 Happy Mothers Day to all Mommys

Happy Mothers Day to my Mom Eli. She is one of the best Mom I have ever known. From Hannah. And to all Mothers and all Mothers to little furry friends too. And all fathers that also stand as a Mother and Father you know what I mean this day is for all of you too.
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happiness Consultant
    [QUOTE=Cloud9Gal;582664]Moms are truly special~

In honor of Mothers' Day, please share some of the best motherly advice given to you by your Mom. ...[/QUOTE]

My mother always told me to make sure my underwear was clean, for that 'occasional', 'just in case', accident that I never seemed to get into!

So I resolved the issue by deciding to go regimental for most of my adult life. That'll teach her!

---

Happy Mums Day to all you Mummies! Special Blessings to ya C9G!
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

My Mom told me not to swallow chewing gum because it would form a big ball in my stomach. On the serious side, she told me to always be nice to people and not be a bully, but to stand my ground and not back down if somebody tried to bully me or my friends. Not exactly "turn the other cheek" but I taught my kids the same thing.

Reply...

So I resolved the issue by deciding to go regimental for most of my adult life. That'll teach her!
    Snuffy,

'round these parts, we call that "going commando."

Anyhoo...my mom's advice was never give up on a dollar and a dream. If you do, you're just shortchanging yourself.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Charter Member 2015
    [QUOTE=Snuffy;582699]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    Moms are truly special~

In honor of Mothers' Day, please share some of the best motherly advice given to you by your Mom. ...[/QUOTE]

My mother always told me to make sure my underwear was clean, for that 'occasional', 'just in case', accident that I never seemed to get into!

---

Happy Mums Day to all you Mummies! Special Blessings to ya C9G!
    Funny,my Mother used to say the same thing. I'd just tell her what's the point...chances are if you are in a bad accident your gonna s**t yourself anyhow!

We had our Mother's Day in March on this side of the Pond,so Happy Mother's Day to all the Mammy's over there!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I kind of grew up with two "mothers", my grand parents moved in when I has just a baby, after my father passed away. My mother worked full time to pay the bills and they helped out so she could keep the house, "Nanny Lee" as everyone called her was as much like a mom as my mother - I was a lucky little bugger IMHO Nanny Lee always gave the same advise, make sure you have on clean underwear... I never resorted to going comando, but I might have to try that...lol Mum, she was the practical one her advice to me was always "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right" and I have always tried to do just that.

She also had a saying I really liked, which has helped me many times - "As you ramble on through life whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole" - God love Mum's they are special!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

OK ..................

Happy Mothers day all you mothers !!
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida