This plane deserves a new model...

Thread: This plane deserves a new model...

This plane deserves a new model...

It had an unusual history and was a fantastic performer. Complete details here:

http://www.hobbybokhandeln.se/j22/index.htm

An image here:

Attachment 37225

looks like the illegitimate lovechild of a FW190A and a P36

I concur with Ian. And the undercarriage looked like it belonged to a Wildcat.

Ha ha!....Pepe,

These 'Weird and Wonderful' aircraft are getting to you, a holiday needed maybe?

Cheers

Shessi

Looks like an interesting study. This plane's specs reads like what the P-40B through E might have been with a little more agility and speed, because they both shared the same weakness -- low performance at altitudes above 15,000 ft. But even with that, it was still formidable, since most WW2 dogfighting seemed to occur below 15,000 ft and apparently that was enough for the air force a neutral country. But it would have been a terrible defender had Germany violated Swedish neutrality and adopted a stronger position on strategic high altitude bombing.

One strange note that i found was that accounts from the pilots who flew it suggest a common confidence against the P-51B through D (an allied plane), but also a common fear of the Fw-190A, which the Mustangs dined on regularly. Looks like they bought the Nazi's hype, without conferring with the Western Allies. The specs suggests that in a turning fight with a capable pilot at the controls, this plane would have been a handful for any 190 jock.

Hey, Pepe, what's the deal with that left intake...is it below the wing root or correctly in the leading edge? The angle of your shot seems to place it below the wing.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Hey, Pepe, what's the deal with that left intake...is it below the wing root or correctly in the leading edge? The angle of your shot seems to place it below the wing.

BC

May be that is what Pepe talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus View Post

BC

May be that is what Pepe talks about.
    It had two for the blower...

SOH-CM-2024

Icon5 Two More Forgotten Swedes

Mr. Pepe ,
    I do have a Saab J22 , that I downloaded a long time ago --- I think that it is for Fs2000 , needs a good going over to make it really useable .
    Would you like me to forward it to you ?

Two other forgotten aircraft are the Saab B-17 and the Saab B-18(looks like a Dornier without Steroids) . They have been modeled in Fs98 but never anything else that I can find !!!

Let me know if you want me to forward the Saab J-22.

Regards and Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by 1150 View Post
    Mr. Pepe ,
    I do have a Saab J22 , that I downloaded a long time ago --- I think that it is for Fs2000 , needs a good going over to make it really useable .
    Would you like me to forward it to you ?

Two other forgotten aircraft are the Saab B-17 and the Saab B-18(looks like a Dornier without Steroids) . They have been modeled in Fs98 but never anything else that I can find !!!

Let me know if you want me to forward the Saab J-22.

Regards and Best Wishes
    It's the same model and is ready. I look to contact Mr Bertil Nilsson without success...

SOH-CM-2024

Lightbulb J-22

Looks Fabulous , Mr Pepe -- it looks like it would be a pleasure to fly !!!

I wish you success in locating the designer .

Maybe ,you could post it -- giving him full credit for the original design ?

Regards & Best Wishes

I would love to fly this plane...

Sorry for the poor three view... I'm not a good designer.

Attachment 37747