Osama Bin Ladin Killed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Osama Bin Ladin Killed

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    President Obama got it done - made bin laden priority one, located the SOB, signed off on the operation personally and the best special forces team in the World took care of it without a casualty. Salute to them all.

seems Mr. Obama did have more important things to work on than 'proving he is an American' by showing the tea baggers his birth certificate...Four More Years:salute:
    hey heywooood, take it to the outhouse.....

we'd be glad to discuss further there.
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

My hat is off to the Navy Seals and I thank them. There's still some more murdering thugs out there and may they all share the same fate as Bin Laden.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Happiness Consultant
    Okay! Good News! Good riddance to bad trash.

Now lets get the boys n girls outta that other sh*thole since there's no longer any reason for them to be there, shut down that chapter of the wars going on in this world and start saving money since we won't have to be funding military operations in that place.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

It is great news & long overdue. Hopefully this will bring some sense of closure to the families & victims of Al Qaeda including those attacked before & after 9/11 worldwide.

But, as Wombat666 and others have rightfully pointed out, this isn't over by a long shot. There's still the likes of Ayman al-Zawahiri still on the loose and he's considered a more dangerous figurehead than Bin Laden was in terms of organizational matters/planning. There are many more within the ranks who are equally if not more capable than Bin Laden was or Zawahiri. Bin Laden has many sons in line of succession but the biggest thing now is, they have the biggest Martyr in history & thus plenty of new fuel to recruit with.

There will be no bringing the troops home now. It's just beginning a new phase that will stretch out for decades to come outliving many of us here.

Counter-Terrorism is a business that requires the utmost honing & maintaining of skill. intelligence, patience/perseverance. It's a job that never ends because there's always going to be a new & bolder threat laying in wait around the corner.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Quote Originally Posted by idancesafetydance View Post
    I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I've concluded that this probably won't change a thing. Everybodies logic at the moment is: "Osama Bin Laden, the ONLY terrorist on the planet is dead!" I fear this won't change a thing. Terrorism will continue, and who knows, maybe another nut-job will take his place. But who am I to spoil the fun?
    Who is "everybody"? Anyone with half a brain knows this doesn't mean terrorists everywhere are going to retire. We still had a duty and a right to go get this bastard. Justice had to be served, both literally and figuratively.

President Obama got it done - made bin laden priority one, located the SOB, signed off on the operation personally and the best special forces team in the World took care of it without a casualty. Salute to them all.

seems Mr. Obama did have more important things to work on than 'proving he is an American' by showing the tea baggers his birth certificate...Four More Years:salute:
    Oh Lord... I'm hearing so much of this "Obama got him!" crap it's not even funny. Obama didn't get him, Seal Team 6 did. Actionable intelligence isn't generated by the President, even if he gets to sign off on the op. Who got him is the intelligence and military community, and it was a job well done.

And that isn't political for me to point out, it's just the truth...

I do give credit to Obama (and I'm no fan of his) for shifting and realigning resources to the OEF theater and away from OIF. That is something he DID do and my respect meter for him went up a notch for that when he did it.

Regardless of that I do salute Obama for what he did do, and this is definitely time for Americans to celebrate. But I will stop short of proclaiming that Obama "did it".

Hopefully a very clear message to everybody!

Although I regard the message quite simple.

Keep politics out!

This is the final warning the next who will try to start a discussion about American politics here will feel how it is to get banned by a European who doesn't really care about US politics, but want to keep this place nice and gentle!

And don't come wining you have not been warned!

Huub

Pakistani officials upon entering the compound discovered many destroyed computers, all with their hard drives missing.
    Looks like we got them?
    I truly hope and pray the name of every Al Qaeda operative and terror cell location on this planet was on those hard drives...

Happiness Consultant
    Well it seems the nay sayers have started their spiel.

http://www.euronews.net/2011/05/02/d...oto-is-a-fake/
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Well it seems the nay sayers have started their spiel.

http://www.euronews.net/2011/05/02/d...oto-is-a-fake/
    Actually, there's only a claim that single photo was faked, not that OBL's death was faked. It's inevitable that someone was going to try to cash in by selling a supposed photo of his death to the gullible media...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Actually, there's only a claim that single photo was faked, not that OBL's death was faked. It's inevitable that someone was going to try to cash in by selling a supposed photo of his death to the gullible media...
    And if you were really astute, you would have seen that the link I posted, only claims the photo is faked. Nothing negative about his death.

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    And if you were really astute, you would have seen that the link I posted, only claims the photo is faked. Nothing negative about his death.

It was the your use of the term "nay sayers" in connection with the article, and not the link's text that prompted my reply.

I was astute enough to spot that...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

pinned to the mat. "naysayers" lol

the real audio and video will be released soon, be sure.

President Obama took out the garbage in 'real time' so as evidence we will see and hear the same audio / video taken by the SEAL / CIA / ARMY team on the ground and during ingress / egress eventually...this is the digital age after all.

as to the term "tea baggers" - do the members not staple tea bags to their hats???
    I'm certain I can find a thousand pictures of tea party folks with those bags all around their faces dangling from their hats...yes?...what do YOU mean by it?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

[QUOTE=Crusader;580642

PS: This has made my day ! I just can't imagine what is going through the minds of the families of 9/11 . My hearts and prayers go out to all of them .[/QUOTE]

I watched as my late husband suffered for over a year becuase of the 9/11 attack.December 30,2002 he passed away because of his injuries/He had headaches and breathing problems for the rest of his life. Talon has been going through the same thing since the attack.

I have no compassion for Bin Ladin or any of his followers. As a matter of fact I think he got off to easy. He should have been made to suffer like so many of his victims. A bullet to the head was just to quick.

You may think I'm Heartless but I have reminders everyday of what Bin Laden and his followers did. If ever you get to talk to Talon ask him what he saw at Ground Zero and what he had to do.That's if he'll even discuss it. I still don't have his whole story about it.

Hiede

President Obama took out the garbage in 'real time' ...

as to the term "tea baggers" - do the members not staple tea bags to their hats???
    I'm certain I can find a thousand pictures of tea party folks with those bags all around their faces dangling from their hats...yes?...what do YOU mean by it?
    WATCH YOUR STEP heywooood.

Quote Originally Posted by traindriver98 View Post
    WATCH YOUR STEP heywooood.
    The only threats against members in these forums are from SOH staff/admins and those threats, if made, are banning or thread closure. No other threats will be tolerated! This thread is now closed.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine