Osama Bin Ladin Killed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Ladin Killed

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I've concluded that this probably won't change a thing. Everybodies logic at the moment is: "Osama Bin Laden, the ONLY terrorist on the planet is dead!" I fear this won't change a thing. Terrorism will continue, and who knows, maybe another nut-job will take his place. But who am I to spoil the fun?

Time to party.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    CNN reports Navy Seals involved in the Opps
    !
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

:ernae::ernae::ernae: and to all involved :salute:

I guess we know what one of the next misson for SOCOM: US Navy Seals will be.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

A certain degree of "closure", I guess.

But as a wise person once said:

"it's the devil you don't know" who should worry you the most.

Bill

President Obama got it done - made bin laden priority one, located the SOB, signed off on the operation personally and the best special forces team in the World took care of it without a casualty. Salute to them all.

seems Mr. Obama did have more important things to work on than 'proving he is an American' by showing the tea baggers his birth certificate...Four More Years:salute:

I think this is the best news we've had in over a decade...would have been better had that miserable bin laden rat never been born - but targeting him and killing him is welcome news.

God Bless the victims of 9/11 and the United States Armed Forces
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    A certain degree of "closure", I guess.

But as a wise person once said:

"it's the devil you don't know" who should worry you the most.

Bill
    Bill, good points. I felt Tom Brokaw said it well tonight when he stated something to the point of, based on the history of the region, you simply don't know now what will happen in the middle-east, especially Pakistan, following Bin Laden's death, and for that reason it will be especially important over the coming days and weeks as to what develops from this.

Right now though, I think it is great to recognize this final solution to the mission of taking Osama Bin Laden out, which has been going on since the 90's, and I hope it goes down as a good historical moment not just for the U.S., but for the world over.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    President Obama got it done - made bin laden priority one, located the SOB, signed off on the operation personally and the best special forces team in the World took care of it without a casualty. Salute to them all.

seems Mr. Obama did have more important things to work on than 'proving he is an American' by showing the tea baggers his birth certificate...Four More Years:salute:

I think this is the best news we've had in over a decade...would have been better had that miserable bin laden rat never been born - but targeting him and killing him is welcome news.

God Bless the victims of 9/11 and the United States Armed Forces

And those loss of more of my freedoms, money in my check to pay for programs, and higher gas prices.....YES!!!!!! A win win for all of us...thank god for Mr. Obama!!!!

Preemptive strike warning!

LET'S NOT GET POLITICAL!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post

LET'S NOT GET POLITICAL!

OBIO
    Thank-You. It is the ones on the ground who deserve all the credit.:salute:

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    :salute::salute::salute::ernae::ernae::ernae:
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post

LET'S NOT GET POLITICAL!

OBIO
    And while we're not being political, can we also keep the derogatory political party affiliation slurs to ourselves as well....Heywooood....

That particular term for members of the Tea Party I find to be vulgar, at best.....

Charter Member 2011

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    And those loss of more of my freedoms, money in my check to pay for programs, and higher gas prices.....YES!!!!!! A win win for all of us...thank god for Mr. Obama!!!!
    And just to emphasise Tim's post ................ Second Warning.

NO POLITICS!

And perhaps I need to remind people that Osama Bin Laden has been virtually on the run for many years, the organisation he founded is like the mythical Hydra, it has many heads and Bin Laden was only one.

I applaud the men and women who planned and carried out this operation, I hope the families of people around the World who lost relatives and friends in the WTC atrocity find closure and I heartily applaud the content of the President's statement.
    However, as Robert Fisk commented, expect a new and increased wave of terrorism by those who would seize upon the death of Bin Laden as that of a 'Martyr', one chapter of the war on terrorism has been closed but a new chapter is upon us.

The job is not finished, it has become even more difficult.
    :salute:
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    And while we're not being political, can we also keep the derogatory political party affiliation slurs to ourselves as well....Heywooood....

That particular term for members of the Tea Party I find to be vulgar, at best.....
    And that is what I meant by not getting political. No slandering one side or the other, no president bashing, no derogatory remarks about either party.

NO POLITICS MEANS NO POLITICS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    see what happens when the playstation networks down for a while! .. imagen what could be done if xbox live went off!

Well done to the chaps involed!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by wantok View Post
    This provides a certain degree of closure to 9-11 families and the nation, but the risks still far out-weighs the saftey-net now. Can't help worrying more now about my US Marine Corp Sgt. son heading off on his 4th tour to Afghanistan. God Bless families in combat zones out there.
    I'm in the same boat. My son is also a Marine and due to deploy to Afghanistan in the near future.

as a guy who's had the boots on the ground in Afghanistan i've waited for this day for a long time! and on this day (May 2nd when we heard in the UK) i can safely say... Best Birthday Present Ever! thank you to the US! good riddance... now they can fight amongst themselves to see who gets that new 'leaders slot', it'll hot up over there before it cools down....

In before the lock!

Glad Bin Laden is dead... if that really was Bin Laden. I heard the news this morning on the radio. Seems he was living in a mansion located in an affluent area, filled with retired military leaders, about 30 miles from Islamabad. He has supposedly been living there for a couple of years and no one noticed him? And no, his terrorist organization will continue to function, they might actually pick up the pace of their attacks. But, like I said, I hope he is gone... but the quick burial at sea and what seems to be tv crime show like speed in getting DNA results can certainly turn on the tinfoil hat crowd.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The Gates of Hell have opened to welcome home it's favored Son.Burn Bastard,BURN!!!!!
    NavySeals,Congrats,America is very proud!!:salute:

Patrick

good show, though alot of questions now being asked as to how he managed to build what seems to have amounted to a large compound that would put my lotto win house plans to shame, practically next door to retired generals rich houses, and pakistans version of sandhurst or Westpoint without anyone turning around saying hang onnnnn.......

Blog Entries
    Welll, apparently, and according to President Obama, it was only recently that Bin Laden declared war on Pakistan. I suppose until that moment they had no problems with him, but i can see where at that moment they could get a might perturbed.

My congrats to all involved in carrying out this crucial , extremely important mission , especially the US Navy Seals . I was privileged in my lifetime to have met a few and it left me totally impressed . Their professional , and patriotic demeanor just stands out . The skills of the Seals and the other Specials Ops personnel equate to " The Best Of The Best". !

:salute: to the all of the U.S. Military and other World Military Forces throughout and we all thank you for helping stomp out terrorism .

Rich

PS: This has made my day ! I just can't imagine what is going through the minds of the families of 9/11 . My hearts and prayers go out to all of them .

To all who were involved in getting Bin Laden, a BIG THANK YOU is in order. Well Done Chaps!! Now we must remain vigilant, and quell any effort on the part of our enemies to further the agenda of this dead mad man.

As General George S. Patton once said, of the fall of the Roman Empire... "All glory is fleeting."

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Finally,....the snake has finally been dispatched with! Hats off to our various intelligence agencies and the US Navy Seals that made this possible.
    Already some Doubting Thomases' question if this special-ops action actually occurred or not. Hopefully,...photos of this vermin's mug(plus the two bullet holes) which will be made public in a short time.
    Glad he was 'offed' in his compound. If taken alive,...it would have become a real media and political circus in the months or years to come.

..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot