Oh my..... Its a A-26K!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh my..... Its a A-26K!

Oh my..... Its a A-26K!

A RAZBAM A-26K!

For more previews of this puppy.... http://www.razbam.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=129

Oh, and for some very recent renders of the helldiver - http://www.razbam.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=136

Have fun with all this. (The only reason i didnt bring all the photos here is to conserve on the size of this post.)

"If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Dumb question. How the heck do I register at the Razbam site?

Nevermind, sorted!

Ooooh!

Very pretty!

Very cool to see this being done for FSX! I can't wait to see the VC-work - quite a complex cockpit in the A/B-26K.

Brings back some great old memories from FS9 for sure!

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Could we possibly get an early series A-26 model out of this as well? Perhaps as an expansion?
    Very nice work there, like John, cannot wait to see the VC!
    Craig :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Could we possibly get an early series A-26 model out of this as well? Perhaps as an expansion?
    Very nice work there, like John, cannot wait to see the VC!
    Craig :salute:
    An Early A-26 does not look likely right now but may be put into consideration.

Excellent news, can't wait!

:ernae:
    Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Very cool to see this being done for FSX! I can't wait to see the VC-work - quite a complex cockpit in the A/B-26K.

Brings back some great old memories from FS9 for sure!

While the RAZBAM looks good.....I'm sorry but the shape and overall appeal of this SOH aircraft exceeds. John you did an awesome job on the K for FS9 and sure wish it was available for FSX.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    HOLY COW AN A-26! And from Razbam! A great aircraft. Can also make the repaints for that aircraft firefighting move that feature the A-26's. Good stuff.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Competition for the SOH Invader, which, unfortunately, is not FSX native.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    While the RAZBAM looks good.....I'm sorry but the shape and overall appeal of this SOH aircraft exceeds. John you did an awesome job on the K for FS9 and sure wish it was available for FSX.
    Still a WiP My friend, hasnt been finished yet. Really still got tons to do on it.

The firefighting models would require modified, earlier WWII-era A-26B/C variants. ; )

As I stated, it is very cool to see a B-26K being developed straight for FSX! The only reason I posted screenshots of the old FS9 example, is because I had long forgotten about it. Thanks to Milton Shupe, it was my first taste of aircraft development. The modifications I made to turn Milton's work into a B-26K back then, probably lack the proper etiquette/technique that would be taken by an experienced modeler, and I am not entirely confident in everything that I did way back then.

The best thing in my mind, of having a focused B-26K developed for FSX, and a payware model at that (so you have to get it right! ), is that it will have a proper VC, which I was never able to give the old SOH example. There are a great many differences in the cockpit, between a stock WWII-era A-26B/C and a B-26K Counter Invader.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

For the RAZBAM development team assigned to this project, here are some photos from an example which is currently under complete restoration in Texas. Hopefully they can be of some use. ; )

Note that the only thing the cockpit lacks, is the gun sight.

And a few more.

And a few more...

Blog Entries
    Oh gods that poor baby.. I'm glad to see shes finally getting some love..

Hey Bomber_12th,

Now there's a worn repaint that would take an immense amount of time!!

Charter Member 09
    That A-26 is apparently an On Mark aircraft that was used in the Viet Nam war. They still had to live with the old recip airplanes, didn't they? (C-47, A1-E)
    On the SB2C they got a lot of work ahead of them.
    Just the rear canopy, for instance There's too many windows, The frames are wrong. The retraction guides and the gear housing is not right.
    Just counting rivets...

Attachment 36675
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Lets give it a bit time to reach the stage of actual screenshots of the plane. I'm sure it will please us.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    That A-26 is apparently an On Mark aircraft that was used in the Viet Nam war. They still had to live with the old recip airplanes, didn't they? (C-47, A1-E)
    On the SB2C they got a lot of work ahead of them.
    Just the rear canopy, for instance There's too many windows, The frames are wrong. The retraction guides and the gear housing is not right.
    Just counting rivets...

Attachment 36675
    Here are the latest images of the SB2C: New pics on the Helldiver

Charter Member 09
    I give up.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Anyone seen any updates on this beauty? I wasn't able to log onto the Razbam forums, may have to re-register. Anyway, getting all "giddy" about all the upcoming warbirds and the use of weapons within FSX. From the droppable stuff in Razbam, the VRS Tac Pack, CS Weapons, MILVIZ warplanes and their droppable wears...gonna give the dated engine for CFS3 a run for its money.

Matt

I thought there was an effort get the SOH B-26 upgraded to FSX format. Did that die out?

(Bringing it up due to the requests for earlier-model B-26 versions.)

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    The A-26K cockpit is in the mapping/texturing process, as soon as there is something to show, it will be shown. We have created some clever stuff for this bird.
    The helldiverīs mesh is going to be in FSX today!, the interior model (cockpit) should be within this month as well.Lotīs of stuff in RAZBAM coming!

Prowler

Fantastic news Prowler. Thanks for the updated info. Now, if I could only get logged back into your forums. May have to re-register.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0