Oh my..... Its a A-26K! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh my..... Its a A-26K!

The A-26 is such a spectacular aircraft. After lumbering around the skies of Europe in B-25 and B-26 bombers, crews must have loved the A-26 for it's speed and maneuverability.

I've always found it odd though that it received the A =Attack category, when it carried basically the same bomb load as most B category bombers eg B-25, B-26.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Very cool to see this being done for FSX! I can't wait to see the VC-work - quite a complex cockpit in the A/B-26K.

Brings back some great old memories from FS9 for sure!

Hi All,

I was wondering where I could find Johns A-26K modifications for the SOH A-26?

Craig :-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Any news on this one? I'm dying for a native FSX B-26K!!

Johan

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. I recall seeing the K model and early models and it seemed they were close to being finished some time ago but I've seen little news about it since.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

B-26K Counter-Invader news

I've been waiting for this for a few years, now. Having done work restoring IF-679, otherwise known as Special Kay( the B-26K pictured earlier in the post), I would love to have this plane in my FSX library.

Nothing new from RAZBAM in a very long time. Their last Work In Progress was the P-3 Orion, scheduled to be released in 2011, but it's now near the end of 2016 and no updates. I'd guess that their development team is no longer working.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I'd guess that their development team is no longer working.
    Actually, they are apparently still developing-- for DCS. This flip took place a few years ago, and for those who haven't yet gotten the memo, we are **supposed** to be giddy and excited about it, and have already switched to DCS in anticipation...

The only "bright" spot is that there is occasional rumbling about the possibility of them converting some of their DCS goodies to FSX/P3D, or starting development for those platforms again. Guess only time will tell, but I'd sure like to see an updated set of A-6s! We can always dream...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Very cool to see this being done for FSX! I can't wait to see the VC-work - quite a complex cockpit in the A/B-26K.

Brings back some great old memories from FS9 for sure!

I remember the B-26K you did for FS9, I still fly her. I have since dressed her up a bit, but she's still the trusty ol' gal she was from day one. An FSX "K Invader" is definitely an attention getter...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The real thing

Osan Korea

Nice picture! But it does not look like an A-26K to me, original B-26C?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I may be a bit confused but I remember seeing screenshots from both Razbam and A2A (Aircraft Factory) for different A-26's but as noted above, it's been a while since much has been said about them. I hate that those projects have stalled as they looked very promising and not far from completing. I was eager to buy whatever model variant was in the offering (A/B/C/K models).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I may be mistaken, but am fairly certain the Razbam A-26 project is dead. Yes, they are concentrating on DCS projects, but I had not heard anything about conversion to FSX or P3D. NC

Hmmm... Not native and the cockpit is somewhat old art, but it still works fine in FSX.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hmmm... Not native and the cockpit is somewhat old art, but it still works fine in FSX.
    I still fly my copy in FSX with no problems. I also added an AI sound folder and use it as an FSX AI aircraft. It performs just fine in that capacity.

RD

EDIT: Added Screen Capture...AI A-26K taxing past some MATS aircraft at an undisclosed location sometime in the 1960s. The paint on the A-26 is the Civilian paint scheme that came with the SOH A-26 download. I used John Terrell's A-26K model and added the wing tanks and external stores textures to the civilian paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a26k.jpg  
    Last edited by rdaniell; November 24th, 2016 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Is that livery here in the SOH downloads or elsewhere?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed

That A-26K SEA livery was part of the original release.
    There were 2 different SEA schemes.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Members who have read this thread: 0