Bear Studios Chengdu J-10 "Vigorous Dragon" for FSX / 2004
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Studios Chengdu J-10 "Vigorous Dragon" for FSX / 2004

Bear Studios Chengdu J-10 "Vigorous Dragon" for FSX / 2004

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=bearj10

Got an email today about this one
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Sweet, full native FsX and at a good price too!

Love his MiG-15 in Fs9, so next payday this will be mine!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I forgot about this; added to the list. Thanks for the heads up.

Been watching this a while. Looks pretty good & was about to click to buy it earlier. Was going to hold off on buying much until the T-38 & new F-104 came out. If anyone picks this one up, be sure to chime in on what you think of it.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Love the look of this thing, going to get it asap!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Nice. Is there confirmation that the FSX version is native FSX SDK? I know the previous releases weren't.

Denny, you can see the self-shadowing effects in the screenshots, especially below the canard wings.

http://www.flight1.com/images/bearj10/bearj100.jpg
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I'm in the cicuit at Fallon...its a fun jet...handles like the Iris EAP. The RW J-10 is a warmed IAI Lavi...cancelled many years back, when the IAF decided to buy US kit. Attachment 36507Attachment 36508

This package certainly looks good, and it includes both the single and twin seater. As for the lavi connection this looks just to be no more than the general layout and under nose intake, as all other design features are different. Just look at the delta wing.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

for sure JensOle...the J-10 is light years away from the Lavi . Also,we should be aware that technology shares between Israel and China have been ongoing for many years.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/13/wo...a-us-says.html
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...660213146.html
    http://ariwatch.com/OurAlly/IsraelsT...ferToChina.htm

The J-20 is said to have had much benefit from these deals

I now have a couple hours with the Bear Studios product and I'm really enjoying :-) I loved their Mig releases so this was a must have for me. Thanks Bear :-)

I'm going to try the TSS F-16 sound file to see how that works with the package.

Lots of cool products around and about to be released in FSX. Its a fun time.

How are her exterior and VC cockpit textures? They seem a bit blurry in the shots.

The console scripting is easy to see (lettering beside switches)..the MFDs (and other MFD style scripting) are blurry and hard to read from normal VC default setting...I have gone in to "Display" -"Aircraft" and changed the VC to "High Res" which gives me very sharp scripting in the MFDs but hurts my frame rate.

The exteriors seem fine to me...no complaints there.

The velocity vector never really acts as your touchdown point on landing.

It's just the shots I'm looking at to guess...

So performance is down when you choose get good VC texture resolution?

Other experiences?

I choose frame rates over anything else all the time. The VC is fine for me without the high res selected, just the MFDs are hard to read. The Hud is sharp in any resolution, and thats what I am looking for anyway. I like the flight model, it handles high alpha very well and is fun to bounce around the pattern. The MFD choices (pages) are many and will remind you of the pages in the VRS Hornet.

Okay, I jumped and bought the model after a friend & neighbor of mine said it was Native and an overall excellent model. So yes, he was right and it does fly well and gets good frame rates. It seems a good bit overpowered in afterburner though(as in I achieved 450 kts after takeoff at mid field!). I dialed back the thrust and upped the drag numbers a little There's a boat load of functions and animations built it that will take me days or even weeks to get a handle on. However, some observations. The normal resolution for me showed excellent detail in the VC and CRT screen data. The side panels are well detailed but the reflection effect is too shiny/silvery looking at certain sun angles. The HUD is not collimated but the way it is fitted into the HUD frame makes it look & function fine. The other issue is that the texture format is BMP and not DDS which I find puzzling for a native model of this detail level. Last, the afterburner effect is, well, could be better. It appears to be modeled in which means it can't easily be swapped out with a particle type burner effect. I know there's a way to change that but it's beyond my meager skills. My friend says he's going to see if he can fix the burner effect and convert the textures over to DDS and see how it runs. I hope to get into a beta test of that soon.

It's a fine piece of work by Bear Studios!:salute:
    "Soon to be Expat"

I got it yesterday and I agree on your comments. It is a nice package, but i Get terrible frame rate. I have no problem running other hi end glass cockpit models, any ideas?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I got it yesterday and I agree on your comments. It is a nice package, but i Get terrible frame rate. I have no problem running other hi end glass cockpit models, any ideas?
    Thanks for the warning JensOle, was just about to purcahse...
    On your problem, no idea, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    JensOle, try reducing the pixle size in the panel config VC entries from 1024,1024 to 512,512. That should double the frame rate but you will lose a little resolution in the process.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Videre Vincere Est
    I do not have that great memories with Bear studio's products in the past. I'd would like a very good and decent review first, or even better ....a trial version, before i decide to buy this bird.

The aircraft looks great, but my latest purchase from Bear studio's left me with a troubled Mig-15 (which i only flew about 3 or four times, with a poor feedback from the developer, and bug's that drove me crazy).

First a lot of very good stories/vid's/pic's about it, or a possibility to try it out myself before i buy!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Hi,

I did try it and it did help a little bit, but it is not the main reason for this model running with low fps on my system. Strange as similar other fighter cockpits run without a fps issue.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

No FPS problems here; thoroughly enjoying this Dragon!

Weapons testing; Guns:

Rockets:

Bombs:

Trying the ejection seat:

Some VC shots (With English labels installed); this one at 0.50 zoom:

Still easy to read!

Right console:

Left console:

Twin-seater back seat:

One for fun:

First flight was just for fun, will read the extensive manual tomorrow; it looks like almost everything works like it should! (Within FsX limits)

Members who have read this thread: 2