Bear Studios Chengdu J-10 "Vigorous Dragon" for FSX / 2004 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Studios Chengdu J-10 "Vigorous Dragon" for FSX / 2004

Dag
    Ferry_VO, are you on ATI or NVIDIA graphics wise? i7 CPU ?
    Great screenies, love the ejection...lol.

Thanks

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Ferry_VO, are you on ATI or NVIDIA graphics wise? i7 CPU ?
    i7 920 @3.25 Ghz, Nvidia GTX275 with 896 mb and 6Gb ram.

The J10 on my system performs about the same as the Iris Raptor & Warthog but much better than the Aerosoft F-16. The Iris DA42 Twin Star and the LHC Dynamic/Epics give worse FPS too compared to the Vigorous Dragon, although I have to add that I only flew the J10 over default China which is not too rich in scenery and airports.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Videre Vincere Est

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    i7 920 @3.25 Ghz, Nvidia GTX275 with 896 mb and 6Gb ram.

The J10 on my system performs about the same as the Iris Raptor & Warthog but much better than the Aerosoft F-16. The Iris DA42 Twin Star and the LHC Dynamic/Epics give worse FPS too compared to the Vigorous Dragon, although I have to add that I only flew the J10 over default China which is not too rich in scenery and airports.
    OK, impressive shots there Ferry!

You got my attention. The AS F-16 performs excellent on my machine, so this dragon should not be a problem at all. No weird canopy issues, or weird start-up problems?
    Perhaps an online 1V1 against an F-16AM? (hahahaha, especially looking at your bail-out shot :-)))

Again, great shots!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Gents, can anybody enlighten me?

Does the existence of bmp -vs- the (FSX spec) dds textures affect DX10 PREVIEW compatibility of the model?

Nice screenshots of the Dragon!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Both the AS F-16 and Iris birds work like a charm on my machine, but the J10 turns into a frameshow from the VC… strange

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Even without being able to use the VC with flyable fps I have done a quick test run at reworking the textures of the J-10A. Most pictures of the J-10A/S in the operational all grey scheme shows a bit more blue tint to the grey, so I have changed the colours slightly. I was not totally happy with the size or look of the Chinese “roundel” or the tail numbers as well so I have remade them as well to be smaller to match pictures.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Jens, were you able to convert the textures to DDS? I tried and failed on that but then again, I probably goofed up as usual.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Blog Entries
    This is a great little aircraft, but I seem to have a problem with the throttle, I can’t open it beyond 80%, and consequently have never used afterburners, has anyone else experienced this?
    The calibration of my X52 Pro works fine for all my other aircraft.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Regards,
    Ian.

You need to set the 'Anti surge' switch to on to use full power, and the 'AB on' to use the afterburner. Both switches are located to the right of the throttle.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ferry,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    looks like I should have read "the bloody manual" LOL.
    <o></o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.<o></o>

It is strange that although the J-10 is offered for sale in FLIGHT1's store, I'm unable to proceed to its purchase (the relevant file is not available). It may be that they'd pulled it for updates/fixes, who knows..

Until resolved, my only other option for a canard jet is the fantastic Convair 201, so lets see when it will be ready for take-off.

The updated version is available now with the bug fixes in place. Those who have purchased the model need to download the new installer and reinstall the package.
    "Soon to be Expat"

There is a different, aerobatic version of BEAR STUDIOS J-10 now on sale at FSPILOTSHOP. It mentions all the features of the regular armed version, and smoke generators, instead of weapons.

Does anybody know if it also involves a dedicated aerobatic flight model (relaxed FBW AOA, Roll Rate, or G-limiters) , or if the differences are based on the airframe textures?

Noticed yesterday that v1.31 is available; it now includes this version in prototype colours and config:

Has anyone come up with any repaints for the Dragon yet?
    :ernae:
    --WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Has anyone come up with any repaints for the Dragon yet?
    --WH
    Hmmm.... not a single response. Guess the answer is NO. Or perhaps nobody is flying this product?? :salute:

--WH

I have not been able to find any repaints for it either, a shame really, its a very nice model.

Yes. It's a great model.

I've got both the J-10B and the ADT versions in FS9, and it's all I've been flying lately. I think Bear Studios has done a great job. Yet, I cannot figure out why there are no repaints or even discussions on the aircraft. Strange. Really strange.

--WH

I guess every possible real paint is already included (Though a few fictional ones would be nice!) and I don't know if there's a paintkit?

There is a paint in the Flight1 file library, but the files are in .png format.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I guess every possible real paint is already included (Though a few fictional ones would be nice!) and I don't know if there's a paintkit?
    Maybe. I recall reading an arrangement for sales to Pakistan, and there are some other interesting prototype photos (in the manual) that could be created. And I'm sure there might be some more variations on the PLAAF as well.

--WH

Members who have read this thread: 2