Lockheed Martin Licenses FSX for Military Simulation

Thread: Lockheed Martin Licenses FSX for Military Simulation

Lockheed Martin Licenses FSX for Military Simulation

(Sorry if this is was already discussed. I don't remember seeing it and thought the folks here might enjoy.) See article at link:

http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/fly-w...crosoft-flight

Could be some lucrative (?) jobs at Lockheed for all you gifted FSX programmers. Good luck.:salute:
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

this says it all for me....as quotes from the ariticle

" I’m not sure if I’ll buy the game, though. Judging by those preview videos, the software looks as though it will require a Windows 7-compatible computer running a plutonium-powered processor and at least several terabytes of memory. Anyway, the designers haven’t said when the new software will be out, so we’ll see if I’m compelled to buy a new PC just to play one game."

He's not exactly up-to-date on current events!
    Regards,
    Robert

Charter Member 2011
    and anyway, they didnt license FSX at all, it was ESP or Prepar3D as its known nowadays
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

What "Stiz" said ! MS still has FSX
    microsoft.com / games / flightsimulatorx

God Help Us if The Government actually signs a defence contract to train pilots via FSX.The CTD would Eat the whole budget!!
    THX for the info!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    He's not exactly up-to-date on current events!
    The author is an idiot. First he's over a year late with regards to L-M, but he's even wrong about what L-M actually did!

L-M licensed the now defunct ESP1 code base, with rights to re-write as much of it as necessary for the customer's needs.

Further, Prepar3D has been available now for almost six months. In fact, v1.1 was released just a few weeks ago. The commercial version is considerably improved over FSX.

Developer's (which means darn near anyone!) can license two seats for $9.95/month, or purchase a one seat license for $499.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit