(SWPAC) Taco's Turkey Trot.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (SWPAC) Taco's Turkey Trot.

(SWPAC) Taco's Turkey Trot.

:salute:Well, me and Dudley P. Fudpucker are getting ready for the blast off of the SWPAC event.

Just a couple of snaps of us taking off and heading for our start point. Good Luck to all. And by the way you country boys no shooting at my Turkey!

Taco

Taco, just an FYI in case you didn't **** () you have to start from an airport not on the required airport list (your choice which one), so that you may make a required landing at each airport on the list.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

AGGS to AGGM

Taking off from AGGM TO AYBK

Tear 'um up Taco! ... lookin' good ... keep trottin'
    salt_air

Landed at AYBK. Finally, got a break from the weather. Clear on approach, and by golly, clear for landing.

:salute:Thanks for the encouragement Salt, we're just doing the old "Turkey Trot" hehe.

Jim

:salute:Refueled, grabed some stale coffee, and a box of K-ration, and taking off from AYBK to AYKV. doing the "Turkey Trot"!

:saluteown safe and sound at AYKV

Hi There!

Well, after a fairly good nights rest we are taking off from here AYKV to AYTK. We will be flying hot rumors of unknown subs in the area!

Howdy,

Hey, we made a safe landing at AYTK, but will need to spend some time here for some minor repairs. To me, looks like someone took a pot-shot at me Turkey (picture of fire and smoke coming from the engine). other than that a very nice flight, and again the weather, what can I say, it was NICE.

The 3 T's

Cooked Turkey!? Where was the top cover? Heard there was some New Zealand Corsais about, but I think they're having a BBQ at Buka...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hi all,

dog gone, the boys at AYTK got the Turkey flyable again it seems it was just a little oil leak. So we will be leaving Rabaul AYTK for CPG maybe with a possible stop at HKN.

Taco.

Howdy all,

Well it was a good flight over to CPG landed safe and sound. Ah...still haven't seen any female types in grass skirts, now the CO promised there would be, but you know I don't think he was telling me the truth. hehe.

One nice thing the boys over at Rabual told me if I get bored turn to this frequency and get some nice sounds, well, I got to listen to Mr. Glenn Miller band for a short time.

Now, I guess I can leave my weed eater here!

Short flight. Taking off from CPG to FIN

Yep, short flight and short runway for takeoff, but alas, we landed at FIN (Finschhafen)

Again, no welcome committee! Boy, did that CO give me a bunch of bull. Oh well, did have some good sounds from the Big Band era!

Taco

Well, we are off again, another short flight. Taking off from FIN to AYNZ

Landed at AYNZ safe and sound, but on the flight over here I stayed above and away from some of those mountain ridges, who knows might have been some of our friends from the north with the meatball on their flag, and some of the local spear chucker who would more than like to down a Turkey! hehe.

Taco

What is Leavenworth like? Here we is trying to grab a few zzzz, and this OD comes in yelling "Alright you joystick jockey up and at them, you can't make hay sleeping!" Man, after the tales the CO passed on, and now this, someone needs to be popped right between the eyes! Oh well, that's why we make the big bucks. LOL

OK, Taking off from AYNZ to AYGR

Levaenworths #0000

Lost our local power, DAMN WIND! starting over.

Hey about this! Landed at AYGR safe and sound, I think.

Well, sure looks like we have a welcome committe this time. A jeep load of heavy brass is coming our way, I told Dudely, I think we are in a world of do-do for buzzing the tower at AYGR on take off. But our luck is still holding no repercussion for our buzzing. All they wanted was to know if our ship has any problems, and if not we will be refueled as soon as possible, and we will need to take off right after the refueling is complete. Looks like there is some submarine activity down along the coast. In fact, they gave us a couple of depth charges!....Yipes!

:salute:We were just about ready to fire up for takeoff from AYGR to AYGM when we got word that the submarine problem has been eliminated. It seen that the submarine turned out to be a pod of whales! Didn't know there were whales this far south, oh well, they removed the two depth charges, and now no boom!

Well, we have landed at AYGN. All in all the flight was uneventful at best, no submarines, no whales. Only thing the bloody weather, darn it couldn't make up it's mind what to do.
    It's time for the Turkey to be serviced, so we will spend the night here. Nothing here to write home about, so I think theres no way we could get into any trouble here with the local folks. hehe

:salute:Howdy, the Turkey has been seviced, and a few minor problems have been fixed and she has been refueled. By the way, we didn't get into any trouble last night! We were just "Quiet American" which more than likely surprised anyone. OK on with business.

taking of from AYGN to AYPY Grumman TBF

Members who have read this thread: 0