Orbx Releases FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orbx Releases FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows

Orbx Releases FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows

This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of Orbx FTX NA BLUE Pacific Northwest must be installed prior to use.

Orbx is proud to announce the release of Bill Womack’s latest work of art Cushman Meadows.

There are few places on Earth more breathtaking than the Olympic Peninsula, the finger of land that separates Washington’s Puget Sound from the Pacific. It’s home to the towering Olympic mountain range, some of the planet’s only temperate rain forests, and vast swaths of wilderness. Though a short flight from the heavily populated Seattle area, nature still reigns supreme here -- and what better way to see it than by air? The tiny Cushman Meadows Airport is a perfect gateway to the wild wonders of the region. Situated on the shores of Lake Cushman, KCMW offers not only a paved runway for wheels, but a safe harbor for float pilots as well. Come in for a landing, tie up at the docks, or park your ride under one of the rustic covered shelters. Down by the lakeside, there’s a lodge with A-frame cabins for the overnighters, and the airport sports a clubhouse diner with one of the best hundred-dollar burgers this side of the Rockies. Come pay us a visit -- it's not fancy, but we guarantee you'll feel right at home..

• Ground imagery at 25/60cm per pixel
    • Beautifully modeled airport and docks
    • FSX gmax poly runway, aprons and lights
    • Spectacular setting in the Olympic Peninsula
    • Includes a huge coverage of photoreal area
    • Accurate watermasks for the shores & rivers
    • New vegetation and grasslands
    • TextureFlow optimised and excellent FPS
    • Includes custom GA AI Traffic movements
    • Autogen annotation by Tim Harris
    • Includes PeopleFlow animations
    • Another Bill Womack masterpiece!

http://fullterrain.com/product_kcmw.html
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    looks brilliant

tell ya what, if ya give me the pc of the person who took the screenshots and i'll buy a copy
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Wow! Bill has done it again. Neat looking scenery indeed.:salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

My fav area...dowloading at 8mbps...not bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great! I'll have this tonight
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

This is going to be so cool. Congrats on the completion of what may well be your magnum opus, Bill. Will have this on my rig soon.

​.

Another must-buy...maybe later today. Looks great
    Matt

Another GA Gem from Bill Womack!! My Immersion Meter has just gone "Bonkers"!!
    Attachment 36067

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    looks brilliant

tell ya what, if ya give me the pc of the person who took the screenshots and i'll buy a copy
    Sorry, I'm still using it. By the way, my dev rig (on which I took a some of the shots) is a mid-range PC, a Q9550 OC'd to 3.4GHz w/8GB of RAM, and it performed very well with Cushman. It's a delight building in a rural area that's far enough away from major cities to have super-smooth frame rates. Somehow all the trees that I can throw at FSX don't bother it half as much as a few AGN buildings.

It does look very promising. I ran into an issue on my first flight. Landing around the hill, towards the lake at Cushman, about a mile from the runway, on glide slope according to the VASI, I hit something, got a Crash. Admittedly, I hadn't read the docs at that point so the old Bear Gulch files were still there. I couldn't see Bear Gulch at that point. I don't know if that's the cause.

That had to be a rather quick flight because I won't be able to fly again until Saturday night, at the earliest.

I'll follow this while I'm out and hope for a "you dummy, ****" type answer.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    It does look very promising. I ran into an issue on my first flight. Landing around the hill, towards the lake at Cushman, about a mile from the runway, on glide slope according to the VASI, I hit something, got a Crash. Admittedly, I hadn't read the docs at that point so the old Bear Gulch files were still there. I couldn't see Bear Gulch at that point. I don't know if that's the cause.

That had to be a rather quick flight because I won't be able to fly again until Saturday night, at the earliest.

I'll follow this while I'm out and hope for a "you dummy, ****" type answer.

Glenn
    Actually, the answer to crashes isn't in the manual, but was on the first screen of the installer. I found out much too late in the dev cycle (like 2 days before release) that our ObjectFlow module, the bit of code that enables all the seasonal switching of grass models, people, etc., doesn't allow me to turn off crashes. Consequently, for the moment I'm asking people to fly with crash detection turned off. I've already spoken with the developer of the module and he's working on a fix. As soon as it's available, we'll put out a patch that lets you re-enable crashes.

This is covered on the ORBX support forums in a sticky, btw, which should probably be your first stop when a question arises.

Enjoy!

Damn you Bill Womack!!!!!!! LOL Its getting harder trying to explain all my purchases to the lady. Going to try purchasing this tonight when I get home. Looks amazing.

Bought, installed and now trying to get enough work done so I can go fly!

Crash detection has it's pros and cons, I hit a crash issue with BOB walking out of Darrington yesterday using the path between the trees, but on the other hand it's nice to validate a good landing by the lack of scrap metal!

Not clear to me that this bridge would support the weight of a Duck, but it sure makes for some interesting landings.

Attachment 36074

Both with FS9 and FSX, after installing, the first thing I did was turn off crash detection. I know when I've had a good landing and when I haven't and I sure don't need to fly a 5 hour hop from a hoplist and land only to have a crash because I came too close to a taxi way sign a tree or the corner of a building. . .sending me all the way back to the beginning to fly another 5 hours. To me, it's a useless option.

Back on-topic. Beautiful job Bill, as always!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quick question for those that have purchased already....what kind of performance are you getting from it?
    Matt

As Bill said,It's very FPS friendly,Quad4 9650@4.1GHz 8Gig ram. I've enabled all options in the Cushmans control panel and I'm seeing high 30's right at my FPS cap.:salute:

Patrick

Hey Boxcar... long time no hear!

Beautiful scenery as always with Orbx... must have!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Quick question for those that have purchased already....what kind of performance are you getting from it?
    The testers were able to run this scenery with sliders farther right than usual, especially autogen. It's got the distinct advantage of being the middle of a very sparsely populated area, just out of range of Seattle and the urban jungle on the other side of Puget Sound. I'm a little biased, of course, but I'm able to run it very smoothly at higher settings than I usually use.

Congrats on this release Its a must have for me
    and I like double the locations

Well done

Thank you, Bill. Off to pick it up now:salute:
    Matt

Bill, Whew! Now I can't wait to get home for more reasons than one!

Glenn

good stuff My trusty old Scout fits there like an old glove
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I need some help with this one.

For some reason i got no animation on the people or horses. They just stand there like static objects. Arent they supposed to be animated? Have i missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SWE View Post
    For some reason i got no animation on the people or horses. They just stand there like static objects. Arent they supposed to be animated? Have i missed something?
    Install the latest Orbxlibs - http://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs
    Cheers,
    John

Members who have read this thread: 1