Orbx Releases FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orbx Releases FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I'm not sure of your meaning?. . . . .
    Snapper will autoprint your location (airport, or closest airport) in the lower right of the screenshot. It doesn't recognize Cushman Meadows as an airport though, instead, it gives the proximity to the closest airport it does recognize. . . .in this case "Sanderson".:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Snapper will autoprint your location (airport, or closest airport) in the lower right of the screenshot. It doesn't recognize Cushman Meadows as an airport though, instead, it gives the proximity to the closest airport it does recognize. . . .in this case "Sanderson".:salute:
    It could be a problem that KCMW isn't in the stock FSX database (for obvious reasons ). Do you know if there's a way to rebuild Snapper's internal database, or does it get its airport data some other way?

You should be able to make an airport stub for KCMW without defining a runway. Even if a runway becomes necessary, put it in the forest/hills around the field (one foot by one foot).

Better yet, make it a water runway at the lake's edge. That way it will be in the database and not disturb any of the elevations of the airport.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    You should be able to make an airport stub for KCMW without defining a runway. Even if a runway becomes necessary, put it in the forest/hills around the field (one foot by one foot).

Better yet, make it a water runway at the lake's edge. That way it will be in the database and not disturb any of the elevations of the airport.
    Jim
    Oh make no mistake, there's a full AFCAD for KCMW, and WA40 (the water runway), too. I just thought maybe they weren't being indexed by Snapper somehow.

Snapper has it's own internal airport database. Iit doesn't get the airport info from the sim, just the longitude and latitude, which it then compares to it's database to pull the closest airport from....

I'd rather be flying, but that will have to wait until I get this tractor fixed....

Absolutely fantastic job you did with this package, Bill, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Astoroth View Post
    Snapper has it's own internal airport database. Iit doesn't get the airport info from the sim, just the longitude and latitude, which it then compares to it's database to pull the closest airport from....
    That explains it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Hey Boxcar... long time no hear!

Beautiful scenery as always with Orbx... must have!

Thanks, TuFun. Been out most of the time on family matters for much of the last year+.

Got a question, peeps: After pre-paying for Cushman on March 11 @ FlightSimStore, have yet to receive the software on CD. Did my pre-pay only include a download? (Yes, have already filed a "ticket" with FSS but have yet to hear back) For years I've never knowingly ordered any flightsim software without the CD/DVD. My understanding when ordering in advance was that the price paid included the title on disc too, though as a brain-injured vet things get confused sometimes... the written word can be excruciatingly difficult to absorb. For any knowing the answer to this & taking the time to respond, thanks in advance. Am so looking forward to having the time to finally "fly" in & out of this outstanding addon.

​.

Boxcar,You can check your order at FSS,If it says "Direct Download" then I believe that's what was pre-ordered.Usually the DVD comes out a few months later.

Patrick

Thanks, Phantom88. Here's what it lists in my account there:

1 x Orbx - FTX: NA KCMW Cushman Meadows (Pre-Pay)
    <small>- Delivery Option: Download with DVD-ROM (Digital M

</small>
    It seems I'll only get the download, eh?<small> ~Bummer~ </small><small>*sigh* </small><small>

</small>

​.

Boxcar,No,It looks like you'll get the DVD also.All my purchases from FSS have been download only and they all say......"Delivery Option......Instant Download" So the fact you have The DVD Option in your order suggests that you'll receive a DVD.

Sorry I can't say for sure since I never ordered A DVD through FSS.

Patrick

Well, that gives some hope now... & for this I thank you again, Phantom88. Much appreciated, it is. 'Til then, am on my way now to download this latest FSX wonder. :-)

​.

I think there are 3 ways to get most ORBX products from FSS:

1. Download only.

2. Download with a backup DVD-ROM (which FSS burns for you) in a paper sleeve which is mailed to you for a few bucks more than the download only option and which, from my experience, takes 3 to 4 weeks to get to me in PA, USA.

3. Usually after a month or so later Orbx also produces a nicely labelled DVD and instruction sheet which is packaged in a standard black plastic DVD case with a professionally produced insert for the case.

I've purchased ORBX products all 3 ways fromm FSS depending on the size (MB's versus GB's).
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

Thank you too, FlighT01. Am thinking at this point my purchase comes under #2 of the 3 you list.

Went ahead & downloaded it for now. Will have to set my rig back up & install this gem soon (haven't "flown" for over 6 weeks now). Bill's addons are among the best of the best out here for FSX, in my estimation.

​.

I got your ticket earlier and I have forwarded it to Adrian, he might have forgotten to send you your DVD, so we are fixing that up for you now
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

I'm havin' as much fun flying into Bear Gulch as I am anywhere else right now. Magnificent job Bill.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm havin' as much fun flying into Bear Gulch as I am anywhere else right now. Magnificent job Bill.
    Thanks, Ed. I figured you'd be a Gulcher for sure. I see you're having that weird elevation problem with the bridge. Several testers experienced it, too, but we were never able to track down why it happens. It seems reloading the sim does the trick to fix it, though.

Bill

Bill, it could be the underlying mesh and flatten switch conflict. It shows even when mesh complexity and resolution are set 100% to the right on the slider. Just a hunch tho as I don't have the scenery. But I've had headaches with this also trying to lay 3d tidal barriers (objects) between water and land at my airports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Edited for speeling..
    Visit the tribe @ islandsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by wantok View Post
    Bill, it could be the underlying mesh and flatten switch conflict. It shows even when mesh complexity and resolution are set 100% to the right on the slider. Just a hunch tho as I don't have the scenery. But I've had headaches with this also trying to lay 3d tidal barriers (objects) between water and land at my airports.
    About the only thing it could be in this case is either the platform on the bridge causing a false flatten to appear (unlikely), or somehow the runway from the ADE file is assuming a flatten. The maddening thing is that it's very inconsistent, and only shows up every now and then for a few users. Because this is a fictional airport, there's no underlying default flatten to remove. One of these days I'll figure it out, though...

Falcon409,Fantastic pics!:salute:

Patrick

I didn't get a chance until just now to go back and recheck. As you have found in other similar cases Bill. . . .this one fixed on it's own.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Fantastic screenshots, Ed/falcon409. Am so ready to install this gem.

And thanks, JayKae. Have heard from Adrian, the disc mailed the 28th... & *presto* it arrived here this a.m. all the way from Downunder... or is that Down Under?
    Am understanding the
    colloqialism, though am seeing it printed both ways. What say ye, Kiwis & Sons of Convicts? Heh heh heh...

Congratulations, again, Bill!

​.

A few more from Bear Gulch. This time I rode the ridge above Cushman Meadows as I made my way back to Bear Gulch Aviation. Beautiful area for the Drifter.

Current System Specs:

lol Good to hear and we may be sons of convicts but we live in paradise and the British... well... umbrellas anyone ? ( No offense to British people, it was just a joke )
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post

lol Good to hear and we may be sons of convicts but we live in paradise...

.... Indeed you do, my friend. Thank you for indulging my sense of humor. Visiting Australia & New Zealand remain on my bucket list, the only hesitation remains my concern that I'll not wish to return to my home country.

.... Bill: am nearly to the point of being able to hook my rig back up & get C M installed. With all going well, keep your eyes peeled for a
    FlightSim screenshot forum post. No rain this time.

​.

Members who have read this thread: 1