Milton Traffic

Thread: Milton Traffic

Milton Traffic

Don't know if anyone has come across this yet, but over at Com Central I stumbled across this little gem that converts Milton Shupes aircraft for AI. Unlike a lot of similar gizmos, this one actually works. Worth a look.

http://www.com-central.net/index.php...Downloads&c=48

What does it actually do?

Does it provide new airfiles and configs? Traffic bgls?

I'm not sure how many of Milton's models my computer can display at one time, it's not the biggest box on the block.

Yet another site that insists on signing up to access to their files that on the whole are by other people. In this case the file looks pretty old and does nothing spectacular that would not be achievable by a talented AI person. I wonder if they obtained Milton's permission before the use of his files in this manner?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Yes, they have open permission to host all of our works. The guys over there are great, they are friends, and have been around the FS community longer than most.

Yes, they require membership to download files just as we do here along with many others like Flightsim and Avsim.

This simply protects us and them from autobots.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thank you for the info Milton.I have always wanted to see a FS sky full of your Howards.

"In this case the file looks pretty old and does nothing spectacular that would not be achievable by a talented AI person"

Naismith, I am NOT a talented AI person, never will be and therefore rely on and appreciate the work of those who are. What if the file is old, does that detract from it's usefulness and does it have to be spectacular?
    When I can do something better, only then will I criticise what others do.

What I do is take Milton's no VC versions, remove the panel and sounds and the flight model that comes with them works very well as AI. In an airfile editor, I take the .air file and change aircraft type to "2" so that it no longer appears on the selection menu.

I've got AI Howard 500s and Beech 18s all over the world in my install. I took the default AI flight plans and the Howard replaced the Learjet and the Beech 18 replaced a lot of Caravans. I used the Amphib D-18 to replace the amphib Caravan as well.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    What I do is take Milton's no VC versions, remove the panel and sounds and the flight model that comes with them works very well as AI. In an airfile editor, I take the .air file and change aircraft type to "2" so that it no longer appears on the selection menu.

I've got AI Howard 500s and Beech 18s all over the world in my install. I took the default AI flight plans and the Howard replaced the Learjet and the Beech 18 replaced a lot of Caravans. I used the Amphib D-18 to replace the amphib Caravan as well.
    True, Willy. Pretty much what I do, too.

For those with a not so powerful box, just have one or two none true ai aircraft at any airport at one time, and you will be ok. On my old box, I could usually get away with three before things started noticeably slowing down. With my present box, I can almost get 10, depending on complexity of aircraft. Reducing the textures helps big time, just don't go looking at them close up.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Just a heads up for those interested in adding to/changing the bgl traffic file.

Haven't tried the file, yet, but I did just try to open the bgl to see what was in it. Traffic Tools will not recognize the bgl unless it is renamed to "Traffic_Miltontraffic.bgl".
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment