New Military Uniforms to be designed for women soldiers

Thread: New Military Uniforms to be designed for women soldiers

New Military Uniforms to be designed for women soldiers

Itīs been a problem also in Hollywood flicks for ages. Anybody else remember the movie in which the female attempted to board a submarine unnoticed? I think the boatīs commander was Bill Murray. Anyway, the commander smelled something fishy during inspection on deck, whoever he was.
    I wonīt see your signature.

Good grief! They're just now getting around to doing the sensible thing?

Even if approved at the November 2011 AUB though, it won't see deployment until sometime in 2015?

That's rediculous...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

IntelŪ Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    IntelŪ Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by wiltzei View Post
    Itīs been a problem also in Hollywood flicks for ages. Anybody else remember the movie in which the female attempted to board a submarine unnoticed? I think the boatīs commander was Bill Murray. Anyway, the commander smelled something fishy during inspection on deck, whoever he was.

You mean "Down Perriscope"? Kelsey Grammer was the CO. Lauren Holly was an Ensign or an LT.

Actually, the Army had specially designed uniforms for females for years.

That ended with the adoption of the BDU in the early 80's....partially at the insistence of some feminist organizations (DACOWITS) who insisted the different uniforms were a means of segregating the women.

The Army was okay with that--it's cheaper to maintain one set of utilities in the system.

I myself have noticed, and this may be a shock to some, that women's bodies look different, are shaped different, and work different from men's!

If you ask me that at work I will deny ever writing this.....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Actually, the Army had specially designed uniforms for females for years.

That ended with the adoption of the BDU in the early 80's....partially at the insistence of some feminist organizations (DACOWITS) who insisted the different uniforms were a means of segregating the women.
    Oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by rayrey10 View Post
    You mean "Down Perriscope"?
    Thatīs the one.
    I wonīt see your signature.

I don't really know what the big deal is. When I was in the army, if the uniform didn't fit properly (or to your taste) you just had it altered. There were plenty of seamstresses/tailors just off-post that could take care of it for you. This also included fatigues, especially for the guys that where a little overweight when they were inducted and had their uniforms issued. There were tons of places overseas where you could get tailor made class A's and Khakis.

If'n you wanted to be a sharp lookin' troop thats what you did, though the army would not complain if you wore just the issued uniforms.

Beard
    More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!

I think the uniform adaptation is an attempt to accommodate such simple activities like going pee.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."