She's coming soon.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: She's coming soon....

I don't even know what to say... Gunnar's work is AMAZING... All un-retouched. (and lets not leave the rest of the team unmentioned.... Alpha is going swimmingly... !!!! Thanks guys! Excellent work!)

Attachment 36330Attachment 36331Attachment 36332Attachment 36333Attachment 36334

Just amazing stuff KC. Beautiful!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Uh-oh...

....are those UK-style oxygen masks in the screen shots? Kind of looks like it to me.

Just wondered.

Kent

Ah yes...

...I just googled the MBU-20/P. They do appear to be the UK-style masks (hose goes in the side rather than straight in the snout). They are just starting to be used by F-15 and F-16 pilots.

Was hoping for something more typical (USAF HGU-26/P).

Ah well...at any rate, looking forward to the release, without a doubt-- brilliant screenshots!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    I have to say... that does sound kind of like what I would do... If I were piloting a T-38.... Either that, or paint my bird in polka dots... Aggressor markings be damned!
    "er... yuck. I get the idea but... seriously... yuck... Not sure i want to mess up our work of art with a tomtom..."

ya know?

I'm glad you as a developer are feeling so good about the sale of your work of art that you answer a customers simple question, Idea, suggestion...with the above.
    Please, the next time you feel the urge to be better than...don't, it's simply not needed.

If a member did this to a developer we would get our hands slapped or worst, don't take advantage of the new rule.

They are indeed the newer masks. Sorry. We're using what we have for our pilots in the T-38.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...I just googled the MBU-20/P. They do appear to be the UK-style masks (hose goes in the side rather than straight in the snout). They are just starting to be used by F-15 and F-16 pilots.

Ah well...at any rate, looking forward to the release, without a doubt-- brilliant screenshots!

Kent
    US fighter pilots have been wearing the new masks for a few years now, and T-38 drivers do wear the newer mask, also.

Do you need one of these, Colin?

Attachment 36386

If that's yours, sure!!!

...is it 'soon' yet? lol
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    If that's yours, sure!!!
    My signature on it is the crappy render! LOL
    PM me for details!

I know...

...it's just nice to have most of the different helmets to represent the major eras for the airplane. But I recognize it probably isn't practical on this one.

Still...I WILL be buying this in heartbeat!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    ...is it 'soon' yet? lol
    It is never s**n in the developer world!

snag that helmet Colin! It will make the T-38 that much better...honestly right now the pilots look like Star Wars figures

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Kent
    We've been using the MBU-20/P's since Desert Storm, maybe earlier. It was part of the advanced Combat Edge program. Currently we use them in just about everything, from A-10's, F-15's, F-16's, T-38's, B-1's, the days of the MBU-12/P are quickly fading.

The Navy uses their own version of the MBU-20/P called the MBU-23/P, basically the same thing, just different comm. gear.

As for using HGU-26/P's, it'd be correct for 60/70's repaints, but again we've been using the HGU-55/P since the early/mid 80's.

Regards, Diego

Right...

....and having the HGU-26/P as an option would be FANTASTIC...versus the "latest and greatest" (the astronauts for example, still use the HGU-26, and as mentioned in the previous post, 70's and 80's repaints would be much more accurate).

Don't know if it's possible at this late date, but as a later patch, it would be AWSOME!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    snag that helmet Colin! It will make the T-38 that much better...
    I vote YES to this, Colin...lol.

Ah...

...just found some great vintage NASA T-38 pics (late 1960s/early 1970s!) in my files....Can't wait for this baby to be released.

Kent

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Oh man....

....quit taunting me-- that looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Kent

...Are we there yet?......
    Matt

No ice-cream for you mate!

Dag
    Outstanding work Gunnar :-)

Almost an F-5B. Are there plans for that at all ?

Thanks

Nope. Not at this time. Maybe later...

Members who have read this thread: 0