Pendercrafts ultimate F4U corsair birdcage model

Thread: Pendercrafts ultimate F4U corsair birdcage model

Pendercrafts ultimate F4U corsair birdcage model

Been almost 2 years since I uploaded our current WIP...the wait is almost over.

Feast your eyes on the best looking corsie to ever grace FS9.Attachment 35661Attachment 35662Attachment 35663Attachment 35664Attachment 35665

Blog Entries
    Very nicely done Warhawk. Thank you for posting the photos.

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    It's lookin' damn good. Can not have too many Corsairs... :ernae: (The lurker re-appears... :d)
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Hi,

Is this the model Ronnie was working on some time back ??
    I remember having create some XML code for it back then; had to do using main gear as dive brakes etc., if I remember correctly.

If so: good to hear Ronnie picked up on flightsimming again after his terrible loss.

Best regards, Rob

*edit*
    Found the model again... Including working wingfold lock pins, etc.....

Hiya, Rob!,

Yes he has been back to work on this for some time now. Nice to see you again!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    Hiya, Rob!,

Yes he has been back to work on this for some time now. Nice to see you again!

Rich
    Hi Rich,

When looking at the package I sent to Ronnie almost 2 years ago, I must admit I had a hard time now trying to grasp the "why" of the XML code ...
    But if Ronnie needs anymore support on that (or likes to have something changed): my Email addresses are still the same .......

Rob

Small note (very small) the ejected cartridges appear to be a rimmed pistol cartridge complete with bullet still installed. The BMG 50 was a rimless bottleneck case, think very large 30.06 shape.

Keep up the good work! T

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Rich,

When looking at the package I sent to Ronnie almost 2 years ago, I must admit I had a hard time now trying to grasp the "why" of the XML code ...
    But if Ronnie needs anymore support on that (or likes to have something changed): my Email addresses are still the same .......

Rob
    Thanks, will do. Note, this model will also be available for FSX.

Just a note to inform interested parties that fliger747 (Tom F.) has signed on the project to build and tune the flight dynamics for this particular model. With his past experience, I am sure we will all have a nice realistic flying model. Welcome aboard, Tom!

Oh, and also, the first 2 models that will be available will be the early birdcage with the periscope (gotta redo the rear wheel to original factory model, gotta shorten it to reflect the test model accurately) and then the first war production model with the blister in the canopy with the changed higher rear wheel that was developed for the USMC in the solomons.

Depending on how the models do on sales, we will then produce later versions if they are popular enough. Price for each model will be US $10.00 each. The carrier package will include 3 essex class carriers (Essex,Yorktown,Franklin) placed in 3 areas in the pacific for US $15.00. The entire model will include only things we make and paid for. The working guns and landing gear dive brake modules have already been developed/purchased.

Looking forward to these being available for purchase.

T.

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Still waitin' for this one, always love me a good Corsair! :d :ernae: It's looking fantastic, and I can't wait to get the FS gear back out. Good reason to come back from my FS hiatus. :d :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Well...like I said, about another year only 2 people working on the model with limited time. We have 1 solid beta tester (standds) plus me and Tom F. working on the dynamics. Rob B. on special gauges. We just got our first compilation using lionhearts procedure and it will have more than it could have had without it.

So far the visual result is fantastic, it has surpassed my wildest dreams. For those of you that have our Goddard edition Jupiter 2 model know what I mean. We strive to get EVERYTHING the way the real thing looks like down to the last T.

Speaking of which, in our spare time, all our models will get the updates so we can complete them as they should have been without the restriction of the poly limit.

I hope we live long enough to make it all happen.

Thank you all for your attention and support.

Members who have read this thread: 3