OMG! Do you do this too?? (1st set)

Thread: OMG! Do you do this too?? (1st set)

OMG! Do you do this too?? (1st set)

Smuggling candy into the movie theater.

Hating the sound of people chewing food.

When I'm eating food while watching TV, I can't actually start eating until the show starts.

Hitting the lock button on the car remote more than once, just to be sure.

That awkward moment when you walk out of a store and the alarm beeps, even though you didn't steal anything.

Sticking one leg out of the blanket while sleeping

guilty of 4 of them, guess which 4

Better watch those first two...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...cinema-popcorn

ATB
    MikeW

Nope I don't go to the movie theater

I hate the sound of people with no teeth trying to eat peanut brittle.

When I'm eating food while watching TV, I can't actually start eating until the show starts.

Nope, I start eating as soon as the bags of tater chips are opened.

Yep...I have one of the really annoying horns on my van, so I hit the lock button a good half dozen times to drive people away it.

That awkward moment when you walk out of a store and the alarm beeps, even though you didn't steal anything.

Nope...as soon as the alarm goes off, I take off running. I love watching those old men at Walmart grabbing their walkers and trying to catch me.

Nope...I sleep with my entire body wrapped into the blankets...sort of like a over size butterfly cacoon.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Rarely go but yep I'm not paying their prices for candy!

I can't stand obnoxious eaters either at the table or watching TV...close your mouth I don't wanna see your food

Ditto! It makes the show even better

Hitting the lock button on the car remote more than once, just to be sure. You bet Austin is the capital of more than Texas it's car thief country! We've had a mass change in our population it he last few years more and more folks coming and they don't all play nice...GET A ROPE!

It only happened once and since I have been a cop a long time ago I just spread 'em and put my hands against wall...the guy laughed and let me go...Gee if I had known it was that easy I shoulda took sumpthin'-kidding!

If I answer this Cloud9Gal it will be a TMI!!! Blanket...we don't need no stinkin' blankets! She just cuddles up to me and I keep us both warm

Cute survey!
    Ted

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

You betcha! Wife has a purse the size of a small suitcase, gotta put it to good use!

Ugh! one of my biggest pet peeves...

Nope, eating as soon as my butt hits the couch...

Learned that one the hard way after the punk kid that lives next to my work parking lot broke into my car and did over $1000 worth of damage to the interior. What did he get out of it? 2 packs of smokes.....

Just keep walking and pretend I didn't hear a thing.

Sticking one leg out of the blanket while sleeping.
    Nope, wrapped up tight!

I share a lot of the same quirks.

And will add one more.

I am not a smoker; never have been. One thing that irritates me is when I walk into to a store or restaurant, and there are smokers outside. I really dislike having to breathe the smoke...even for a second or so. So I hold my breath when I go pass them......

the one on that list that really bugs me is the food chewing...my dead brother inlaw stopped brushing his teeth when he was in 6th grade and drank a 12 pack of pepsi everyday for 40 years,,,he still had teeth..but they looked like he was a meth user....he would make these horrible slurping and schnooking sounds...made me sick to my stomache...what was worse...he was in love with me and at family gathering he allways wanted to be near me including next to me at the dinner table on hoidays,,,,,,,,,,,,i couldnt stand it....

and my dad chews his food with his front teeth only..mom says he has trouble with his "hind teeffs" and that means his mouth is open often and loud slurping sounds ensue....

ack ack ack

Don't go to the theater, but I have smuggled stuff into baseball parks.

Doesn't bother me too much, unless they are obnoxious about or chewing with an open mouth.

Ummmm... no, I eat when I'm hungry, regardless of starting time.

Don't have a remote. I must be a troglodyte or something.

Yep, happens to me often enough and it's darned annoying.

I don't sleep. Sleep is highly overrated and if I were to sleep, the men in black might sneak up on me and take me away.

What?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Happiness Consultant
    I don't go to movies much, so ... ummm, No.

How close do you have to get to hear this? Unless of course the other person chews his food with his/her mouth open ...

As soon as the food hits the coffee table, I'm usually diggin in ...

My 1995 GMC doesn't have this feature, however all the rentals I've used come with this feature. I personally find it annoying.

Like others have said, I just keep walking.

This is known as thermal cooling. While covered with blankets making it too hot to sleep, one leg out of the covers tells your body to send all the excess heat your body produces, while snuggled in, to the exposed leg to keep it at body temperature. (otherwise, I usually only sleep with a flat sheet for a 'blanket'.)
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Not candy, but fine ground salt for the popcorn is a must. And during the winter, a heavy coat is perfect for hiding a bottle or two of cold beer!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

After I coudn't get the real Jujubes or Jujyfruits in the theater anymore, I pretty much stopped eating candy at the movies.

I don't even like watching people eat food. Any more than one person other than me at he table is too many. Watching or hearing people eat isn't too far removed from watching or hearing people poop in my book.

If I did this I would never see a program because I don't keep any food in the house.

Always. The trick is to delay the second or third re-lock by several minutes so that the neighbors don't realize you are nuts.

When they first started using that system in stores it bothered me the first time or two that it happened. These days it seems like nobody, clerks or customers even take much notice of the beeping because of the high percentage of false alarms.

Like mentioned above, that's called a thermostat. Adjusting the amount of leg exposed allows me to control the temp without getting up to adjust the AC.

FAC

Members who have read this thread: 0