Wilco Harrier (Download version released!)
Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilco Harrier (Download version released!)

Wilco Harrier (Download version released!)

For those that have asked, the new Harrier GR.3 and SHAR1 work perfectly in Windows7.

AutoSTO, STOL and VTOL modes are all functioning perfectly. Not long now.

Blog Entries
    That looks fantastic Bazzer, it looks like I will be spending some time at Wittering in the not to distant future,
    Regards,
    Ian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>

Hi Barry

that looks so good...any chance we can see some more of the SHAR.

Matt

Dag
    Hi,

That looks absolutely faboulous. I am really looking forward to this one and I hope this thread will remain about the Wilco GR3 and SHAR :-)

Thanks

This looks fantastic, will be a great add-on for flying around Orcas Island.

Hi, im really curious with the below points i have listed;

1. LGB, Clean and AIM-9 only loadouts? What about CBU, 500/1000lb, CBLS, SNEB/Rocket packs, just Tanks, just inner pylons (Unremovable due to no wiring joints for the WE177!)???
    2. Centre Pylon not used? IIRC this was used by GR3 alot?
    3. Aden Pods perminant? Harriers flew without them some times, both SHAR and GR3!
    4. VIF'ing possible? Id guess this could be but with some FSX limitations?

And presumably sir, you'd like this tomorrow?...:d

VIFFing is possible with this new VSTOL/STOL setup. In fact you can preset the nozzles.

Incidentally, sources indicate that Harrier pilots were discouraged from VIFFing- very few ever used the technique and certainly not in combat.

I love terrible weather screen shots!

Looks Great!

Saaaaweeeet! Making room on my hard drive for this one. :salute:

Dressed for the South Atlantic...

Thanks for showing us some more pics, particularly the SHAR ones.

Matt

Looking nice, may well have to add this to me FSX stable.

Bazzar, sorry to be a pedant, but was the twin Sidewinder installation really applicable to GR3; I remember it being a post-Falklands fit applied to the Sea Harrier, but don't ever recall seeing it on the RAF mudmover? Not that it will stop me picking this up when it is released!!!!
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Bazzer,
    Any thoughts on doing a two seater add on expansion pack at any stage? Just a thought, and it would finish it off nicely.
    Regards,
    Ian.

Charter Member 2015
    Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooool
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

She sure look awesome, no doubt about that!! Still, and this is a minor issue, having a radar display inside the GR3 cockpit instead of a moving map?? Hopefully that will be fixed.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    For those that have asked, the new Harrier GR.3 and SHAR1 work perfectly in Windows7.

AutoSTO, STOL and VTOL modes are all functioning perfectly. Not long now.
    Hi Bazzar
    I visited Wilco site, saw the awsome screenshots but nothing saying which platform is made for: before I ask permission to the dear mother of my three sons if I'm allowed to use her Amex card , is the Harrier native FSX ???
    Italo

The Harrier is native FSX.

The radar is indeed "non-standard". We have put it in because a)It is a great piece of programming and actually works as a tracking and identification radar and is linked to targeting on the HUD. A moving map in FSX is really only possible using a version of the traffic radar or GPS, with terrain detail. This was tried but hard-coded into the VC, the resultant loss in framerates would be unacceptable. We believe that the radar is a happy compromise.

Of course, you can always turn it off, a switch is provided and there's a perfect facsimile of the moving map underneath with the Goose Green area depicted.

The radar and moving map facsimile are mapped spherically under the glass lens.

I got say this looks fantastic... and this from a two wing flyer!

Don't worry, you'll be quite safe with the auto-flap system. The wing really does change its lift characteristic on the fly. Beside your plane will be much lighter without that spare wing hanging about...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Looking nice, may well have to add this to me FSX stable.

Bazzar, sorry to be a pedant, but was the twin Sidewinder installation really applicable to GR3; I remember it being a post-Falklands fit applied to the Sea Harrier, but don't ever recall seeing it on the RAF mudmover? Not that it will stop me picking this up when it is released!!!!
    Hi Andy,

You are quite correct on the SHAR so we have made the outers single Sidewinders and mixed things up a bit by adding pods to the GR3. Thanks for the HU.

Hello,

HUD will be collimated ???
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hello,

HUD will be collimated ???

Covered elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Andy,

You are quite correct on the SHAR so we have made the outers single Sidewinders and mixed things up a bit by adding pods to the GR3. Thanks for the HU.
    You're welcome Bazzar. Looking forward to this one, hope it's not too resource hungry as I don't really have an optimal FSX system; it will run most things fairly happily, but the Aerosoft F-16 (for example) turns things into a slideshow.

Always had a soft spot for the Harrier, as I used to live down the road from Wittering so we had them flying over on a regular basis. My ex-father in law was posted to 1 Sqn in the early days of Harriers, he was an armaments crew chief (his penultimate posting before leaving the mob after 38 years service), also spent two years in Germany with them. Used to tell us some interesting stories of the early GR1's barely having enough grunt to get from one side of Wittering to the other.
    Andy

Yes the Harrier can easily be overloaded (max 21,000 bs for Sto work for example, less for VTOL) and can be a handfull. Must have been a nightmare for armourers and logistics people trying to work out what would get where and back in one piece!

My favourite "modern" jet - it deserves more recognition than it got.

Members who have read this thread: 32