MTO/Desert Texture Set

Thread: MTO/Desert Texture Set

MTO/Desert Texture Set

I'm looking to replace my MTO/North Africa Install's Textures and have not had any luck locating a full set of textures for the area. Does anyone know of such a set?

Thanks in Advance....
    Happy Trails! www.officialponyexpress.org

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Reply...

Pen32Win,

A lot of people swear by Pactex, but I find that it causes problems over Malta and Gibraltar with crashes. Frankly, I like the desert textures in Sander's texture set, coupled with the Mediterranean water found in Jean Bomber's Gibraltar.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    I find Captain Kurt's Spain terrain looks and works well.

Thanks Gents;

I'll look into those.

Pen32Win

For my D/L's Search for both Pen32Win and AF=Midway. There are also files in the Archives under AF=Midway.

Landscape Gardener
    Hi,
    Pen32Win,for Afnor the Afnor-scen scenery have its texture set (uploaded with the pelagics scenery)and landclass bgls to work with,this is a mix of Sander's eurow,pactex and rhumba's summer bmp.It's an attempt to give the north african color.
    I distinct the north Morocco Algeria and Tunisia about the ground texture than those there are in the desert areas as in Tunisia(south) Lybia and Egypt ,in desert_scen there is also a set , a mix of diverse set ,with more dry textures with a begin of landclass and some patch to cover the cfs2 landclass bug all that is just a begin ,need to be developped.
    About the ../world/texture for the med I use a "soft" texture set also a mix,near of this used in afnor_scen/texture, without to use the desert pactex bmps, they give sometime a wallpaper effect in large scale,with the desert pactex just need some little touch.

JP

Thanks JB;

I've spent a fair amount of time in Eastern AFNOR including the Sinai but never Western AFNOR. The thing that shocked me is that after all this time and all of the different texture sets that have been issued there's never been a dedicated MTO set done.

Thanks for the Tips.:ernae:

Pen32Win