Need some help with converting a Photoshop file to Paint Shop Pro

Thread: Need some help with converting a Photoshop file to Paint Shop Pro

Need some help with converting a Photoshop file to Paint Shop Pro

This is Take53084's Photoshop file with CFS2 lettering from his CFS2Wite package. It's for Photoshop but I can't open it with my Paint Shop Pro program. Is there a way to convert it, or is there someone who can do it?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries

psd file conversion to PSP image

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    This is Take53084's Photoshop file with CFS2 lettering from his CFS2Wite package. It's for Photoshop but I can't open it with my Paint Shop Pro program. Is there a way to convert it, or is there someone who can do it?
    I just did it for you... no real problem... PSP 12 opens PSDs ... what primitive PSP are you using.. lol..
    At any rate, if you give an email address or anyway to convey the file to you... glad to be of service

Blog Entries
    I don't know how long you have been working with PSP... but copying each layer as a file is a waste of time... all you need to do is just open the file take the layer you want... copy it and paste it anywhere you want... saves disc space and work...
    I have been working with PSP since before it was taken by Corel... check my aeronautical illustration work at my site... all done with early versions of PSP

http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html

I am starting to get back to renew my site with new profiles... here is oneAttachment 35285

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I don't know how long you have been working with PSP... but copying each layer as a file is a waste of time... all you need to do is just open the file take the layer you want... copy it and paste it anywhere you want... saves disc space and work...
    I have been working with PSP since before it was taken by Corel... check my aeronautical illustration work at my site... all done with early versions of PSP

http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html

I am starting to get back to renew my site with new profiles... here is oneAttachment 35285
    sorry... it did not copy large enough

psp9

Captain Kurt,

I am running PSP 9 and I could convert the file.
    Here it is

Cheers

Achim

Thank you Achim, but it came through as a merged image only, no layers. I am using PSP 7 and it won't even open for me. Will PSP 9 convert it with the image layers intact?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Gaucho_59,

Did you get my PM ok? Let me commend your SBD profile. If you did that with PSP, I am impressed.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Gaucho_59,

Did you get my PM ok? Let me commend your SBD profile. If you did that with PSP, I am impressed.
    Thank you very much for your comment on the SBD...
    Yes, PSP is much more user friendly than Photoshop and I like the results I get...
    btw... I have your file done with all layers intact... I just don't know how to mail it to you...if you give me an email address I can mail direct to... the file is ready for you...
    PSP 7 and 9 are sort of "stone age" programs by now... good for beginning work... but such sophisticated results as you can see by the SBD are only possible with the newest versions... as a matter of fact... you can see the difference in quality of my newest profiles vis-a-vis the ones in my site (PSP 7 or 8 then...) The skills are the same (me) but the tool DOES make a difference (though of course, I am more sophisticated in my approach through experience..) Before, I had in mind what I wanted to produce...but the program just was not sophisticated enough...(actually... it probably was... just not as user friendly as today)...
    So, give me an email and the PSP file in layers will be in your "hot little hands" in a jiffy...
    I DO advise getting the latest PSP... it is less than 100 dollars.. and you can probably download a less than legal copy for nothing in the 'Net...
    Glad to be of help anytime (I am a retired Army officer with lots of time...lol)

Hi Gaucho,

That's why I asked if you got my PM - I had included my email addy. I will send it again. Thank you in advance.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

psp 7 psp9

Hi Captain Kurt,

PSP 9 opens the file with all layers fully operational.
    I' ll try it again and I do hope to make it psp 7 readable.

Cheers

Achim

An Idea

You could try opening it with MW's dxt.bitmap and loading it from there to PSP in the future.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I use PSP8, and it loads them just fine.

Paint.net is a freeware paint program that will load the layer file, and you could save the layers separately from that program. It's also a pretty good program.

I usually use PSP 8, as I really like it's GUI... I used version 7 and it was similarly a great GUI. I tried Photoshop, and it always seemed a bit odd to me. Gimp also seems strange to work with.

Dick

Thanks for the thoughts Dick and Shadow Wolf. No luck though. I can get the file open but I can't preserve the separate layers. I tried Paint.net as well with no luck. I think the problem may be that the layers are saved as text in vector layers, not raster layers. Paint.net ignores vector layers.

Thanks to every one who responded. I truly appreciate the support, but I'm going to abandon this effort. In the time I have spent trying different solutions I could have made my own text. :mixedsmi:

Oh well, can't win 'em all.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Captain Kurt,

Download and install the freeware Gimp program and you can open any Photoshop file and save it in PSP formats with layers intact.

Boatz

Thanks Boatz,

I already tried that, but the same problem seems to exist. It will only open as a merged layer, so it may be the same vector vs raster layer issue.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

In Paint.net, activate the Windows|Layer menu to show the separate layers... then uncheck all the layers but one.

Then you can save it as an PNG for example ( it will direct you to flatten the layer ), then you can properly load that PNG file as a separate image into PSP.

Dick

Hello Captain Kurt

I have both Corel PSP Pro Photo X2 and PSP5 on my computer.
    X2 opens the MasterMaske file no problems, and I can copy paste as new layers into PSP5, but after 9 layers while you can paste more layers in, it can only find the 9 layers. I can save it as 2 seperate PSP5 files and you could then open them in PSP7. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Another option is to download a trial version of X3, convert it to what you need and then open it in PSP7 or copy and paste into PSP7 from X3.
    Link for trial download is:-
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1152796555406

Had a similar problem when I started doing the Ju-52 upgrade, was given a higher version template then what PSP5 could handle, so I bought X2 and have not regretted it one bit, very good investment. If you look around you might also find a cheap X2 you could buy.

Regards, Seagull V :salute:

I found a trial copy of PSPX to download (good for 30 days). I've got 2 kids in college at the moment so money is extra tight. Any software purchases right now will be for the kid's academic requirements.

The good news is that this worked and I was able to transfer the file to PSP7 where I can use it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR TRYING TO HELP!!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

If money is a bit tight you could always look for a trial version of PSP9, then X2, then X3 after each 30 day trial period runs out !!!!! Then when that all runs out you have the rest of us you can always give a yell to anytime you need.

Regards, Seagull V