UFOs in FBI's Vault....

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFOs/Aliens?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

51 60.71%
  • No Way Jose

15 17.86%
  • Uncertain

18 21.43%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UFOs in FBI's Vault....

UFOs in FBI's Vault....

See the original document...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...-in-fbis-vault

So do you believe in UFOs?

I believe that it is possible but that on the other hand you have to be carefull what and who you listen to for info.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    So do you believe in UFOs?
    Every time something flies by, and you don't know what it is, it's a UFO.
    Aliens? Of course they're here!
    They tend to be a bit smaller than we would think, and survive deep space and fiery atmospheric entry - boy, they are also tougher than we thought!

Did a larger alien impregnate my neighbour's wife all those years ago, to produce Gregory?
    My neighbour thinks so...

Is Elvis alive, and how about Adolf Hitler?
    These are all fun questions, please let us know when you find out.

"You do know Elvis is dead, right?"
    "No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home."
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Poll: Do you believe in UFOs/Aliens?

Is two questions in one and are mutually exclusive. The chances of UFO's being occupied by aliens imho is virtually nil however the chance that aliens exist has a probability factor of 1.

If UFO's were real I would venture that we would not exist. My reasoning is that any alien race capable of getting here at all would view us as a threat and destroy us. Heck we can't even get along amongst ourselves never mind with aliens.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks C9G.

:salute:

I have heard alot of similar stories pertaining to the same alien born 'airframe'. But.. I thought there was only one. This changes things.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Just voted... Hilarious how most all of us beleive.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Aliens NO WAY, they are lost Hobbits..

Took a wrong turn at Mordor that is all..

Should at least release the bodies, so I can give them a proper burial..

We Piglets are here and watching.
    Once I give the signal, Earth is spacedust!
    (After we off-world all the dogs and piggys)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

definitely interesting stuff, Welcome back Piglet

ok who voted no to believing in Aliens? you guys must not have heard of the 'Drake Equation' (Also called Green Bank Formula or Green Bank equation)... roughly it reckons that PER GALAXY there are 2 communicative Civilizations, and a possible 20,000 civilizations, remember the nearest could be 1500 Light Years Away... and given the fact that modern planet searching (seeing if a star wobbles etc...) has upped the chance percentage of a star to have planets etc. to 40% (put simply theres billions of stars in our galaxy alone, 40% may have planets, call it another 1% of them having a form of life etc...... man we are not alone, and i strongly believe that...

as for captured UFO's, Extra-Terrestrial Craft well.... seen a few odd things in my time so far, but until i can see solid cast iron (or whatever they're made of ) proof, i'd have to say not so certain about them...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    ok who voted no to believing in Aliens? you guys must not have heard of the 'Drake Equation' (Also called Green Bank Formula or Green Bank equation)... roughly it reckons that PER GALAXY there are 2 communicative Civilizations, and a possible 20,000 civilizations, remember the nearest could be 1500 Light Years Away... and given the fact that modern planet searching (seeing if a star wobbles etc...) has upped the chance percentage of a star to have planets etc. to 40% (put simply theres billions of stars in our galaxy alone, 40% may have planets, call it another 1% of them having a form of life etc...... man we are not alone, and i strongly believe that...

as for captured UFO's, Extra-Terrestrial Craft well.... seen a few odd things in my time so far, but until i can see solid cast iron (or whatever they're made of ) proof, i'd have to say not so certain about them...
    I voted no. I believe that there has to be life out there whether it be a microbe, martian geranium or a flesh eating killing machine. In the infinity of space, similar conditions that produce life must have occured somewhere. However the question of conspiracies and kidnapping and anal probing hillbillies I find laughable. It's very interesting as a subject and produces fantastic stories and ideas but I just don't believe we've been "visited".

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

Made in France

Yes

And I'm an Alien for many reasons
    - I'm french - I have no cell phone - I have no car - Sometimes rayrey10 call me Alian

My friends are looking for me because I'm a renegade, I felt in love with a human being.
    They send space probes to find where I'm hidding, but they are afraid to encounter humans because you are carnivorous and make dangerous and sutpid use of nuclear fission, when it's so easy for us to... well it's a secret. I well tell you if you really try turning vegetarians !

Attachment 35018
    Free French Designer - Alain95
    North American planes addict

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

I voted "no way 'Jose'" ... The problem is that the pole has two separate and barely related questions rolled up into one. Questions to which I would answer "yes" to one and "umm no" to the other. If the question is "do I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe?" I would answer "yes". If the question is "do you belive alien ETs are hiding behind the bush observing us?" I would answer "no", or at least, "there is no evidence to support such a claim." And photos of flares dropped from a plane do not constitute evidence, sorry!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

An odd question since belief is subjective and often not reflective of reality. However, do I think extraterrestrial life exists? Almost certainly, although I think it's probably mostly simple life forms (eg., bacteria and single cell organisms), complex, multi-celled animals less likely, and intelligent, technological species rarer still, and even if there are civilizations out there comparable or even far more advanced than us it's quite possible we'll never know they're there do to the vast distances between the stars.

Do I think there are UFO's? Yes. The vast majority of people being untrained observers and unfamiliar with the night sky, meteorological phenomena, and many types of aircraft and their flight characteristics thus making many Unidentified Flying Objects identifiable with proper and thorough investigation. Other harder to explain cases remain unexplained simply due to lack of reliable testimony, data, and evidence while there remain a few cases that are widely witnessed or well supported by physical evidence that defy explanation by any known means. I myself clearly saw an object during daylight hours some years ago that I could not identify as any conventional aircraft, balloon, dirigible, blimp, or helicopter, nor was it a meteorological, optical, or astronomical phenomenon. It was a solid, metallic disc-shaped object under apparent control of some sort following a straight line course on a very windy winter day moving at aircraft speed just below solid overcast. Was it some advanced, earth-borne technology or an alien spacecraft? Did anyone else see it or did it show up on radar? I just don't know; all I can say is I saw it...

N.

I guess I feel the way many of the other posters do:

Yes, life probably exists elsewhere in the universe;

No, most UFOs are not alien spacecraft.

As far as Drake's Equation goes; when one looks at the history of Earth and the rather brief time our "intelligent" species has existed, one has to wonder how long an advanced civilization could last.

Between natural/ecological disasters, disease, warfare, and our own careless use of technology it seems the average civilization doesn't last too long. Could we ever last long enough to develope the ability to visit the stars? I'm not optomistic.

SOH-CM-2014
    I hadnt known they found '3' of the 3 passenger discs... That is pretty wild. And the information on the radar causing them to crash was also pretty wild. I 'think' they were using a radar system then that was for detecting incoming bombers or the like (from Russia) as like a early warning system. It would make sense that it might have shut down the onboard systems on these craft.

I had read (many books on these) long ago. One such disc craft that was taken apart had no wire-looms going to the various flight systems. It was wireless. If the wave length that they use was the same as that radar, or was a jammer, then that explains how they fell out of the sky. Shear accident.

Another thing. The disc hull had a perimeter 'tube' that ran along the interior edge which had 3 large ball bearings, about 1 feet in diameter approximately. They 'think' it acted like a gyro race, for stability. Who knows.. But...! It explains why they are round and not some aerodynamic shape.

Supposedly, after disassembly, they couldnt figure out how to put it back together again. Perhaps damaged it? Again, who knows..

Bill

WiFi... BlueTooth.. eeks...

Charter Member 2015
    I too am sure that we're not the only species in the universe.
    And I'm pretty certain that most of the genuine UFO's are man made...if the SR-71 could have been designed in the 50's I'm sure that the technology is already in operational existence today to make Blackbird look like the Wright Flyer!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Isn't it interesting that the amount of sightings of UFO's has not increased given that there are more cameras than ever these days ranging from traffic ones to the ones in the ubiquitous cell phones.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I chose "yes".

When I was 7 or 8 years old, I saw a flying saucer. I still remember it very vividly. I can still draw a relatively detailed picture of it too.

Dunno what it was, but I certainly did see it! :mixedsmi:

Made in France

#"++& Piglet !

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    We Piglets are here and watching.
    Once I give the signal, Earth is spacedust!
    (After we off-world all the dogs and piggys)
    Would you be as kind to call me before, now I know
    I have to care about some cats and birds friends...

Thanks
    Attachment 35037
    Free French Designer - Alain95
    North American planes addict

I am warmed that so many of you conceed that I may actually be here. Guess I'll stay a while longer. I find you all interesting and wonderfully complex.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I pulled a UFO out of my belly button last night. An Unidentifiable Fuzzy Object. While it did not show any evidence of intelligence, it did smell strongly of old cheese and wood putty. I can't recall exactly the last time I ate cheese while building a cabinet...but it has been a number of years ago. I really need to clean my belly button out more frequently.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aliens, hobbits, [LINESTRIKE]talking[/LINESTRIKE] typing dogs and cats. It don't get more diverse than this place.

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

Blog Entries
    Hell, now that i live out in the boonies, I see UFO's every noght.. Since i'm no near a large airport, i couldnt tell you what was what up in the sky.. But ive seen some damned strange things over the last fifty years. Things not easily explained, and some unexplainable.. Do i think little green men were /are here?? i dont know.. but theres certainly plenty of evidence to support the history of them being here..
    We want to think ( like every generation ) that we humans are the penultimate of knowledge and capability in the universe, and ignore the fact that most likely, we're probably not all that smart or capable.. Its not much of a stretch to believe that some civilization somewhere, has developed the ways and means to perform interstellar travel.. Just because we havent done it doesnt mean it cant be done... where theres a will, theres a way..