Cfs3 - b17?

Thread: Cfs3 - b17?

pzrshrek

Cfs3 - b17?

Hi,

I am a newbie with cfs3 but i like it sofar.. But i would like to fly the B17 in a fully working campaign, and i have seen screenshots of it, but i cannot find how to implement this into the game, so please if there is any expert in the subject, could you please guide me in the right direction? I have downloaded an B17 zip somewhere (cant remember where) called Molly II but there arent even a readme how to do with it, adn its very annoying.

Also i wonder, there are no autopilot in this game ?

Thanks!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzrshrek View Post
    Hi,

I am a newbie with cfs3 but i like it sofar.. But i would like to fly the B17 in a fully working campaign, and i have seen screenshots of it, but i cannot find how to implement this into the game, so please if there is any expert in the subject, could you please guide me in the right direction? I have downloaded an B17 zip somewhere (cant remember where) called Molly II but there arent even a readme how to do with it, adn its very annoying.

Also i wonder, there are no autopilot in this game ?

Thanks!
    Pzrshrek, welcome aboard. Hopefully someone else here can help you incorporate add-on planes into campaigns. I cannot at this time, however I understand that it can be done.

But that B-17, and two others, may be found here: http://avhistory.org/communityserver/default.aspx

Autopilot is Ctrl + Shift + A. Do the same to turn it off. Warning: It's a bit weird, as the aircraft may jerk a bit and change altitude. Best to do this one above 2500 feet altitude.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

williamtong
    btw, do have their weapon pack dl'ed. highly recommended.

Der Gabelschwanz Teufel
    Originally posted by pzrshrek
    But i would like to fly the B17 in a fully working campaign, and i have seen screenshots of it, but i cannot find how to implement this into the game
    To add aircraft to a campaign you must go into the campaigns folder in your main CFS3 folder and open the campaign file with notepad. If you just have regular CFS3 it will be fortress europa (although you can do it with any campaign).
    Scroll down to the "tech tree". You must add additional aircraft just like the other aircraft in the tech tree. To do this you must open the folder of the aircraft that you want in the campaign. Find the XDP file for that aircraft, copy the name on that XDP file exactly the same as it reads into the tech tree (all punctuation, capital/non-capital letters). Then you need to open that XDP file and look for the entered service date. That will be the numbers you add along with the aircraft name.
    Example: <Tech Tree>
    <Aircraft Type="AvH _B-17G-80_001">
    <Date Month="7" Year="1943"/>

You won't be able to use the aircraft until that date in your campaign and you must start a new campaign after you add any aircraft to your campaign for it to be able to show up.
    Hope this helps.