Freeware Grumman Duck - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Freeware Grumman Duck

icarus
    this looks just too much similar to our!

i am curious about who build it or if was just something using a program as model converter.

nevermind OBIO, I have found the files here in SOH whats new for fs2004

icarus - looking at the model from many angles and in mesh without textures - it looks quite different from yours....aside from being a 3D model of the same aircraft prototype

wheel location and quality, wing shape and quality, pilot / gunner shape and quality, cowling and engine shapes and quality, etc... all different to my eye.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

No, the two are really not at all similar when you study the two together.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Some more screenshots of this beauty:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

BTW, here's what it's like to fly in the real thing (note how the canopy framing is just as lightly built and angular as depicted in the sim). This one is based at Tillamook, Oregon, and is one of three that are airworthy in the world, the other two being the examples owned by Chuck Greenhill of Wisconsin, and Kermit Weeks of Florida.

[YOUTUBE]PStIBtTiBgE[/YOUTUBE]

After installing the latest improvement package, I cannot open the rear canopy. How to fix this?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

icarus
    it is exactly same external model i had it remove from that site. they have just changed pilot and vc. starting to be tired at people here copying skins from an our model on past and now this model.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    it is exactly same external model i had it remove from that site. they have just changed pilot and vc. starting to be tired at people here copying skins from an our model on past and now this model.
    Your concern has been noted and will be brought to the attention of the Senior Management.

I tried going to the site but it was blocked by my Malwarebytes as it being a potential virus site.

Any other d/l options?
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

IT'S DUCK SEASON!

Please note that the above text is in green. Here in the United States, a green light mean GO! So, the SWingman Duck has been given an official SOH Green Light. I have e-mailed SWingman, actually did that the day this all started. Waiting to hear from him...but by his own admission I should not expect a fast reply.

Here's what I have been up to the last few days in regard to this Oh So Sweet FREEWARE AND NOT PIRATED Grumman Duck package.

I started over from step one with the FDE tweaks. Went back to the original FDE files that came with the package and took my time in tweaking them this time. I did one at a time, slowly tweaking, testing, adjusting. The FS9 flight dynamics files are as good as I can get them with my limited skill and understanding of flight dynamics. All of the original problems with the FDE sets are fixed and, unlike the first go round, I did not create problems that did not exist before.

The FSX FDE tweaks....I have a set done...but I am not real happy with them...so tonight, I will begin again on them. From the original FDE set and redo them to the best of my ability.

I hope to have the FS9 and FSX FDE tweaks ready for uploading tomorrow.

The tweaked MDL files....they will be uploaded maybe later tonight or tomorrow...as I might want to do up some slightly less shiny versions...remove some of the specular shine from the MDL files for a flatter military look.

There may be a possibility that I will upload the original SWingman Duck package here as well. I want to get some input from my fellow staffers on this. I'll get back to you all on this.

So, if you have SWingman's Duck package...fly it without any doubt of it's legality...it is to the 1 billionth degree...not a pirated version of the Icarus Gold Grumman Duck package. If you don't have it, I hope that very shortly you will be able to get your grubby hands on the package.

I will also see what I can do to help get SWingman's package put back up over at Avsim.ru. I don't know if I can, but I'll give it my best efforts to get this package back up into the light of day and totally out of the shadow on this unfounded piracy accusation.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yessir, incredible first effort from what I've seen in the screenies.
    Hopefully, Swingman isn't put off by this fiasco, it is hard to find talent like that.

And Thank You OBIO for all of your efforts!
    I'm looking forward to FINALLY being able to download this plane, and your tweaks/fixes.

A close friend flew the "6" and I can't wait to show it to him. He doesn't sim, but, I bet when he sees this he might wanna at least fly her once. Might get some RW feedback too.

Thanks Again...Don

here is some fsx camera views

copy and paste into aircaft config

[CameraDefinition.0]
    Title = "Tail"
    Guid = {D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC64A}
    Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 0, 3.0, -5.0
    InitialPbh = 30, 0, 0
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
    Title = "Rear Seat"
    Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}
    Description = Rear Seat VIEW
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.75
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 0, 0.0, -1.3
    InitialPbh = 0, 0, 0
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    PitchPanRate=100
    HeadingPanRate=100
    Category=VC
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Hi All:

[EDITED]
    Getting this fine freeware package is... "as easy as 1-2-3-4"

I found a Google "cached" copy of the original avsimrus JFJ2F Duck web page in question:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

1.) Enter "37280-GrummanJ2F.zip" into Google; the first hit I get is this web page:

GrummanJ2F - FSX Aircrafts - Avsim R Us

Filename: 37280-GrummanJ2F.zip » Size: 25 065kb » Date: 5 days ago (06.04.2011 02:09 MSK) » Author: SWingman » Uploaded by: swingman (uploaded 1 files) ...
    <cite>www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/grummanj2f-37280.html</cite> - Cached <- Click this !

2.) Click the "Cached" link in Google address for that web page

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#6699cc"><td colspan="2"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="color: rgb(255, 204, 51);" align="left">GrummanJ2F | Rating: 5! </td><td align="right"> FSX Aircrafts </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td rowspan="3" align="left" bgcolor="#f8f8f8" valign="top">

- Screenshot 1
    - Screenshot 2
    - Screenshot 3</td> <td style="padding: 10px;" align="left" bgcolor="#ededed" valign="top" width="100%">JFJ2F Duck was the first amphibian aircraft from young Grumman Aircraft Ingeneering Company. Most surviving Ducks are now in civilianmilitary museums. The best known J2F6 was N67790 (ex BuNo 33587) wich starred in the 1974 movie Murphy's War.

FS9 - FSX
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 10px;" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> » Filename: 37280-GrummanJ2F.zip
    » Size: 25 065kb
    » Date: 1 day ago (06.04.2011 02:09 MSK)
    » Author: SWingman
    » Uploaded by: swingman (uploaded 1 files)
    » Approved by moderator: Lenya69
    » License: Freeware - Free version, Unlimited Distribution
    » Downloaded: 204 time(s) </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 5px; font-weight: bold;" align="right" bgcolor="#d1edd3"> Comments (7) | View ZIP-Content | Download</td></tr></tbody> </table>3.) Click the "Download" link at the far right end of the bottom line of links (as seen above): ---> Click this ^ !

4.) Once page reloads, click "HTTP (EU)" link shown in "green box" now seen above the GrummanJ2F info:

<table align="center" border="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Minimal Rating <select name="minrating"> <option value="" selected="selected"></option> <option value="5">5</option> <option value="4">4</option> <option value="3">3</option> <option value="2">2</option> </select> and higher <table align="center" border="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody></table> Download file: HTTP (EU), Torrent

<form method="POST"><input name="postaction" value="setadown" type="hidden"><input name="autodownload" value="1" type="checkbox"> Start downloads automatically</form>
    <center>Enjoying fast downloads? Please help us keep it.</center> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Download file: HTTP (EU), Torrent <- Click "HTTP (EU)" link at left inside the "green box" !

<form method="POST"><input name="postaction" value="setadown" type="hidden"><input name="autodownload" value="1" type="checkbox"> Start downloads automatically

NOTE: Download should start automatically even if "Start downloads automatically" is not checked

[END_EDIT
    ]
    </form><table align="center" border="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    PS: Sheesh... What a relief; I thought it was still "Wabbit Season" !

Hope this helps !

GaryGB

Cheers to the Swingman for bringing us this great model! :salute: :salute: :salute:

thank you to "Senior Administrator" for updating us on the current status of this outstanding Grumman Duck and its legitimacy.

Being that this site, SOH, is so closely tied to the developers community, I understand your desire to examine Icarus Gold claim of piracy to be sure you and we were not hosting and trading at someone's expense.

So thank you for taking care - and for keeping us informed along the way. :salute:

The more I fly Swingmans Duck - the more I like it
    I highly recommend it for any fan of FSX

@ OBIO - please be sure to pass along our praise for this outstanding work - as you say - for a first effort it is impressive and if the next is also a Grumman he will never have to buy himself a drink in San Diego ever again

Looking forward to your updated mdl files and any others you might make available for the Duck

@ anyone who know how to raise the Ducks@ss in the water? what changes to the float contact points to raise the stern up and maybe also get the main float lower or 'deeper' overall into the water..?
    enter..the Sandman

Blog Entries
    I just followed the above instructions for downloading it, and the file has been completely removed.
    As a moderator, i cant say anything more. Needless to say furious is an understatement.. But at least we are moving in the right direction to help restore this wonderful little aircraft to its rightful place..
    Warchild

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    After installing the latest improvement package, I cannot open the rear canopy. How to fix this?
    someone else posted the fix previously and the thread was closed before I could say thank you...so Thank You

copy and paste the text below into each of the Ducks aircraft.cfg files

[exits]
    number_of_exits=2
    exit_rate.0=0.4 ;Percent per second

you can put it anywhere...I placed it just after the [Radios] section and before the [Flaps] section
    enter..the Sandman

I just uploaded a complete set of UV maps for SWingman's Grumman Ducks. This time, I remembered to export UV Maps for all four models.

They are in the FS2004 Other section.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

are these the files that will reduce 'shine' then?....forgive me for I yam dum
    enter..the Sandman

Can't even get into the avsimrus site........

Did all the folks trying to d/l this plane crash the server?
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

heywooood

No, the UV maps will not reduce the shine on the Ducks. That will be the modified MDL (model) files that I will be uploading either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just sent to the FS2004 Other section....an enhanced engine texture for the Ducks...really showcases the R-1820 radial...but still has a worn and dirty look to it.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nice

thanks for reply wrt uv maps...so not about shine then...what do the uv maps do?
    enter..the Sandman