Ground Texture Fuzzies

Thread: Ground Texture Fuzzies

Hybrid View

Ground Texture Fuzzies

Regarding ground textures/mesh... sitting on the ground in a plane, looking out the cockpit glass, everything looks great, as it does in the spot view, looking at the model sitting on the ramp. Seems that upon take-off, the more altitude between me and the ground, the more the ground textures become fuzzy and there are alot of jagged edges. This only happens in the spot view while in the air. If I stay sitting in the seat, either in the 2D or the VC, (where I should be, really) the ground is crystal clear and the coastlines and roads are smooth.

Ocasionally, I enjoy the spot view, especially when I am flying a really sweet looking plane. I think I would enjoy it more if the ground textures didn't look like a conglomeration of cat fur, all fuzzy and out-of-focus looking. Just wondered if there was a fix or a way to tweak the ground textures to sharpen them up just a bit.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Icon5

Hi,

Well it's sooo many to read about this matter
    The sharp terrain in distance ... the holy Graal
    This is one between many posts everywhere to read ........
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/329728-...-tweak-for-fs9

Hi Claudius24 --

I have worked with that tweak and have tried a few entries. What I have really noticed is that the higher the number, the sharper the ground textures around airports are. Especially at lower altitudes. I still have the problem of fuzzy ground texturing at higher altitudes and the mips are slow to generate a sharper image. It's prolly a memory issue. I'm going to do a memory upgrade to this machine and take it from 4 GB to 8. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag:

Hi,

4 GB to 8
    Whow !!
    4GB is more than enough ...
    I run with (only ) 2GB and happy ....
    Don't wait for any miracles with 8 GB

Quote Originally Posted by claudius24 View Post
    Hi,

Whow !!
    4GB is more than enough ...
    I run with (only ) 2GB and happy ....
    Don't wait for any miracles with 8 GB
    It's Win 7 with an ATi 7200 viddie. It's PCI but is supposed to have 1GB of dedicated memory. The processor is an AMD Quad-4 3.0GhZ. I'm not real sure of the BIOS version, or just how it partitions each one of those "quads" or how it runs specific tasks. A bit too deep for me.

BB686:USA-flag:

If anyone comes up with THE answer for getting the high-rez ground textures to load at greater distances I, and probably legions of other FS users, will be ecstatic. I hate when the textures 'pop' into focus.

I've got a pretty fair rig and I've tried all those tweaks that have been posted around. Most haven't done diddly for me.

My other pet peeve is when the water textures show square block outlines. My only fix is to reduce the visibility distance.

Members who have read this thread: 9