Carenado Mentor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Mentor

Carenado Mentor

Check Carenado's FSX section - looks like the T-34 is out.

Am I first?:costumes:

Glenn

Blog Entries
    If you didn't buy it yet, i will be the first.

*Types with one hand while reaching for wallet with the other.*
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    Just went to the site. The pictures are awesome! And only $20 USD.

Too bad I am stuck in a hotel room.

I need a fix! :costumes:

Breath deeply, John. That's it, in...out...in...out.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It sure is pretty.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

MCDesigns

Well, I guess I'll claim to be the first one to actually buy it, as it's d/l on my computer as I type.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Installed.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Dave,

Maybe, maybe not. After two circuits - its typical Carenado - great. But, the panel has some problems. There is a mag switch on the VC panel but its just a bitmap. It and the electrical switches work best or at all from the pop-ups. The landings a lot more satisfying than the FS9 version.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Dave,

Maybe, maybe not. After two circuits - its typical Carenado - great. But, the panel has some problems. There is a mag switch on the VC panel but its just a bitmap. It and the electrical switches work best or at all from the pop-ups. The landings a lot more satisfying than the FS9 version.

Glenn
    Bummer! :costumes: She's very nice for sure, but mostly just a work-over of the FS2004 model. HOWEVER, I loved the FS2004 model, so I'm certain to love this one as well. A great machine for VFR flying - wonderful visibility from the VC. Now I'm off to see if some old re-paints work.
    Cheers,
    Dave

:mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

It's worth the money and I'm sure a quick e-mail to Carenado will get a panel fix soon enough. Good thing my wife is out of town - the T-34 today and the L-4 yesterday. Figure the odds that we aren't done for the week.

Glenn

Damn, I was hoping for the C172 next. The T-34 is a great plane though. I have the updated FS9 version.

Jim

rear VC View is Good...I love this Plane:friday:

Pretty cool!

The sim timing was off, so I never had a chance to own or fly the FS9 version.

Awww...dang it....I just installed a new second hard drive, and am in the middle of moving everything around and repartitioning.....

Tomorrow :mixedsmi:

Re-paints work. To save space, you just need the following .bmp files from the desired re-paint;
    Carenado_mentor_fuse2_T
    Carenado_mentor_fuse_T
    Carenado_mentor_interior1_T
    Carenado_mentor_interior3_T

Then, copy the texture.cfg file from one of the default Maule's texture folders into the desired Mentor re-paint's add-on folder and add to the aircraft.cfg as you normally would. You really only need the re-paint's "Carenado_mentor_interior3_T" file for the Navy 'B' model if you want something besides a yellow pilot helmet. For example, I added the Navy blue scheme by Kevin Jessee, and the default helmet is still yellow, unless you keep the Carenado_mentor_interior3_T from his re-paint in the navy blue texture folder.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Hot Dang,been waiting for this one for a long time,I love the new turbo T34 but this one has been a favorite since FS9.

What a bargain!

Sweet. Purchased!

Note to devs: $20 is an impulse buy.

It is definately an FsX native then?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2011
    self shadowing vc means 100% native FSX model
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Yep. FSX native.

Despite the FAQ entry that says they don't offer upgrade prices because of the extensive reworking of the models, this looks to be 100% identical to the FS2004 version from what I've seen. Just is compiled with the FSX SDK and has all the shadowing/lighting/performance improvements from that.

But given that I bought the FS2004 version 4 years ago, I didn't mind spending the extra $20 for the reworked model.

I'd like to see the pilot from the rear VC!
    To the developers: is it possible?

There's a great sun-burst scheme that was my favorite for the Fs9 version. It will look great in the FsX one too

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#cceeff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left width=*>Carenado Beechcraft T-34 Mentor (Sunburst) </TD><TD noWrap align=right><!-- --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Images related to this file:

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD width=*>File Description:
    A Repaint for the Beechcraft T-34 Mentor by the Carenado Team. The Payware Mentor is required to use this texture!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="50%" align=center bgColor=#cceeff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%">Filename:</TD><TD width="75%">risngsn.zip</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">License:</TD><TD width="75%">Freeware, limited distribution</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Added:</TD><TD width="75%">21st March 2005</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Downloads:</TD><TD width="75%">1198</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Author:</TD><TD width="75%">Glenn Baker / Carenado</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Size:</TD><TD width="75%">519kb</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Looks like history is repeating itself, with two Mentor models being released simultaneously (the other of course being AlphaSims). The Carenado model was easily one of my all time favourite aircraft in FS9 and I'm sure the FSX model will be the same. I'm off to Carenado now . Hopefully I'll be able to resist getting the AlphaSim version as well. It does look sweet, but I have to watch those pennies.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Fantastic, loved the FS9 version.

Members who have read this thread: 4