Somebody needs a lesson in how to fly around the world

Thread: Somebody needs a lesson in how to fly around the world

Somebody needs a lesson in how to fly around the world

Looking at Vertigo Studios newest project the Vans RV8 prompted my to look for a site I found a few years ago. It was a couple who were planning a flight around the world in a Vans RV 7. Should be quite the real life adventure.

Here is there site

http://www.flight-around-the-world.org/index.html

Here is there route

After 4 year of preparation, we are planning a flight around the world in an experimental airplane: RV7.
    The journey will take approximately 3 years, with crossing every longitude and latitude. Our starting point was Florida, USA on 31.March 2009 and the routes will be as follows:

USA - Bahamas – Dominican Republic – Guyana – Surinam – Brazil – Argentina – Antarctica with landing on the South Pole – back to Argentina - Chile – Peru – Ecuador – Panama - Costa Rica – Nicaragua – Belize – Mexico – USA – Canada - Greenland – Island - Europe - Turkey - Saudi Arabia - Oman - Pakistan - India - Maldives - Sri Lanka - Thailand - Indonesia - Australia - Tasmania - New Zealand - most of all South Pacific Islands - Borneo - Philippines - China - Japan - Alaska – Canada and back to USA.
    A total of approximately 130.000 nautical miles or 240.000 kilometers. This means about 6 times around the world. Normally we sleep in our tent, but we would be incredibly happy to enjoy one or two nights in a comfortable bed with a nice hot shower!!!
    As you can see they are clearly not taking the fastest way around the world.

Good luck to them. I wish I had that kind of finances that I could take off like that for 3 years but I got the feeling some of those places they are going will not be too friendly.

Still Cheers
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Hey All,

Believe that was one of our strategies from a past RTW.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hehe. They need a dedicated planning staff, that's what they need. No corridors? No bonus fields? That'll never work!

Looks like a fun adventure!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Normally we sleep in our tent,
    Strange... they planned on skipping Libya where there's another guy who does the same

I'd guess that much of the meandering is to see selected spots while others are to be sure they missed revolutions and lack of 100LL.

Pass it on to Reggie and maybe it'll show up as the 2021 RTWR plan

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein