Eurofighter Typhoon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurofighter Typhoon

Eurofighter Typhoon

Does anyone have any recommendations on a Eurofighter for FS9? Payware or freeware, it doesn't matter.

I've looked at the IRIS freeware, and the AFS Design and Combat Planes payware products and their reviews, and am not sure if there are others avaiable or not, or how they might compare to the IRIS E.A.P.

Also, does anyone know the relationship between the Eurofighter and the BAe Cyclone, Vortex or Tempest? Can't seem to find any references on these (not that it matters, but just curious anyways).

Thanks.
    :ernae:

--WH

I did an update to the freeware Alphasim Eurofighter. The VC isn't the greatest...but it works. The external is pretty good. I uploaded the package to the library here on SOH.

The IRIS Eurofighter, formerly DSB....doesn't have a VC.....that's why I stick with the Alphasim version....a mediocre VC is better than no VC in my book.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Also, does anyone know the relationship between the Eurofighter and the BAe Cyclone, Vortex or Tempest? Can't seem to find any references on these (not that it matters, but just curious anyways).

Thanks.

--WH
    simple WH, the BAe Systems E.A.P (Experimental Aircraft Programme) was the forerunner to Eurofighter, it was powered by twin RB-199's (Same engines as on the panavia tornado) it proved admirably in flight tests, performing things even the typhoon cannot do today, she could more or less stand on her tail for a short period if i recall. lessons learnt from the EAP were then put to use on the Eurofighter 2000 (as the Development typhoons were originally known), again a few 2000's were fitted with RB199 powerplants, but were later swapped for the eurojets.

the Vortex, Cyclone and Tempest are all what if aircraft and i love them for that, in my opinion the thing looks great with that double delta wing and the canards, give the IRIS EAP a go... she's a blast!

The Tempest, Cyclone and Vortex are fictitious versions ofthe EAP, a 'what-if' they had entered service. Other than that, I cannot comment other than AlphaSim has/had a newer version than the one Obio mentions.

Jamie

PS. Matt beat me to the punch.

Alpha/Virtavia also has a payware Eurofighter Typhoon, which is quite nice. It has a working radar. It also has a nice complement of textures done by Andy Knott and there is an additional "Export Pack" available for German and Italian models and paints. I have the Iris EAP installed and it's a real gem, so I fly them both.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Alpha/Virtavia also has a payware Eurofighter Typhoon
    Hmmm... the AlphaSim Eurofighter is no longer available, and Virtavia hasn't picked it up as yet so it seems. So... I'm still looking. :salute:

--WH

i'm still waiting to hear anything of the old FS2004 TSR2 too... but yeah the typhoon is good, the EAP is good... lotsa models there too

as for the real EAP... prepare for a sad sight.... can see the double delta or 'arrow' wing clearly against the wall and fitted....

Oh, my.... :salute:

Is that the lunch room or a conference room? Looks kinda tight and dusty. Regardless, I'd love to spend an afternoon there with my dust cloth.

BTW - thanks for the background explaination, Smoothie.

--WH

it's a lecture hall at the Aeronautical College at Loughborough, theres rumours of it being put back together and given to the RAF Museum at Cosford (less than 40mins from where i live), amazing to think this thing flew on 8-bit processors...

Warhorse, if you absolutely must have a Eurofighter, there is Andreas Meyer's package at afs design. Jury is out on it.

I have the newer Alphasim Typhoon. Love everything except the ancient HUD. Would love to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by awj112 View Post
    Warhorse, if you absolutely must have a Eurofighter, there is Andreas Meyer's package at afs design. Jury is out on it.

I have the newer Alphasim Typhoon. Love everything except the ancient HUD. Would love to find a replacement.
    The external model of the AFS one is IMHO ok, but nothing more. The FDE though is waaaay over the top! It's like flying a Viper out of Battlestar Galactica!

The best EF ever released was the latest payware offering of Alphasim/Virtavia!

Just my two €cents worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    it's a lecture hall at the Aeronautical College at Loughborough, theres rumours of it being put back together and given to the RAF Museum at Cosford (less than 40mins from where i live), amazing to think this thing flew on 8-bit processors...
    Cosford would be the perfect home for this little beauty, alongside the other one-offs/prototypes they have there.
    Andy

I guess the question now is..

Does Virtivia have plans (or rights) to re-release the Eurofighter under their name?

There are a couple fine AlphaSim aircraft like the Raptor and TSR that I have yet to see under the Virtavia label.
    Anybody have any insight into their upcoming releases?

--WH

As I recall, both the Raptor and Eurofighter were created by the same person. I suppose it it possible to see both.

i'm still waiting to hear anything of the old FS2004 TSR2 too...
    TSR2... Alphasim TSR2..... Is there a re-work in the making? Or am I just thinking wishfully...? I have the ALPHA TSR2 on my back-up, it's a bit dated but still a very nice rendetion of the real plane, and the ONLY one out there to the best of my knowing. There also is an add-on pack of various fictional skins for the plane that are SWEET! If anyone is interested in the add-on pack (which was freeware), send me a PM with an email addy and I'll dig it up and send you back a copy. Not real sure if it's still available from any FS websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    TSR2... Alphasim TSR2..... Is there a re-work in the making? Or am I just thinking wishfully...? I have the ALPHA TSR2 on my back-up, it's a bit dated but still a very nice rendetion of the real plane, and the ONLY one out there to the best of my knowing. There also is an add-on pack of various fictional skins for the plane that are SWEET! If anyone is interested in the add-on pack (which was freeware), send me a PM with an email addy and I'll dig it up and send you back a copy. Not real sure if it's still available from any FS websites.

There were a couple of others out there (Itosan did on iirc) but the Alphasim version was way better than any of them. I had a couple of repaints done myself, but they were lost in the dreaded crash - maybe I could re do them, if anybody is interested?
    Andy

Absolutely!! This might just motivate me to re-install the old girl and grace the skies with her presence again. :ernae:

OK, back to topic... (Didn't mean to get sidetracked about the TSR2...)

back to Typhoon.... it featured in an FS Video i made before i really knew what i was doing...

I still regularly use the old DSB Typhoon even though it has no VC...

Whoops. Ya' missed one.

This will have to do until the AlphaSim/Virtavia version is re-released...

--WH

whos typhoon is that?

whos typhoon is that?
    Abacus.

Thought I'd give it a try. Only one model and three textures - all good, but I doubt I'm going to find any repaints. Had to do some flight tuning to prevent flaunting myself all over the sky. The 2D and VC are pretty sparce, but functional. The HUD has some nice features I hadn't seen before. Might need to swap out the sounds and do some tweaking as time goes on.

--WH

Second/triple that on the EAP by IRIS...love it. Great schemes, and various loadouts. Nice VC/Panel...and its free. "CHA-CHING!"

I sent off an e-mail to Virtavia and asked if they had any plans for re-release the Eurofighter, but no response as yet. It will be a shame if they don't or if they can't.

--WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I sent off an e-mail to Virtavia and asked if they had any plans for re-release the Eurofighter, but no response as yet. It will be a shame if they don't or if they can't.

--WH
    Alphasim's Eurofighter included a two-seater as well. The problem with re-release of that one is the same as with their F-8 discussed in another thread, the F-22, the Big-E, etc. Those models remain the property of Carl Edwards (ninja-mouse). Until he agrees, they can't be repackaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    TSR2... and the ONLY one out there to the best of my knowing.
    There is another I'm aware of, but have never tried it,

http://www.bluesteelfs.com/

there's a couple of other prototypes there to.

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 0