Sound stutter and ech

Thread: Sound stutter and ech

Sound stutter and ech

I have been getting strange issues with my sounds lately. In particular - my commands and responses from my wingmen begin to echo and play very slow as a mission progresses and there is more going on. Just wondering what could be causing this ??? I have checked my sound devices, etc. and they seem fine.

Could this be a Vista issue ?? Anyhelp is appreciated. I have an AMD dual core with a 512mb pcie video card so I dont think my system is overloaded. It only happens with CFS3.....

Thanks

Are you sure youre not flying in the Bermuda Triangle?

Flying under Vista is probably as close as we get to the Triangle...

Seriously, however, I'd check the install for whatever sound card you have; a driver may have gotten corrupted or something else along those lines.

This happened to me in XP, and that solved it for me.

Hope this helps.

This also happened to me using XP with certain non-stock machine gun sounds. I found that adding those specific .wav files to the preload.xml eliminated the problem completely. If Kelly's fix doesn't work try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Autothrottle View Post
    Are you sure youre not flying in the Bermuda Triangle?
    LOL - that is what I was thinking to...

I actually figured it out. When I have my scenery slider set to 5 it causes the problem. I leave all others at 5, move that back to 4 and then there is no more echo.

Must have something to do with the scenery rings or something. It still looks and plays great so I dont think I will explore it further at this time.

Thanks for the tips fellas. :ernae: