Baseball fans are you ready for the season?

Thread: Baseball fans are you ready for the season?

Baseball fans are you ready for the season?

Hey folks,
    Baseball season is almost here and I am very excited for my Giants. How is your favorite team shaping up? As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies, I think they will have a great year. Looks like the Braves and the Phils could have a tight race. There might be some suprises in the NL central.

Looking foward to this season.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Hey folks,
    Baseball season is almost here and I am very excited for my Giants. How is your favorite team shaping up? As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies, I think they will have a great year. Looks like the Braves and the Phils could have a tight race. There might be some surprises in the NL Central.

Looking forward to this season.
    Pilottj,

I agree wholeheartedly. The Brewers are a team that I think might turn some heads in the NL Central, but I am also equally as excited about my beloved Red Sox. I'm also excited about my Bruins and Celtics being in the playoffs...I already have my playoff beard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_beard
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I'm ready. Opening day is my favorite sports day of the year. I'm taking off work on Friday to hopefully watch my Rangers beat up on the Red Sox. Sorry Rami!

I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......

I noticed, however, ESPN isn't televising baseball games all day like they used to do. Disappointing to say the least.

Bob
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Pilottj,

I agree wholeheartedly. The Brewers are a team that I think might turn some heads in the NL Central, but I am also equally as excited about my beloved Red Sox. I'm also excited about my Bruins and Celtics being in the playoffs...I already have my playoff beard...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_beard
    Fear the Beard brother!:salute::ernae:
    ...it worked for our closer
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Friday night, Twins vs. Blue Jays. Long-time Twins fan right here, and they look to be off to another superb year, and everyone's healthy! Just hoping our pitching can stay strong.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

We don't have much to get excited over, here in Pittsburgh, with the Pirates......

And I wish the Montreal Expos would still be in existence...

Blah!

I have never been to a Major League Baseball game. Maybe someday.

Nearby Chattanooga (1.5 hours drive) has a farm team. Maybe I'll try going to one of their games.....

NC

NC, when you move to Florida, you'll have twp MLB teams sort of nearby. The Tampa Rays (closest) and the Marlins (their new field will be located south of downtown Miami. We'll be moving to Palm Coast in two years and I'll have the Daytona Cubs, single A farm team, 30 minutes away. And don't forget about spring training; you'll have LOTS of teams almost playing in your back yard.

Bob

Go Cubbies!!

Going to my first game! Chattanooga "Lookouts", playing the "Tennessee Smokies" this coming Sunday at 2:15.

NC

Thumbs up RE: Chicago Cubs...or is that Chicago' Chumps'?

Quote Originally Posted by rpjkw View Post
    I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......Bob

rpjkw,....I gave up on the Cubs decades ago. Yes,...decades ago. For the life of me, I can't figure out why legends of fans follow these 'lovable losers.' There's nothing lovable or adorable about the Chicago Cubs. If the Chumppies were a private enterprise, they would have been out of business a long time ago. Why pour good money after bad? Last time they won a pennant was 1945. Last time they won the World Series (I think) was 1908.
    As the late Chicago sportscaster, Jack Brickhouse, once said about the Cubs: "Hey,...anyone can have a bad century..."
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

SOH-CM-2024
    Over ready! Hope to see parts of three ML games today. Nasty arse day out too, misty rain and 41 ° F. Gonna stay in and watch some baseball. Yeah!

Go Cards!

But we lost our star pitcher Wainwright for the season to Tommy John surgery. Know you Cubbies are glad to hear that, Brewers too.

Caz

I agree with you 100%, Brad, but as heartbreaking as the Cubs are, I still can't bring myself to switch allegiances. I didn't even grow up in the Chicago area. For years I lived in Houston and was an Astros fan, but when I retired and moved to New Mexico I started watching the Cubs on TV and, well, the rest is history. Who can explain affairs of the heart? The wife says I should have my head examined.

Bob

Hey Bob,..........you don't need you head examined,...you're just a die hard Cub fan. No problemo there. If I remember correctly,...when cable TV first made it's appearance 20 some years ago....Chicago local WGN,...the station that carried the Cubs (and still does,...only to a lesser amount) was channeled throughout the US at that time. That picked up a lot of new Cub fans. From what I gather,...they'll finish out pretty much the same like they did last year. Maybe not in the cellar,...but close to it.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by rpjkw View Post
    I've been ready since the World Series. As a diehard Cubs fan, this is another 'next year' as hope springs eternal.......
    Bob
    Ahh yes... hope springs eternal... since 1908.

This Just In...

Rangers 9, Red Sox 5.

Muuuhhhaaaaa!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    As a Giants fan I am most concerned about the Rockies,...
    Well after ONE game in the season a writer for Fox Sports was saying how great the Dodgers were going to be. His pick to win the West!

Guess he doesn't get out here to La-La land too much and has missed the circus surrounding the team.

And for those further north than me in Kalifornia, Fox picked the A's to win the AL West! Best pitching in baseball so says Fox.

Guess me and Father Bill will be the only ones rooting for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? (pun intended, btw)

Cubs lost their opening game, 6-3. Business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Well after ONE game in the season a writer for Fox Sports was saying how great the Dodgers were going to be. His pick to win the West!

Guess he doesn't get out here to La-La land too much and has missed the circus surrounding the team.

And for those further north than me in Kalifornia, Fox picked the A's to win the AL West! Best pitching in baseball so says Fox.

Guess me and Father Bill will be the only ones rooting for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? (pun intended, btw)
    LOL yeah guess one game makes them an expert haha. Funny tho I think the Giants do better when they are the underdogs, they tend to run into trouble when the spotlight is on them. Who knows, the D-Backs might make a good run of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Cubs lost their opening game, 6-3. Business as usual.
    Yep,......The Cubbies are on their way for another illustrious season........

On a brighter note, the White Sox are 2-0 and have scored 23 runs in those 2 games. I think they have given up 13 runs so the pitching has to get a little better. Going for the sweep tomorrow in Cleveland.

It is amazing that the Cubs have not won a WS in over a century now. Seems they continually spend big money for players that don't live up to the billing. Even though I am a Sox fan I will pull for the Cubs if they ever make it to a WS in my lifetime.